1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Just caught up reading your PTR! I love reading Sept PTR since that's when we're going too. We will be going when you're leaving.
1st of all - Lillian is sooooo cute!!! :flower3:

I LOVE the Cinderella custom dress you have for BBB. I cannot wait to see the pictures of her wearing it at WDW! She will be so adorable!

And I thought we had a long drive with 9 hours!!!!

:welcome: Amy to my PTR! I will pop over to read your PTR, hopefully this evening. :goodvibes

Thank you! I think she is pretty cute ;) The drive is long but we have had just as long as of drive to CO so I think we will be okay.

I forgot to mention earlier that we've done several long car trips with the kids as well as a looooong flight to Germany and they always do fine. I usually go to the dollar store and get a few fun activity books or travel toys/games as well as snacks and juiceboxes. We started early for the drives when the kids were small and it worked out great. :thumbsup2

Thanks Hope! I think we will be good so I am thinking positive thoughts. I could use some pixiedust just in case though. :goodvibes

This time next month on Saturday, September 11th, we will wake up in our hotel in Valdosta/Lake Park, GA. I hope to wake up about 6:0 0 a.m. and get cleaned up. After I am done I will wake up DH to get cleaned up. I will get Lilian ready for her first day at Disney while he showers. :goodvibes

I hope to be on the road no later than 8:00 p.m. If we are success :pixiedust: we will be to Disney about 11:30 or so. The big debate that still needs to be answered is if we are going to go to a grocery store on our way in to get any food items we might want to have during the week. Part of me thinks I will shop for what I can up here in Michigan (since we are driving) and the use the market at CSR to supplement what we need. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Stop on the way into Disney at a grocery store or bring from home? The one issue I could see is the food might get soft or melt if we bring things prone to melting (like poptarts). We could keep those types of foods in one bag and pull them out at my Dads and the hotel in GA. One more bag would not be horrible.

After hopefully seeing the wonderful sign, we will make our way to CSR!! I am so excited to check in and see our location. The big question will be rather our room is available would be fantastic. :cloud9 If our room is available, we will drop off our luggage. We will be meeting DGM, DGP, DBF and DBFH today. Their flights will be landing around 1:00 p.m. Depending on how our timing is going, they will have to meet us at the park or we will meet them at the resort if they do not feel like coming out and meeting us.

I hope to be at MK by 2:00 p.m. and originally the park was scheduled to close at 6:00 but it is saying 7:00. We should have about five hours in MK our first day!!

Breakdown of Day 1 at Disney

Park
Magic Kingdom!!

Food
ADRs: none for today
Breakfast: at the hotel
Lunch: either at the resort or at MK, depending on how our day is progressing
Dinner: up in the air, see discuss below​

Goals for today

1. Meet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen
2. Any FL rides we can accomplish before closing at 7:00 (NOJ begins at 7:30)
3. Ears purchased for Lilian (and possibly me ;))
4. Photopass card purchase and first pictures taken​

I would add more goals, but I would like to keep it to one goal per hour we will be in the park. With being unsure of whether or not we will make it to the park by 2:00 I am hesitant to add a fifth goal.

So after a fun filled day at MK, we have our evening ahead of us. I have several thoughts running through my head regarding our first evening.

Ideas for Evening Plans

1. Go back to resort, eat dinner at the resort and swim. This option is appealing especially if we have not been able to check into our rooms yet.
2. Go to DTD for dinner and some light shopping. If still have energy and not too late, we can go back and swim.
3. Go to ESPN Club!! We love college football in my family so this is obviously during the early part of the season but we still like to watch it!! We could go and eat dinner (OOP) and watch some football. When Lilian gets antsy I can walk with her along the boardwalk-which I have NEVER seen. This option is very appealing because I would get a chance to see another part of Disney property.​

So those are our plans. If we choose option one, than the guys could always wander down to the bar area to see if the games are playing. We could turn on one if the room (and probably will) when we are in providing we can get the right channels. What would you choose?

**Note** I will be posting general park touring plans after the “this time next month” postings are finished. I will be so appreciative of any and all comments and suggestions!!

First day at Disney is always so fun knowing you have your whole vacation ahead of you. I'd probably head back to the resort for dinner on this evening. It will allow you time to get settled and then you can just leisurely check out all the beautiful areas around the resort.:cloud9:

It's so exciting to think that this time next month you'll be at Disney!! :woohoo

I think bringing an extra bag for the stuff you're worried about melting is a good idea- it's been so hot lately that it's better safe than sorry! :thumbsup2

As for your dinner plans, I'm tempted to say go back to the resort and relax. I know we'd need it after all that driving! HOWEVER if your going to miss out on doing something you may not have another chance to do then I'd consider squeezing it in. So, it depends. That's very helpful I know. :lmao:

First day at Disney is always so fun knowing you have your whole vacation ahead of you. I'd probably head back to the resort for dinner on this evening. It will allow you time to get settled and then you can just leisurely check out all the beautiful areas around the resort.:cloud9:

Thanks Jenny!! I am really looking forward to exploring the resort. There is plenty of space for DD to burn off energy too. :rotfl: I have time put aside for DTD on Wednesday too, so it is not like it would be our only time to go. :thumbsup2

It's so exciting to think that this time next month you'll be at Disney!! :woohoo

I think bringing an extra bag for the stuff you're worried about melting is a good idea- it's been so hot lately that it's better safe than sorry! :thumbsup2

As for your dinner plans, I'm tempted to say go back to the resort and relax. I know we'd need it after all that driving! HOWEVER if your going to miss out on doing something you may not have another chance to do then I'd consider squeezing it in. So, it depends. That's very helpful I know. :lmao:

It has been so hot here in Michigan this summer too. Though I have to say it has been good so DD will not be in such shock when we go to FL in September. :eek:

I'm so torn about the first evening, I honestly think I am going to have see how we are feeling than propose the best option. Swimming and down time may be good unless DD is wired and needs to burn energy off. :rolleyes1

Thanks for all you sticking around and reading my PTR!! I sure hope you will stick to the end with me. There is light at the end of the tunnel!! :rotfl:

Plans are looking good. And your trip is getting so much closer.

I would stop at a store BEFORE arriving at CSR. As well stocked as Panchitos is with items, they are not cheap like any other Disney store. Mark and I always stop for a case of water, six pack of pop (I have to have my caffine free diet pepsi--I don't drink coke), milke for Mark to take with his meds in the morning, some potato chips, etc., at the Hess Gas Station. It is so much cheaper than buying on property.

Is there a reason you can't go off property to buy things if you really need them? If not, then I would bring stuff from home and then if you need something, go buy it. I feel like you are going to be itching to get to disney, and stopping would be hard!

Loving your countdown so far! That looks like a dinosaur on the CSR pool slide. Is that what it is? I couldn't tell. :rotfl: I don't know much about that resort but it looks beautiful! Especially the pool area, wow. And I love the room decor!

You're getting so close!

I would stop before you go to your hotel. I know there is a Publix not too far from WDW property (close to Sea World) and there are some Walgreens as well. Don't stop at Goodings (by DTD)!!! It's WAY expensive.

Plans are looking good. And your trip is getting so much closer.

I would stop at a store BEFORE arriving at CSR. As well stocked as Panchitos is with items, they are not cheap like any other Disney store. Mark and I always stop for a case of water, six pack of pop (I have to have my caffine free diet pepsi--I don't drink coke), milke for Mark to take with his meds in the morning, some potato chips, etc., at the Hess Gas Station. It is so much cheaper than buying on property.

Thanks Kathy!! I think I will either pack the bulk of what we want to bring down (thinking cases of water and pop) or stop outside of Disney property. I rather not though. :rolleyes1

Is there a reason you can't go off property to buy things if you really need them? If not, then I would bring stuff from home and then if you need something, go buy it. I feel like you are going to be itching to get to disney, and stopping would be hard!

I know I am going to be let's keep going instead of shopping--being that close!! I am going to watch Labor Day sales and if the drinks go on then, I am going to pick them up then.

Loving your countdown so far! That looks like a dinosaur on the CSR pool slide. Is that what it is? I couldn't tell. :rotfl: I don't know much about that resort but it looks beautiful! Especially the pool area, wow. And I love the room decor!

You're getting so close!

I think it is tiki/totem type thing but I'm pretty sure it is not a dinosaur. :rotfl: I will check and let you know. ;)

I would stop before you go to your hotel. I know there is a Publix not too far from WDW property (close to Sea World) and there are some Walgreens as well. Don't stop at Goodings (by DTD)!!! It's WAY expensive.

Thanks Meghan! I think I read the Goodings is really expensive because of the convenience. I will debate...it will be really hard to stop I just want to be at Disney!!! :banana:

If it is just water and pop you'll be needing, the Hess Gas Station is pretty cheap and you'll pass one on the way in and it will only take you 5 minutes. :)

Hard to believe but we are down to 28 days!!! That means I have another item to share on my list of things I am looking forward to experience while at Disney. Today’s is very simple, but oh so refreshing:

28. ::MickeyMo Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and ::MinnieMo Minnie’s Strawberry Fruit Bar

Curious to know how Mickey Ice Cream Bars are made? Here is a video showing you how Unwrapped Walt Disney World. About 5 minutes in, it discusses how Mickey Ice Cream Bars are made.

Here are some pictures:

MickeyIceCreamBar.jpg
IceCreamsandwich.jpg
MinnieFruitbar.jpg

The red bar is not an actual Minnie Strawberry bar, can you believe I could not find a single picture of one? I will be sure to have one and take a picture of it. :thumbsup2 :laughing: The pictures are from Google Image search.

Something very simple, they just seem quintessential Disney treats! I have never had any of them!! :scared1: I will have to fix that problem this trip. ;) Though I have to say, I am not a big ice cream eater so I may just have to try a bite of someone's. Those strawberry bars look really good though!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter