• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
:Pinkbounc Doing the Happy Dance :Pinkbounc ... I am so glad to hear that Ave re-booked and it seems like most of the "team" will be back going to our "Adult Cruise Camp".

Eric ... as soon as I can find my rese & cabin #, I'll get it to you.

Bette - Kim ... How are you making out with the cabin mess? I really feel they owe you big time.

Bette ... Did I remember correctly, the name of your little stow-away next year is Minnie? Correct me on the spelling and just how big a laynard she (?) will need.

BTW ... Did Bernie get home to his brothers and sisters OK? Did he bring any photos to show his "parents". That was just too funny. Let me know when it will be possible to see some of his adventure pictures.

Is it too early for a slogan and logo? Hope I didn't miss that cause I'm still trying to get caught up with you guys.

I also see the thread that some of you had problems with billing.

MaryJo (SarahsMom) also wrote about a bad experience with getting a stateroom gift she ordered well in advance. Bummer!

Work is screaming for me to come back to reality.

AVE is coming,Ave is coming......:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Not only a drink,but, your very own tube of glow bracelets.!:hyper:

Hugs,
Kim & Bette:earsgirl: :earsgirl:

That would be great! It would be nice if we could also get one or two more couples to join us. Have you cruised with DCL before?
Once we get it all together, I'll be happy to make the call so we can all be linked.
Looking forward to meeting you,
Jeanne

Hi Guys,

This is Kim here...

Ave & Mary, I have a real NEAT idea for lanyards for next year, if you do not mind can I be in charge of supplying the lanyards for next year ??? I will share my plan with you as soon as I know it works...PLMK.

Goofynut... Nothing yet from Disney, but I expect it will take many weeks to hear back from them.

We were one of the unlucky to have stateroon charge bills messed up. On departure day I was billed multiple times for
$300.18 purchase(s) I did not buy anything at that price and one purchase for $ 105.00. DCL is looking into it and will get back to me on this also.

All of Bernies pictures are now ready if you want to see them. PM me your e-mail and I weill send you a link.

Back to work,

Bye, Kim:wave2: :wave2:

Jeanne:

10/2/04 will be our 4th disney cruise. We also sailed on the 10/11 cruise - it was definetely a great experience and met some great people. The 1st cruise we went with my sister, brother and their spouses and the 2nd cruise was just the 2 of us. Even though we traveled just the 2 of us on the 10/11 cruise we still felt that we sailed with a group since we met so many nice people with cruisetober fest II both on the boat and at the Baltimore meet beforehand. We both said we sailed alone but with others(wierd?)

The more the merrier at the dinner table would be great. It makes for more fun. I know its early but any other takers?
Arlene

Ave -- That's great news that you are sailing again with us. Knew that you'd give in!!

Kim -- please send the link for the bernie pictures.

Mike & Kathy - Hope everything goes well at the doctor's. Jim goes back on the 18th I think. He had a great week though on the cruise and only felt bad one night which is great progress. By next year hopefully everything will be lots better.

Hello to everyone who wasn't on the 10/11 cruise -- it'll be great to meet more new people. The fact that we 'knew' people before we boarded really made the cruise as far as Jim and I are concerned.

I've told everyone at work that we have rebooked so they are all ready to listen to me for another year about it. My secretary hasn't clued in that I'll be gone for the end of September rush but hopefully she won't realize this til August!!

Work calls -- have to pay for the cruise somehow since I didn't win it but there's always next year.

Thank you in advance for doing the list again Eric.

Fiona

As there are so many people intending to link their ressies, we should ask Disney to link the ressies first and then link the linked groups into one big seating area in the same rotation.

Eric:

Sounds like a good idea to me. Hopefully it will be a better result than what happened at the Palo brunch...

Arlene

ok AVE what r we going to do about brunch this time?????

I say we use the same plan and we dont tell DCl....

Suggestions ?????

This time the people that r the leaders can not alll wear the t shirt lol Everyone gets mad...... one lady was Furious when she saw all those people in front of her with the T shirts on...

I thought she was kiddding , but she was not ................

Maybe we should contact PALO manager he seems to like u....lol

I forgot mention that yesterday also got our DVD from Cpt. Marvin's Stingray Tour arrived :Pinkbounc We just watched it and we instantly wished to be back in the blue waters of the Caribbean :(
Today our official PADI Diver IDs arrived. We donated some extra-bucks to get the special Manatee-edition. Now we're officially no longer at the end of the food chain :hyper:
I did overtime every day this week, skipped a lot of breaks and Iam still drowning in work, but by coming into the office on saturday as well I should be able to manage the flood - Hopefully!! But I don't envy my former teammates: Everything I scheduled for work during the week they'll have to do during the next weeks. This weekend 21 of the 42 people of our department will be in the office. Fortunately in my company we have a problem millions of people dream of: Too much work!!

Bette: Today I passed the hat and the patches to my police officer friend and I also mailed your friend Tim and imformed him about it. Frederick (My friend) already posted a query for a uniform-collector on the Intranet of the Frankfurt Police Force. He's sure to find people willing to get in touch with Tim.

Anja says Hi to everyone, too. We're going to bed now. It's 10pm and we had a tough day at work and training in the the gym. Additionally we had a bomb threat which closed down Frankfurt's Grand Central Station causing major delay in the afternoon rush-hour.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to write an actual letter and snail mail it to DCL about linking our tables. I'm thinking we are booked and they had to work up seating anyway so this way they could get it done early.

Also ... is it possible to write Palo and explain how many tables could be guaranteed for a brunch. I know they have to leave space for their concierge (sp) clients but at least they wouldn't have so many empty tables as they did at our seating which was Monday 10:30, I think. After all the Navigator states that Palo reservations are a first come basis. I felt bad for Ave getting called to the "principals office".

Surely the size of our group being such good repeat customers and the PR they get out of us is worth some considerations.

OK ... this is me stepping off my soap box now!

I know it's been said that they read these posts and knew we were coming.

:wave2: Hi Guys .... Have a nice Halloween tomorrow!

Kim, I sent you a PM.

Dinning...I have booked early dinning for next year in the hopes that I will be able to stay awake later! I may change it before we cruise. I'm not sure if I want to do the Palo thing again. The whole thing (reservations) left me with a bad feeling. I did have a GREAT time at brunch with everyone! Maybe we should all book BRUNCH and DINNER!!!????That would really push them over the edge!I am going to mention the Palo brunch problem when I write my letter to DCL. I understand the problem with large tables (kind of), I just can't figure out why they had such a hard time with a bunch of tables for 6??!!!
I think PETER should be in charge of the brunch!!! Anyone who wants Peter in charge say "AYE"!!!LOL!

Eric! The video from Capt. Marvins!!! WAY COOL!

AYE for Peter :boat:

Kathy and I are going to skip the Palo's thing, brunch and dinner this next cruise. Like Mary I am just totally disgusted with that particular function of the magic.

Kathy went to the doctor today, but the cardiologist has not read the halter monitor yet. We have to call the doctor tomorrow. Mike

I EDITED THIS POST

BUT I AGREE WITH AVE ...... I WOULD LKE THAT ALOT BETTER AND WE WOULD HAVE ALOT EASIER TIME DOING IT....

SCREW BRUNCH...............................

PETER

Thanks for the big "Welcome back". You guys are the greatest. I love the idea of linking the dinning. But I love the APLAPL rotation, and I have also booked early dinning. But like Mary, I may change to late seating.
I am not going to do Palo brunch this cruise. But if I can still vote, I vote for Peter. The rude remark made by the person on line for reservations really bothered me.
But I do have another idea.:duck: I was thinking maybe..getting a bunch of us together for brunch at one of the sit down rest. Maybe Lumieres? I could go to the head server a day or so ahead of time, and give them a heads up about how many tables we would need. And since we have 3 days at sea on this trip, we could do it one of those days. (Sun, Mon, or Thur) Anyone out there interested?
Got to go watch my Captain Marvin video again!:teeth:
Later, Ave'

Thanks Mary and Peter. My way of thinking is, if anyone wants to do Brunch at Palo, go for it. But for me, the food came second to the company. And if something comes up at the last minute,and you can't make it, you don't have to worry about getting charged $10. Also last time I checked you can get a glass of champange at breakfest in any of the sit down places.

So, OK if this sems like a good idea, let me know. I would love to organize it. But I will need someone to help. Hey, How about Peter?.:teeth: :tongue:

Later, Ave'

All things considered, I wouldn't be the first in line to sign up for Palo. I wasn't impressed with the brunch (the conversation and the people were great... the heat in there and the food were not), and I wasn't overly impressed with our supper, yet others had a super time and enjoyed it immensely.

Jim.

Arlene and Jeanne--- Norm and I would be glad to link our dinner reservations with you as we have late dinner. We were with Andy and Arlene on 10/11 and had a good time at dinner and then several evening we went over to Rockin D Bar. We are also in our 50's. I believe on the Eastern Cruise with the LAP rotation we have formal night on Sunday so will be in Animators still have Semiformal in Parrot Cay. I like the LAP rotation except for the fact on the Western you are in Parrot Cay on both formal and semiformal night. However, this past cruise they were alot more small kids in the LAP rotation then I have ever seen before. The worse night was formal night in Parrot Cay. Between the band playing really loud and all the kids around us we couldn't hear each other talk at the table. We were all kind of surprised at the noise level that night. I am calling Monday to make our reservations and then will have my confirmation number. So just let me know when you want my information.

I am also for boycotting Palo. Since we had volunteered to move to the Sunday brunch to help Ave out, we didn't even get to socialize with the majority of you. I'm sure there is someplace else that we can all meet. Lumieres might be just the spot. That way there would be no hassle. Just show up.

So is "usetheforceluke" Jim of "Fionna and Jim". So you must be into Star Trek.

Mike--- Sorry to hear about Kathy's cardiac problem. I hope everything is ok. Keep us all posted. Doesn't just looking at you each day, make her heart skip a beat.

The Veterans table can't be called that anymore, since so many of us are Veteran's. You will have to think of a new name. It would be nice if we could all be near each other in the dining room. There were not many from our group in the LAP rotation. Ok I need to move on from all the dining issues.

Yea, tomorrow is Friday. Happy Halloween.

Nancy::MinnieMo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter