1 Child and 10 Adults--A GG to Celebrate DD's 4th Bday :) TR Link is Posted

Hooray for September!!!:yay::woohoo::dance3::cool1::banana: I can't believe our trips are THIS MONTH! So exciting.

My DH and DD say that Epcot is their favorite parks. It's a tie for me between MK and Epcot. I think our favorite country is Germany because that's where we've spent a lot of time. My DH always has to get a glass of Beck's beer and we always share a delicious pretzel. My DH and I are both 1/2 German so maybe that's why we like it there so much. Plus, the buildings are just so cute! I'm also 1/2 Italian and my DH is 1/4 Sicilian and we think it's neat that Germany and Italy are next to each other at Epcot.

My favorite part of FW is definately The Land. We adore Soarin', Sunshine Seasons and Living with the Land. It's a great place to be!

Yay for single digits!! :banana::banana:

Love, love your mousekeeping envelopes - too cute!

Your plans sound wonderful and I hope you have a great trip.

BTMRR was open during MNSSHP in 2008 when we were there as we rode it.

Thank you for celebrating with me Anne Marie!! Thank you for all the great feedback. :thumbsup2

Hi Stephanie!

We loved Epcot too! I'm so excited I can finally particiate in one of your questions since we've finally been there now!!! :rotfl:

Our favorite pavillion was Germany. My DH was really looking forward to Germany, he was stationed in Germany for a few years (many years ago) and had wanted to spend some time in that country. So when we got there he got a beer and a brat, and we spent probably about an hour just hanging out and talking about different stuff, kids snacked on a big pretzel and it was really nice. Most of the other countries we kind of breezed through, but we stayed in Germany a while, the kids lived the miniature village and train there and they spent about 20 minutes watching that - we had to drag them away. They wanted to go back to see it again the next day so we did.

Karen

I'm so glad you liked Epcot Karen!! I do not think we saw the miniature village and train, so we will be on the lookout for it in Germany. :goodvibes Thanks for sharing the great memories!

I love Epcot -- it is very close to tied for first with the MK. We LOVE Soarin' and Mark really likes the Nemo ride (I think it is more the birds out in front that say "Mine Mine Mine").

I think our favorite country is probably Germany because we both have German in us and we love the food, the beer and the shops there.

Epcot is great!! (Perhaps another park makes my countdown...) :rolleyes1

I'm part German too. :goodvibes

I love Epcot too! I know people sometimes say it isn't as good for kids as the MK, but my kids love spending time at Epcot. There is so much to do here that doesn't involve standing in lines for rides that it makes it fun for kids! Make sure to hit the Character Connection. Best place to meet all of the Fab 5 in one swoop.

My sister does not believe Epcot is good for kids either. :confused3 She did not agree with me when I said we were going. :rolleyes: My Dad is really looking forward to seeing Epcot since his one other trip to Disney was with my sister's family. It was one of his requests. :goodvibes

Definitely will have to plan on hitting the Character Connection. Where is it at? We may do it first thing before heading over to Soarin'. :thumbsup2

Oh, I can't wait for Epcot! I love, love, love Germany- my BIL lives there so we've on several trips. I can't wait to be reminded of this place I love. I've scheduled an hour for each country on our upcoming trip because I know I'm going to need it! :goodvibes

You will be in a photographer's heaven!! Good plan to estimate an hour. I think when I was trying to figure out how much we would be able to do, I planned an hour or so in each one. It may not be that long in all of them, but several could run over. I personally LOVE :love: Great Britain!! :goodvibes

The Character Connection is located by Innoventions. It's not actually in the Innoventions building. You will see it as you walk towards The Land!

Just watched that youtube video...amazing! I watched the one for MK and Disney Cruise Lines too!

Hooray for September!!!:yay::woohoo::dance3::cool1::banana: I can't believe our trips are THIS MONTH! So exciting.

My DH and DD say that Epcot is their favorite parks. It's a tie for me between MK and Epcot. I think our favorite country is Germany because that's where we've spent a lot of time. My DH always has to get a glass of Beck's beer and we always share a delicious pretzel. My DH and I are both 1/2 German so maybe that's why we like it there so much. Plus, the buildings are just so cute! I'm also 1/2 Italian and my DH is 1/4 Sicilian and we think it's neat that Germany and Italy are next to each other at Epcot.

My favorite part of FW is definately The Land. We adore Soarin', Sunshine Seasons and Living with the Land. It's a great place to be!

:woohoo: you are going to Disney this month!!!!! :woohoo:

We love the Land too!! Next to WS, it is our favorite. You will have to check back to see if another park makes it onto my countdown. ;) I am part German but my British/Irish side calls to me which is why I probably am so drawn to Germany and LOVE :love: Irish music. :goodvibes A dream of DH and I's is to go to Great Britain.

The Character Connection is located by Innoventions. It's not actually in the Innoventions building. You will see it as you walk towards The Land!

Just watched that youtube video...amazing! I watched the one for MK and Disney Cruise Lines too!

Thank you!! I'm sure we will see it now that I know the general direction for it. :thumbsup2

I enjoyed the video too!! :goodvibes

As you know, we are driving to Disney. It is going to be a long drive, broken up over two full days and a few short hours (that will probably feel like an eternity) on the Saturday we check in at Disney. :faint: I honestly think it will be fine—Lilian travels well or we would not have even considered it. Plus my dad does not like flying; he would be crazy enough to try to drive it himself. :headache: :sad2: I’m not okay with that, so we are driving together!! :thumbsup2

I have been picking things up over the last 20 months or so for treats in the car. I decided awhile back that they way we would do it is to give her a bag of goodies for each state. This past weekend I pulled everything out, laid it all out and figured out what was going in each bag. Each bag (there is a total of six—one for every state we will be in on our way down to Disney) has either a Princess Darling (miniature Princess doll) or a magnetic doll set, something coloring related, a ring pop and a DVD. There are a few other treats sprinkled here and there too (for instance, a Disney outfit for Strawberry Bear).

Here are two of the bags (first and last actually):

IMG_5389.jpg
IMG_5398.jpg

They are actually the first bag she will get and the last one she will get when we get to Florida. :thumbsup2

In addition to these bags, I have a bag for her when we get to Disney, filled with things to use while we are at Disney.

IMG_5400.jpg

It has an Ariel hat, temporary tattoos, Marie clipboard, mini coloring pages, lanyard, princess silly bands and a Minnie kookie pen (she loves them for some reason).

The other thing pictured, in the bottom right corner is a artist roll. Here is a close up of it:

IMG_5404.jpg

I really love it. I was going to make her one myself, but I just really liked this one. It has spots for crayons and a pad of paper. The black is actually a chalkboard area! I just thought it was neat.

The last thing to be included in the bag since she has not seen them is the Princesses, Minnie and Tinker Bell bows I ordered from Becky. We also ordered a green bow to match her tea dress, football bow (since we love college football in this house) and a dance bow. Lilian also gave her BBF (Emily, wlwilliams9’s daughter) some princess bows and the dance bow. :goodvibes Here they are:

IMG_5385.jpg

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

We are also are going to do “Tinker Bell gifts” for Lilian each morning, as a way to add another magical element to the trip. :goodvibes Here they are:

IMG_5413.jpg
IMG_5414.jpg

Tinker Bell will leave two figurines each night and then the Tinker Bell silly bands, will be left another night.

**Apologies for the large photos--I sized them down but photobucket must be acting up again.**

Lilian is going to be so excited to be getting all of these wonderful gifts everyday! Just be careful, she'll probably expect them on the way home and everyday after!!:rotfl: Last year, on Emily's 1st day of preschool, we bought her a Rosetta Barbie sized doll as a 1st day of school gift and EVERYDAY when I picked her up, she asked if I bought her anything while she was at school! :rolleyes:

I have been picking up a few things for the girls at the dollar spot for our trip too! I'm thinking of doing the Tinkerbell presents every night too!

Where did you find those Princess Darlings? I haven't seen them before! Not that we need anymore princess stuff!!:laughing:

What are we going to do without you guys for nearly 2 weeks! Maybe I'll have time to really clean the house and get the laundry caught up!!:laundy:

Hey there! Just checking in, its been a while. I love the idea of the bags for each state. One nice thing about driving is that you can bring so much more stuff! The bows are adorable - Becky does a great job:thumbsup2

I realized on our last trip that I love epcot too:lovestruc I was disappointed we didnt plan more time there. The kids loved the countries. My favorite country is mexico.....something about those sombreros that get me excited. :lmao: I am looking forward to spending a full day at epcot without children during the princess wkend to really just take in what the countries have to offer.

I love all the treat bag ideas. Wow thats what planning 20mths out will get ya huh. That lillian is one lucky girl. You guys are going to have such an incredible time.

Great job on the gifts! Lilian is going to love getting a gift everyday.
I LOVE the bows, especially the Tinkerbell & Minnie one! I wish Lexi was young enough to wear bows like that still.
I miss the bow age:guilty:

Lilian is going to love all her little goodies and it will make the drive seem to go faster -- at least for her.

Great goodie bags Stephanie! You are so close now!! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to hear about it. Lilian is going to have such a wonderful time. It makes me teary thinking about it. You are going to have so much fun!!

P.S. We love EPCOT as well! Innoventions is fun, the WS is fun, the girls LOVE the Land and the Seas. :goodvibes

Lilian is going to be so excited to be getting all of these wonderful gifts everyday! Just be careful, she'll probably expect them on the way home and everyday after!!:rotfl: Last year, on Emily's 1st day of preschool, we bought her a Rosetta Barbie sized doll as a 1st day of school gift and EVERYDAY when I picked her up, she asked if I bought her anything while she was at school! :rolleyes:

I have been picking up a few things for the girls at the dollar spot for our trip too! I'm thinking of doing the Tinkerbell presents every night too!

Where did you find those Princess Darlings? I haven't seen them before! Not that we need anymore princess stuff!!:laughing:

What are we going to do without you guys for nearly 2 weeks! Maybe I'll have time to really clean the house and get the laundry caught up!!:laundy:

Hey Wendy! I think Lilian will realize this is a special case. She is doing much better about not asking for stuff. She knows that she has to wait for her birthday trip (and her little party this weekend). We have been working on her creating a list of gift ideas for birthday and holidays. :goodvibes

We normally give her small things on big drives--the way there, not the way back. I think she will be so happy with the haul she is going to get while down there (5 grandparents, 1 aunt and 2 uncles :rolleyes1) that she will have plenty of things to play with on the drive back.

We fell in the habit of letting her pick out something small each time we went to the store---bad idea!! :scared1: We have worked that out so she knows that is a special occasion only.

I have read a lot about the Tinker Bell gifts. A lot of parents use it as a trick for curbing kids wanting something all the time. There hands are full with something new and special. Lilian loves having little things like the figurines with her, so hopefully they will distract her. My sister sent her a gift card today for our trip, so I will let her pick up something(s) with it. :yay:

The Darlings were on the Disney Store's website awhile back. We have had them for quite awhile now though so they probably do not carry them anymore. I think I got them two summers ago, since I have had all this time to get things on sale. ;)

It will be good for the girls to have a break! Hopefully they will appreciate each other more. We will miss you guys though!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter