1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Stephanie,
I love your itinerary cards and may have to steal this idea from you! I have my MASTER spreadsheet but everything is on it, and it is confusing sometimes and having the daily info would be easier! What size paper and what kind of paper are you printing these on? Did you download that Disney Font? I need to get that font!!

Hi Nicki (btw, which spelling do you prefer? ;)). I have a visual, master chart I posted early that has all of ADR numbers on it. I also have the master hours sheet too so I can quickly check hours (though I know they can change and have a little. I am waiting until the last few days to print them out). I will give everyone (well, probably one per a room), a copy of the master chart (without ADR numbers) and hours so they will know what our plans are going to be. The Daily Itinerary cards are for me. :upsidedow

I set them up to be 5 x 7 so I print out two days on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. For the paper, I am using cardstock so they hold up. :rotfl:

Stephanie, I love the itinerary cards. A very clever idea and a great way to jot down notes. I think your plans sound fine. We have never used any of the touring guides/plans for any of our trips (and we've been in April, May, July, September and October). I can tell you that at the times we've gone in September, we've never waited more than 5-10 minutes for any attraction except for some of the bigger ones -- Soarin', the mountains, etc. Last year, we walked on Test Track four times in one day.

Thank you Kathy!! Good to know about September crowds. I really hope they will be light. :wizard:

I'm also looking forward to the MNSSHP, but I'm going to one of the last parties so I'll get to learn from all of your experience!
Your plans for Day 1 sound great. I just had one question? Why are you planning on getting in line 45 minutes before Tiana and Naveen show up? Is that a really crowded meet 'n greet? I'd think if you were there 20 minutes or so before you'd probably be ok.

I'm also looking forward to the MNSSHP, but I'm going to one of the last parties so I'll get to learn from all of your experience!
Your plans for Day 1 sound great. I just had one question? Why are you planning on getting in line 45 minutes before Tiana and Naveen show up? Is that a really crowded meet 'n greet? I'd think if you were there 20 minutes or so before you'd probably be ok.

Hi Jenny! Let me know if you have any specifics you want to know about the party--I will do my best to answer them for you!!

I left it so long because the TR I had read is they close the line off at a certain point (they know how many visitors they will get through before Tiana and Naveen take a break). You can stay in line for the NEXT greeting if you like. It may be a lot different in the fall, but in spring you almost had to get into line 45 minutes early in order to be able to meet them. I sure hope that is not true for the fall!! :eek:

We tried to meet Tiana and Naveen in March. There were always people being turned away because the line had reached its max. We were in line waiting, and then it started raining and thundering so they said they wouldn't be coming out. :headache: Oh well, I'm hoping that it will be less crazy for fall, too!

Hi Nicki (btw, which spelling do you prefer? ;)). I have a visual, master chart I posted early that has all of ADR numbers on it. I also have the master hours sheet too so I can quickly check hours (though I know they can change and have a little. I am waiting until the last few days to print them out). I will give everyone (well, probably one per a room), a copy of the master chart (without ADR numbers) and hours so they will know what our plans are going to be. The Daily Itinerary cards are for me. :upsidedow

I set them up to be 5 x 7 so I print out two days on a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. For the paper, I am using cardstock so they hold up. :rotfl:

I read this and said to myself.... "I do that too!" I have a master chart with all ADR's, etc....in Waltograph Font. I wait until the last minute to print and laminate as well.

I also do 5x7 cards (this year 4x6) that have one day each on them. I laminate those as well. I downloaded Disney clip art too for them. After I laminate them I punch holes in them with my scrapbooking tool and attach them to a ring. I then attach the ring to my backpack or purse or whatever I am carrying for the day. :goodvibes

Gotta keep myself organized or I will go nuts!

We tried to meet Tiana and Naveen in March. There were always people being turned away because the line had reached its max. We were in line waiting, and then it started raining and thundering so they said they wouldn't be coming out. :headache: Oh well, I'm hoping that it will be less crazy for fall, too!

Who knows what it will be like, but I figure Lilian wants to meet her (all the princesses as she told me today) so I would try to get in line early in hopes of it working out.

Did you all see that Chef Mickey's added a lunch for August and September because of the crowds during FD?

I tried to add the url to this posting, but they are blocking it since it is from Chip and Co.

I certainly hope this does not mean the crowds are going to be crazy during our trip. Hopefully it is just because Chef Mickey's is popular and wanted to offer more opportunities to dine there. :rolleyes: The dates are now through August 29th and then pick up September 19th--after our dates. Hopefully that means our dates are not too crazy. :wizard:

I read this and said to myself.... "I do that too!" I have a master chart with all ADR's, etc....in Waltograph Font. I wait until the last minute to print and laminate as well.

I also do 5x7 cards (this year 4x6) that have one day each on them. I laminate those as well. I downloaded Disney clip art too for them. After I laminate them I punch holes in them with my scrapbooking tool and attach them to a ring. I then attach the ring to my backpack or purse or whatever I am carrying for the day. :goodvibes

Gotta keep myself organized or I will go nuts!

I agree Sophia!!

Onto another countdown item for me….

16: Photopass Service and Taking Pictures!!!!

I LOVE :love: taking pictures, which is why I upgraded my camera to my first DSLR. I love it and learning how to use it. I will be taking bunches of photos, I’m sure. I love taking pictures of details, candids of Lilian and other family, posed pictures when possible (which is not often with a 4 year old!!).
I also plan on taking advantage of Disney’s Photopass Service. I got a great deal on the CD, but I still want to make sure we use it to the max! I know I will make sure I have pictures of all the numbers from these:

PhotopassCard.jpg

Thanks to my good friend Wendy, (wlwilliams9), I know I need to collect all the numbers so I can compile all the photos from the week. It was great to learn this information from a pro! :thumbsup2

I don’t know if it was or was not offered on our last (and only) trip, but I do know we did not participate or use it last time. Not this trip! :lmao: Since I am new to it, I found these cards on the DISign board informative:

PhotoPass1.jpg
PhotoPassAK.jpg
PhotoPassDHS.jpg
PhotoPassEpcot.jpg
PhotoPassMK.jpg
PhotoPassOther.jpg
PhotoPassSpecialShotsAK.jpg
PhotoPassSpecialShotsDHS.jpg
PhotoPassSpecialShotsEpcot.jpg
PhotoPassSpecialShotsMK.jpg
PhotoPassSpecialShotsMNSSHP.jpg

So I am curious to know, what are your not-to-be-missed pictures? What are your favorite photos you have ever taken (feel free to share if you like)?

Also, in case you are not familiar with it, one of my favorite Disney blogs, WDW Photography. I like reading it to learn tips on how to get great photos, tailored to Disney. :goodvibes

And since I cannot leave without posting a video, I decided to find a photography tutorial, How to Shoot a Fireworks Show, since I know there are several of us who like fireworks. :upsidedow

**I apologize for the large photos--photobucket is acting up and I cannot resize them.

Thanks for those of you responding to my questions! I really appreciate it!! :goodvibes Up next is my second itinerary card:

Sept12Dailycard.jpg

As you can see, it will be a fairly light day again. I hope we might be able to see part of FW too but that will depend on how our morning at FW progresses. Thoughts?

Thanks for posting those cards! I knew some of those special shots, but not all of them. It's definitely a goal of mine to make use of Photopass!

One of my favorite pictures is the very first time Ashlyn met Mickey and Minnie. She was only 2 months old and was sleeping at the time, but it was such a great experience. As soon as they saw me holding Ashlyn, they were putting their finger to their mouths saying "Shhhh!" and were posing all cuddled up close to her. :cloud9: Let me go find the picture... ah, here it is. Sorry it's so blurry! (ugh... and please excuse the hair cut... I got it cut just a couple of days before. I told the lady I wanted shoulder length, even showed her a picture, but she decided to do something completely different than I wanted. :mad: Oh well, hair grows! :) )

20NovAshlynsfirstvisitwithMickeyandMinnie2.jpg

I think even Aaron teared up a little and that may be when he started falling in love with Disney. :goodvibes

I have a lot of favorite pictures that have fabulous stories behind them, but that's definitely one of them.

Thanks for posting the Photopass info. We did the photopass on our last trip 2 years ago. I loved the pictures we got.
Are you going to the waterparks? The photographers took some of the best pictures of my kids there!

Thank you so much for that blog link! I've had my camera for a little over a year and I feel like I really know the technical aspects of photography really well so I'm trying to focus more on the creative aspects- I can't wait to check out the blog for ideas and inspiration! :thumbsup2

Also, thanks for the photopass info! :goodvibes We're doing a photopass share with a group on TGM so I definately want to take advantage of this! (Although I emailed the woman in charge two days ago and haven't heard back from her- it has me a little worried! :scared: )

I think your plans look great, as usual!

Photopass:banana::banana: I love photopass!! You may have realized realized that from my trip report;) Luckily for you and your readers Photobucket is currently down or else I'd post too many photopass pictures. With such a large group I'm sure you'll make good use of photopass. Here is a hint you may or may not know. Take a picture with your camera of the back of your photopass card. Then if you lose the card you will still have the number and will be able to retrieve the pictures. Can't wait to see all of the pictures you take plus all of the photopass onespopcorn::

Hey Stephanie, I'd like to print out those PP cheat sheets, which disign thread did you find them in?

Thanks for posting those cards! I knew some of those special shots, but not all of them. It's definitely a goal of mine to make use of Photopass!

One of my favorite pictures is the very first time Ashlyn met Mickey and Minnie. She was only 2 months old and was sleeping at the time, but it was such a great experience. As soon as they saw me holding Ashlyn, they were putting their finger to their mouths saying "Shhhh!" and were posing all cuddled up close to her. :cloud9: Let me go find the picture... ah, here it is. Sorry it's so blurry! (ugh... and please excuse the hair cut... I got it cut just a couple of days before. I told the lady I wanted shoulder length, even showed her a picture, but she decided to do something completely different than I wanted. :mad: Oh well, hair grows! :) )

20NovAshlynsfirstvisitwithMickeyandMinnie2.jpg

I think even Aaron teared up a little and that may be when he started falling in love with Disney. :goodvibes

I have a lot of favorite pictures that have fabulous stories behind them, but that's definitely one of them.

Thank you for sharing the great picture of Ashlyn at 2 months old! So precious!!

Thanks for posting the Photopass info. We did the photopass on our last trip 2 years ago. I loved the pictures we got.
Are you going to the waterparks? The photographers took some of the best pictures of my kids there!

No problem Amy!! It is amazing what you can find here on DIS!! We are not going to the water park this year. Maybe on another trip. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter