10/19/13 Wonder. Galveston to W Caribbean.

I see it's been a while since anyone has posted, but I am hoping to join the EF group? I just learned about it today and I am so excited! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!

Hey there! We are more active on the Facebook page and have the FE sign up there. If you don't have FB, let me know and we can add you to the exchange. Scroll up a few posts for the Facebook links. Welcome!

We booked a guaranteed balcony cabin earlier this week, so we'll be joining you. Still trying to decide the best options for arriving the night before (we're from Central New York - our closest airports are Syracuse & Rochester, and both have more flights to Hobby than; Hobby doesn't have Dis transfers).

We did a 4 day Disney Dream cruise in December with our then 3 1/2 yr old DGD; she'll be 4 1/2 this time. She didn't really enjoy the kid's club - I think she was a little young and didn't know anyone so it was a little strange for her. She now has a full year of pre-school under her belt, and maybe she can meet up with some of the others her age on this board. If you haven't experienced the kid's club, the facilities are great, but kids of all ages are pretty much left on their own; I didn't see or hear of much one-on-one experiences. Hopefully this year she'll enjoy the kid's club more, although she had an absolutely great time on the cruise regardless.

My DW is the Facebook person in our family, so I'll have her check that out soon. See you all in about 90 days!

We booked a guaranteed balcony cabin earlier this week, so we'll be joining you. Still trying to decide the best options for arriving the night before (we're from Central New York - our closest airports are Syracuse & Rochester, and both have more flights to Hobby than; Hobby doesn't have Dis transfers).

We did a 4 day Disney Dream cruise in December with our then 3 1/2 yr old DGD; she'll be 4 1/2 this time. She didn't really enjoy the kid's club - I think she was a little young and didn't know anyone so it was a little strange for her. She now has a full year of pre-school under her belt, and maybe she can meet up with some of the others her age on this board. If you haven't experienced the kid's club, the facilities are great, but kids of all ages are pretty much left on their own; I didn't see or hear of much one-on-one experiences. Hopefully this year she'll enjoy the kid's club more, although she had an absolutely great time on the cruise regardless.

My DW is the Facebook person in our family, so I'll have her check that out soon. See you all in about 90 days!

Welcome! I have family in Houston, so my DD16 and I are flying in the day before and staying at my aunt's house, and then they'll drive us out, and pick up, from Galveston. It's one of the reasons we chose Galveston over Florida... Well, that and the smokin' deal.

We would have preferred flying into Hobby, but we decided to do Disney transfers and stay at the Hotel Galvez, booked through Disney. It's not the cheapest way, but at least Disney is a company I can trust.

I checked out one Internet site for limos or taxis; they had a price on the Net of $85 for transfer to the port from Hobby, but when I called the said the price had gone up to $120 because of rising fuel prices. At least with Disney we're pretty safe at knowing what I costs now.

Hey everyone. We will also be cruising out of Galveston in October, Yay! My husband and I, plus our 6 year old son and 17 month old little girl. I have requested to join the FB group, so hopefully I get accepted soon and can get in on the FE. My family is VERY excited but I am a little nervous my ds won't be willing to go to the kids club activities. He is pretty shy when he doesn't know anyone, so I'm hoping he will give it a shot and make a friend he can hang with throughout the activities. I know he would love it if he had someone to go with! Can't wait to get to know everyone! :)

Welcome! There's certainly still time to join the FE Exchange. See you on Facebook!

We just booked our 3 GTY rooms today for this cruise. There will be 7 of us (5 of us have cruised Disney before and 2 have not). We are all so excited. I have submitted a request to join the FB page. We would love to get in on the FE gifts too.

Hi all.
My wife and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is our first Disney cruise. The timing worked out well due to a family event afterwards in Houston. I mostly post on Cruise Critic, but with the activity over there a bit low, someone suggested that most Disney cruisers post over here.

I did see the links to join the Facebook group, but I will be declining the invite. I prefer not to advertise on Facebook that I have a vacation planned (call me old fashioned, but I don't need to advertise that the house will be empty).

Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you.

Hi all.
My wife and I will be joining you on this cruise. It is our first Disney cruise. The timing worked out well due to a family event afterwards in Houston. I mostly post on Cruise Critic, but with the activity over there a bit low, someone suggested that most Disney cruisers post over here.

I did see the links to join the Facebook group, but I will be declining the invite. I prefer not to advertise on Facebook that I have a vacation planned (call me old fashioned, but I don't need to advertise that the house will be empty).

Looking forward to possibly meeting some of you.

1025 & I have been following each on another site (CC), which doesn't have much for Disney. I'm also not a Facebook fan, but DW has been following that.

We booked 7a guaranteed stateroom, so I'm looking forward to getting a cabin assignment.

1025 & I have been following each on another site (CC), which doesn't have much for Disney. I'm also not a Facebook fan, but DW has been following that.

We booked 7a guaranteed stateroom, so I'm looking forward to getting a cabin assignment.

We too booked a 7a guarantee. The price was right.

I agree, the price was right... And I have relatives in Houston, so saving a bit there as well as we can stay overnight and they are providing transportation.

Glad to see you made it over to this board...

Just fyi, the facebook group is a closed group, so you need to request to be added, and once you've been added, only you and group members can see your posts.

I found that Disboards has more information, and is a lot more active, so people can answer any questions you have. This is our first cruise ever so both CC and disboards has been a wealth of information...

I was checking the Disney Cruise Website. I see that they have IGT, VGT and OGT rates available.

We booked a 7A GTY back in April... and paid about the same as the VGT rate so I guess we are happy. It would have sucked if it was drastically less...

I think we got an awesome deal... the 7A price also seems to have gone up...

I just looked, the 7A definitely jumped from when I booked 2 weeks ago. I got to wonder how crowded the ship will be at this point.

I checked cruisefish.net for the wonders October sailings. Not sure if that percentage is rooms sold or occupancy percentage.

Saildate Categories
2013-10-05 [1]91 %
2013-10-19 [2]87 %
2013-11-02 79 %
2013-11-16 75 %
2013-11-30 [3]79 %

I checked cruisefish.net for the wonders October sailings. Not sure if that percentage is rooms sold or occupancy percentage.

Saildate Categories
2013-10-05 [1]91 %
2013-10-19 [2]87 %
2013-11-02 79 %
2013-11-16 75 %
2013-11-30 [3]79 %

It is actually the percentage of categories left (not sold out). That's why the highest percentage is ranked first as it should have the best deals. This is only a general indication of the cruise status since it does not directly measure the number of cabins.

So, for the case of the 10/19 cruise, you are saying that only 13% of cabins are sold?

13% of categories are sold out. That's 3 out of 24. If you click through to the cruise itself right now, you'll see the following chart. The crossed out categories are sold out. By the way, red means that the price has gone up, often a sign that the category will soon be sold out.

FWIW it looks like there are lots of cabins left on this cruise. (We're on the 11/30 Wonder cruise which shares this same itinerary and that's why I'm monitoring this thread :))

Untitled-1_zps81589879.gif

http://www.cruisefish.net/finder.md?id_cruise=25486

OK, so it really isn't a good gauge then.

Was just trying to get an idea. I did notice that for the 10/19 departure, there were still plenty of reservations available for Palo. From my reading, it sounded like it would be hard to get one.

Thanks to Hokeysmoke for chart and explanation. Like 1025, I'm quite happy with the price I got for my 7A - now I just have to wait for a cabin number.

PS: we booked a guaranteed Inside on Disney Dream last December (first time trying a guarantee in ten cruises). We ended up mi-ship, Deck 7, a great location. This time we'll be aft, but I still think I got a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter