10/02/04 Antigua Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renee - I'm so sorry to hear about your pics of Haley!!! We haven't really looked at our pictures yet, but as soon as we do, I'll get Chris to get them up on our website, and you can let me know if you want any of them. I know that we did take at least some of Haley.

Renee--- So sorry to hear about your pictures. My sister had that happen to her at the 1 hour Wal Mart photo, she got nothing from them. It is a wonder she didn't burn the Wal Mart to the ground, she was that mad.

Bette and Kim--- I love our group photo that you posted.

Oh no Ducks in DC. We will have to hear those Quackers again.

I hate it when we go back to Standard time, it is dark so early. I was ready to go to bed at 5:30pm.

Nancy

Originally posted by alikat99
Renee - I'm so sorry to hear about your pics of Haley!!! We haven't really looked at our pictures yet, but as soon as we do, I'll get Chris to get them up on our website, and you can let me know if you want any of them. I know that we did take at least some of Haley.

Hi Amy,

Thanks for the offer of sending the pics of Haley. Of course, I'd love any that you have. I also have several that we took of Emily that you might like. There are some cute ones of her sleeping on the chair at CC. I have to find a website to put them up on. As soon as I do that, I'll let you know. Or I can email them to you, if you want. Let me know.

Shari:

We would love for you to rebook to the 10/2/03 cruise. It was great meeting you and would love to see you again.

Arlene

Back at work today and my desk wasn't as bad as I thought. Only 4 piles of files and I've gone through 2 already -- helped that our internet was down until just a short time ago.

Am already counting the weeks til the next cruise. It's not warm here at all although during the drive home we got the abbreviated version of fall -- lots of colour and then bare trees. Was told there were snow flurries here last week so we are just waiting.

Great that you are posting Andy -- am determined next cruise to stay awake long enough to watch you!!

Bette -- would love to link our dinner reservations. I'll send you the reservation number as soon as I find it. We got home really late and all of our bags are just dumped into the front hall -- pulled a teenager there!!!

Renee -- so sorry to hear about your pictures. I think I took some of Haley which I'll send to you when they are developed. At this point am not sure when that will be as I have to find all the rolls of film which are scattered throughout too many bags.

Shari -- saw you at LTT just as we were sitting down to eat. I believe you had just arrived. It was really busy and we decided that if we went to the MNSSHP next year that we'd just grab fast food.

Mike - Hope your Dad is feeling better.

I had the cold last Wednesday and still feel like I'm fighting it off but hopefully it won't develop into anything worse.

Had a great time on the cruise and really miss our dinnermates -- and the food. Colleen -- are you feeding Don enough???

Must go and attack the final two piles of work. The lawyer who looked after my files while I was gone just asked if I was missing my nap after being on vacation!!! He also has files to give back to me. :(

Hopefully we'll be able to make Washington in the spring.

Fiona

Just changed ressies to the 10-2 Antigua cruise from the 10-16 eastern! Anyone have info on what the agenda will be on the 7 day eastern? We've been on two 4 day Bahamians, but this'll be our first 7 day. Also any word on changes aboard the Magic after the dry dock stay? We were at the port the day the Magic returned from dry dock, but couldn't get any info on changes.

1971visitor--- Welcome Aboard. There are a number of us on this cruise who just got off the Magic on 10/18 and saw the changes.

Dueling Piano is now Diversion which I liked the layout. I thought it made it looked more open and bigger. Plus you could sit at the window and look out of the portholes. Many TV's to watch sports, tables to play chess and backgammon. The last night, they did a skit there which was really cute.

ESPN is gone and a teen area is now there. Didn't go there.

Common grounds is now Coffee Cafe which has specialty coffee and internet assess. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I think back a couple of pages someone posted about it.

New carpet in the common areas.

If I missed anything someone else can fill you in.

Welcome home Fionna. Being back in reality is the pits. I think Bette and Kim also said they had some snow.

Raining here today and of course more leaves on the ground. :(

My office got moved back to it orginal spot on Friday, so my computer at work isn't hooked up yet. Unable to check the boards from work.

Need to go back to working on my hockey issues. I did not do much hockey stuff while on the cruise, so am way behind.

Nancy

1971....welcome to the 10/02/04 thread! Glad to have you!
A bunch of us were on board the 1st sailing of the Magic after dry dock.The best change (IMHO) is the addition of the Cove Cafe (located in the old "Common Grounds"). It's a nice place for an after dinner cocktail, as well as a nice place to get on the internet. The old "Off Beat is now called "Diversions", a sports bar type place. The Teen club in now located in the old ESPN bar. It's now called The Stack.
The 10/02/04 schedule is:

Sun. Mon at Sea
Tues Antiuga
Wed St Thomas
Thurs at Sea
Fri Castaway Cay

Hi Everyone!
I am so looking forward to meeting everyone. Tell me more about the Dis meet in D.C. in the spring. My husband and I ( and soon to be baby girl due Feb 1st!) live in Maryland, but my husband works at the Air and Space Museum. Had to laugh when everyone said they love it so much, maybe we could meet there! Will be busy, but would love to help put planning the meet. Here are the members of our crew so far for the cruise:

Me: 29
DH:32
DD: Will be ~9 months
DM and DD: I'll leave their ages out!

Best friends and our Godson! They live in Richmond, so they can come to the meet as well!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you!
Bernadette
:earsgirl: :earsboy: ::MinnieMo

Hey Eric,

Did you hear from Disney yet? We're all hoping that you'll be able to cruise with us next year.

To Our Tablemates - I have uploaded our pics on a website. PM me if you would like the link. I also got some pics of Kim and Bette presenting the lookalike Pinky to Eric after our group pic was taken that's on there too.

We had such a great time on that cruise that we can't wait for next year.

Thanks again to everyone that had a part in making this cruise memorable and special.

Renee'

Welcome aboard Bernadette :boat: Glad that you will be joining us. I love the air and space museum. Because my wife loves me she goes along even if it is not her favorite thing to do at the time. We have been to Washington when the cherry blossoms are in bloom several times and love them. We usually stay in Alexandria and take the metro after the rush hour in the am and get the 5 dollar all day ticket. We park our car at the station garage and just use the metro to get around.

Mary hope that you enjoy your trip to Hilton Head when it is time to go.

Waiting on Disney to come out with the shore excursions for Antigua.

Is it October 2004 yet?????????????:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Mike

I am also not the greatest fan of the air & space museum. I am interested in it for awhile and then the interest dwindles but I go because Andy likes the museum.

Thats the give and take of marriage - some things he does that he doesnt like to but does them for me and sometimes I do things that I dont like to but do it for him.

Marrige - the world of compromises....

Arlene

Just got back from a week at BWV and I'm amazed to see how this thread has grown since I posted back at the beginning of October. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise. My DH and I (no children) have reserved early dining. We are used to eating early at home and have not had a problem with children at our table in the past. Just wondered if any of you eat early, too, since we would love to have tablemates from this board rather than eating with strangers.

Love that picture Bette!!

Hope everyone is well. Desk is still covered but am leaving anyway. Just finished telling one of my co-workers about the cruise.

Are you sure we can't zip past the winter and at least get to spring?

Hi Guys, This is Kim here...

Guess what, you know how we all thought that everything else on the trip went smooth, (i.e. no foul ups) well, I went to guest service Tuesday on the ship gave them my company credit card and asked them bill my company for the unlimited internet of
$ 89.99, they said they could not do it at that time and to come back later, well I never made it back down.
Today my bookeeper opens the COMPANY credit card bill and DCL has billed me for 6 times @ $ 300.18 each & one time @ $ 105.00, and then gave credits for 2 of the l$300.18 charges. It is a good thing that I have a great owner of my laboratory... I am pretty much laughing at this point. I e-mailed my travel agent and she is not laughing.

She has not heard from Disney about the "problem" on board but says she will contact me the minute she hears anything.

Well I am off to play lazy for a few hours and putter in the sewing room.

Renee'.. can you send me the link for pictures please.

Thanks, Kim

Kim - I just emailed you the link for the pics.

A question from anyone on our 10/11/03 cruise. Did anyone receive a copy of the statement for the charges for your stateroom? We received a letter saying that there was a problem printing the statements and to go to guest services the day we were leaving to see if they could print them yet. If not, then they would mail a copy to us. I never made it down to guest services to check so I don't know if they were ever able to print them.

Thanks,

Renee'

Renee we received our bill on the morning that we departed. I took the halter monitor back to the ER this p.m.. Kathy is doing fine we are just waiting for them to download the monitor and it be read by a cardiologist. Her heart was skipping beats.

Everyone else is peachy. Hope that everyone has a great day. Mike

We received our bill under the door on the morning that we left.

Mike -- I hope Kathy is ok. Jim had the monitor on him before we left and was concerned that people would notice the mickey ears he was left with! Kathy would not have had the same problem though.

Hope everyone is well.

Hi Folks,
today I received a fax from DCL with the confirmation for 10/02/04 :Pinkbounc :bounce: What I liked best was the price: $0.00 - It's soooooooooo good to be a Mouseketeer :teeth:

I immediately set up an account for the new cruiselist: antiguaorbust@yahoo.com

The Veterans just have to sent a short mail to that adress and I'l transfer the info from the last list. The "new" cruisers should please send the following info:
-Name, age, profession of all adults in your group
-Name, age of all kids cruising with you
-Your DIS-name
-Your stateroom or category (If already known to you)
-Your seating session
-Hometown and state
-Place you will stay at the night before the cruise (Many of us will stay at the Radisson near the Port)
-Special occasion to be celebrated during cruise. I.e. birthday anniversary, etc.

The first edition will go out as soon as I have received enough mails - Say, 5+

Looking forward to your mails :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter