1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Whew, you are a quick one with the updates! Always so much to catch up on!

The bows are SO cute! I love them.

The gift bags and the tinkerbell gifts are amazing. Can you be my mom? I could use someone to make me gift bags! :lmao:

Seriously, I do love your little "disclaimer" about the trip and all the extras. We are the same way, always simplifying and not getting sucked into the "more is better" mentality. And I love what it does to my kids...J.J. is constantly going through his toys and decidding which ones should go to "kids without toys", and it makes me so happy that he realizes that he does not need to have things he doesn't use or love, and that there are children who are not as lucky. Doesn't mean we don't spoil him every once and awhile, but there's something to be said for living simply.

I also love all your links! Thanks!

I like MSEP more than Spectro. For me its definitely a nostalgia thing since I saw MSEP at Disneyland as a child. Plus I love the music! I loved seeing it again this summer!

Great little goodie bags....each first trip needs to be that extra special...

no need to "explain" yourself....I have planned a trip in less than 3 months and then this one I have had a yr plus in between and have had more time and funds spreaded out to add the little extra's....

it is part of the fun...

and I can't wait to order my bows form Becky too...

Happy 9 days to go!

J~

I'm very excited about the MSEP! We saw Spectro twice last year, so it will be nice to see something new. Well, I saw MSEP when I was very little, but I don't remember it at all. The music sounds familiar though.

We've watched the nighttime parade from a number of different places. In front of the Emporium, by the Flagpole, from Liberty Square....lots of places. I want to say that the parade starts at Main Street, but I'm not sure. You can ask a CM and they'll know. I'm not always very patient, so sometimes I like to sit where the parade starts. However, Liberty Square was nice too!

I believe it does, I think it follows the same parade route from what I read last time. :thumbsup2 We are going to watch the MNSSHP parade from Liberty Square.

We found great spots to watch the parade back in Frontierland..right outside some of the shops near Country Bear Jamboree!! Noone could get in front of you either (with the way the rope was set up and all)...I think we got there 30 mins - 1 hour before parade started.

Hi Heather! I have thought about Frontierland. Thank you for the suggestion!! :goodvibes

I'm excited about the parade as well! For us it doesn't really matter if it's Spectro or MSEP because we haven't seen either on so we aren't nostalgic about it. I just think the kids are going to love it! We have 100 glow bracelets (that can be linked together to make necklaces too) so I know the kids will love that! pixiedust:

You'll love the night parades and fireworks!! :goodvibes The glow bracelets are a great idea. :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see MSEP! I love Spectro but I've never seen MSEP so I'm really looking forward it. I usually get a spot near the hub or Frontierland. Last trip I planned our CS dinners just before the parade at Peco's Bills and we snagged spots right around that area. It's less crowded and once the parades over, you can just cut through Frontierland and not deal with fighting your way through hundreds of people!

Thanks for the great advice!! :goodvibes

You'll love the night parades and fireworks!! :goodvibes The glow bracelets are a great idea. :thumbsup2

We also took glow bracelets w/us each day. When it got dark out, I'd pull them out and put them on the kids..they enjoyed them and......they are much cheaper than buying WDW glow necklaces or anything!

Whew, you are a quick one with the updates! Always so much to catch up on!

The bows are SO cute! I love them.

The gift bags and the tinkerbell gifts are amazing. Can you be my mom? I could use someone to make me gift bags! :lmao:

Seriously, I do love your little "disclaimer" about the trip and all the extras. We are the same way, always simplifying and not getting sucked into the "more is better" mentality. And I love what it does to my kids...J.J. is constantly going through his toys and decidding which ones should go to "kids without toys", and it makes me so happy that he realizes that he does not need to have things he doesn't use or love, and that there are children who are not as lucky. Doesn't mean we don't spoil him every once and awhile, but there's something to be said for living simply.

I also love all your links! Thanks!

I apologize--I know I am updating quickly, I am trying to keep up with the countdown. :rolleyes1

Thanks! The bows and bags are great--I think Lilian will be tickled about them.

We are the same--Lilian is good about weeding out toys too. I think it is really hard to stick to it with so many other outside influences, especially now that Lilian recognizes toys on commercials on shows she watches with her grandmother. :headache: It is important to DH and I though, so she is learning though it can be tough sometimes.

Great little goodie bags....each first trip needs to be that extra special...

no need to "explain" yourself....I have planned a trip in less than 3 months and then this one I have had a yr plus in between and have had more time and funds spreaded out to add the little extra's....

it is part of the fun...

and I can't wait to order my bows form Becky too...

Happy 9 days to go!

J~

Thanks Julie! Becky's bows are the best. :goodvibes

We also took glow bracelets w/us each day. When it got dark out, I'd pull them out and put them on the kids..they enjoyed them and......they are much cheaper than buying WDW glow necklaces or anything!

Definitely cheaper. I have a set that I am planning on bringing down. Hope and your messages reminded me to pull them out of the cabinet this weekend when we pack. I had gotten for 4th of July last year and we never used them. :rotfl:

You've done an amazing job planning this trip! :worship:
I bought the kids lots of little presents before (and even during the trip). They had several wrapped presents in their carry-on bags just for the travel time. And they received little things during the week we were there. I didn't plan it as well as you have but it was definitely fun!!!!
You do NOT need to apologize for the fabulous planning you've done! You've put an amazing amount of thought, time, and creative energy into creating a wonderful experience. Be proud!!!

Amanda

Please realize that I posted the bags to share my fun with you. We have been planning this trip now since December 2007/January 2008. The initial conversations DH and I had were on a long drive to and from North Carolina!! :laughing: See what long drives do to us—they make us plan all kinds of crazy things. :thumbsup2

We are very blessed to have had this longer time span to plan and pick up goodies here and there. It has helped to spread the cost of things out this long period. I set down and made a massive budget to include everything little thing (treat bags, tips, etc) to the big things (lodging, gas, etc) and we have stuck to it. We have saved were we have been able to do so to help compensate a miscalculation. This style of a trip is a once in a lifetime trip for us!! Our next trips will be much simpler and on a much smaller scale. Lilian won’t be getting the treat bags (well, maybe one small one ;)) like she is for this trip. Without a doubt she is going to get very spoiled on this trip. Even if DH and I do not (which we do not plan on it—our big thing for her is the BBB appointment), with 5 grandparents, 1 aunt and 2 uncles coming, she is bound to get treated here and there. DH and I have strict budgets for holiday and birthday times and refuse to fall into the trap of more and more, keeping up with the Jones' or whatever you want to call it so this is without a doubt, the most extravagant thing we have ever done.

Why am I posting this? Because I want you to be aware of the reality of our situation too and so you know where I am coming from a bit more as I have been putting together this trip. :upsidedow

Steph, we did the same thing. We planned over a few years so the kids saved up the dollars family would give them, and we saved here and there too. I think it was one of the most memorable trips we ever had and every penny we spent was well worth it. I dont think you have to explain yourself at all. It is totally understandable. and its your money to spend not ours.:lmao:

Let’s face it; one of the best things about Disney is the FOOD! :rotfl2: Seriously, the food at Disney is by far superior than any other theme park food I have had in the past. :goodvibes With free dining, I wonder if the food will taste that much better. ;)

What’s this have to do with my countdown? Well, the next item on it is…

6. New Restaurants/ADRs!!

disney-dining.jpg

We were fortunate on our first trip to eat at some pretty spectacular places when we went on our first trip. While we enjoyed them, DH and I love trying new places. :banana: So, when planning this trip, we really looked at our choices and I think we came up with some good ones. The restaurants we are trying for the first time this trip are: Cape May Café, Akershus, Via Napoli, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare and Plaza. The only table service establishment we are repeating is Rose and Crown.

What are your favorite places to eat? Have any experiences with my list above? What do you like at these places?
:goodvibes

Something Fun: Dad’s Dining Plan Spreadsheets, from Dad’s Guide to WDW: the prices are outdated, but that would be an easy fix if you are interested in using it. :thumbsup2

Here is another fun video for your viewing pleasure, Mom and Daughters sing and dance to Walking on Sunshine

You've done an amazing job planning this trip! :worship:
I bought the kids lots of little presents before (and even during the trip). They had several wrapped presents in their carry-on bags just for the travel time. And they received little things during the week we were there. I didn't plan it as well as you have but it was definitely fun!!!!
You do NOT need to apologize for the fabulous planning you've done! You've put an amazing amount of thought, time, and creative energy into creating a wonderful experience. Be proud!!!

Amanda

Thank you Amanda!! I hope to catch up on your TR tonight!! I hope your trip was absolutely amazing!! :goodvibes

Let’s face it; one of the best things about Disney is the FOOD! :rotfl2: Seriously, the food at Disney is by far superior than any other theme park food I have had in the past. :goodvibes With free dining, I wonder if the food will taste that much better. ;)

What’s this have to do with my countdown? Well, the next item on it is…

6. New Restaurants/ADRs!!

disney-dining.jpg

We were fortunate on our first trip to eat at some pretty spectacular places when we went on our first trip. While we enjoyed them, DH and I love trying new places. :banana: So, when planning this trip, we really looked at our choices and I think we came up with some good ones. The restaurants we are trying for the first time this trip are: Cape May Café, Akershus, Via Napoli, Tusker House, Plaza, 1900 Park Fare and Plaza. The only table service establishment we are repeating is Rose and Crown.

What are your favorite places to eat? Have any experiences with my list above? What do you like at these places?
:goodvibes

Something Fun: Dad’s Dining Plan Spreadsheets, from Dad’s Guide to WDW: the prices are outdated, but that would be an easy fix if you are interested in using it. :thumbsup2

Here is another fun video for your viewing pleasure, Mom and Daughters sing and dance to Walking on Sunshine

You've got a great variety there. I can't remember--are you doing Cape May for breakfast or dinner? And are you really doing Plaza twice?

Steph, we did the same thing. We planned over a few years so the kids saved up the dollars family would give them, and we saved here and there too. I think it was one of the most memorable trips we ever had and every penny we spent was well worth it. I dont think you have to explain yourself at all. It is totally understandable. and its your money to spend not ours.:lmao:

Thank you Lindsay! I just wanted to be honest with you all--this trip is far and beyond any other vacation we have ever planned. It is actually our first true family vacation with Lilian, if you discount our camping trip last summer. Not only is this Lilian's first trip to Disney but it is actually her first trip to an amusement park. :upsidedow

You've got a great variety there. I can't remember--are you doing Cape May for breakfast or dinner? And are you really doing Plaza twice?

Oops! Nope, we are only doing Plaza once--I will go edit it to reflect that. We are doing Cape May for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter