• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

1/24/2013 4 - Night Bahamian Cruise, Miami FL

We live in a town called Chester-le-street, it's midway between the cities of Newcastle upon Tyne and Durham.

We met a lovely couple from London, Ontario on our first Disney cruise and have kept in touch via email, postcards etc.

We stayed in Toronto many years ago and loved it, we have also visited gorgeous Vancouver, and I have skied the wonderful Banff area.

Disney cruises are fantastic. Please let me know if you have any questions we might be able to answer for you.

Regards.[/

Thats nice that you have kept in touch! I am familiar with London as I live pretty close. Thats wonderful that you have been able to visit all these places! :)

Do you have any suggestions for must sees in Miami?

PS

Ever do the Atlantis excursion anyone? I am looking at it and very expensive......wondering if it is worth it! I am wondering about the water park versus the beach package......my daughter is only 10 and the waterpark slides seem quite scarey so wondering if I should go for the beach and save some money! The underwater marine museum seems pretty awesome but still not sure if I want to spend that much money for a day excursion!

When we are in Miami we just do the beach, shops and chill! The only museum we have visited is the Jewish museum which was fascinating.

Never bothered with Atlantis either. It seems over priced and contrived to me, but we have never had to consider the needs of a ten year old in Nassau. Sorry cant help on those things.

Last year in Feb. we took our first cruise.We really liked it.My husband liked it too but wasin't crazy about being out on the sea?!!so I naturally thought well we probably wont take a cruise again.Imagine my surprise when 2 wks later he said book a cruise in Feb. I really loved it and want to take another.We've been talking about it and I FINALLY booked:cool1: It will be me and DH DS(14)and DS(6).We took 3 night Dream last time.Excited about 4 nights,different ship,Miami,KeyWest,and being on cruise again.Let the countdown begin!:rotfl:

This is my second..no expert,but reading different threads helped alot as to what to expect.Just dont get too overwhelmed every family is different.The Dream was soo big.I know there may be some things I miss about it?but am looking forward to trying a different ship.I guess the best advice I read was you just can't do it All,so have fun.

When you took your last cruise in Feb. how was the ocean water tempature? I'm afraid it's going to seem pretty cold.

Yes it was cold.The boys and I made it halfway to the Pelican Plunge and we all decided it was just too cold.Other people were out in it?!I'm sure we will give it a try again.It was a bummer because of course you want to swim in WARM ocean water,but honestly just being on the cruise and everything else,it wasin't a big deal to us.It was the first time my kids have even SEEN the ocean let alone been out cruising on it:cool1:

It seems like there aren't many going on this cruise at all! I hope they don't cancel it! Has Disney ever cancelled a cruise before??

It seems like there aren't many going on this cruise at all! I hope they don't cancel it! Has Disney ever cancelled a cruise before??

I was told they wouldn't as have staff scheduled etc..which makes sense I guess. I got my airfare seperately and no refunds but I think we shld be ok....if you check cruisefish.com you can see availability, I haven't checked in awhile.

hi! I might be joining you...they just opened kids sail free on this cruise and I'm dying to be on it!

hi! I might be joining you...they just opened kids sail free on this cruise and I'm dying to be on it!

Hi! Welcome and hope you end up booking the cruise!:) The kids sail free is a great deal! I am sure the rooms will start filling up now that they are offering that!

I am wondering if we will all end up being bumped into to better rooms? :yay: My only problem might be that we are doing 2 cruises back to back so they booked same room for us......that might cause us to not bump up.....thinking maybe I should call them and find out....

I have a question for anyone that can help! This is my daughters Xmas gift and I planned to have a beautiful sleeping beauty dress out under the tree on Xmas morning with a letter going on Disney cruise...etc...my problem being that she is a size 12 and Disney store only carries up to.size 10. I found an online store that had beautiful ones in size 12. I ordered mid November and it finally came 2 nights ago and they sent the wrong one!! Their phone lines are not working ...panic!!!...and I emailed them 2 nights ago and no response yet!! Does anyone else know if they sell the dresses on the cruise and if they have size 12? Or where I can get one ASAP? She will be devastated if she won't have a princess dress to wear for the cruise. I still hoping that company in Vermont will ship us the right one but with disconnected phone lines I am thinking they may be out of business and not sure if they will be able to get proper one to us, across the border, in time for Xmas! Any suggestions of where I can get one wld be much appreciated!!!

Well I'm finally able to get over fear of them canceling our cruise and have booked our flights,now just hope for good traveling weather with no snowstorms...We are flying into Miami on Wed. at noon.Have not booked a hotel yet,but not too concerned because there are soooo many.Samanthas Mom I hope your having luck in finding a dress.Please let us know if you do.I'm thinking you will:thumbsup2

Yes, me too....think we will be ok re no cancellations. I am hoping no snowstorms too! Fingers crossed!

I was told this morning they shipped the correct dress.....not sure if will get here for Xmas but if doesn't I am going to lay out the wrong one they sent....got to have a princess dress so can drape over her new luggage with a note from Santa that mom got her a Disney Cruise for xmas....cant wait to see her reaction....I love cruising and have been talking about possibly going on one with her for years....so excited!

Oh I bet the dress is beutiful,and at least you'll have one to surprise her with!Tonight we had salmon for supper and I wanted so bad to say "Can't wait for all the good seafood on the cruise".Afterwards when I told my husband that,he said he was thinking the same thing.I'll be glad when the surprise is out and I can be on this website and not have to hide it:banana:

Hi everyone. My family sailed twice in 2012 on the Disney Dream, but this will be our first sailiing on the Wonder. If this is your first DCL cruise, boy are you in for a treat. Our family (me, my wife, 10 year old boy and 7 year old girl) is hooked on Disney cruises, and as long as we're able to do so I'm sure there will be many more DCL cruises in our future! I want to respond to some posters who wondered if this ship will be empty. Based on this the cruisenet website that tracks categories filling up on ships across all cruise lines, this ship will not be empty.

Having said that, it's not clear whether this ship will be full or near full. 75% of the categories are sell outs for our 1/24 cruise, but what we don't know from this data is what total percentage of CABINS are sold out. It could be that some categories, like inside staterooms, are only 1/2 sold at this point. Hard to say, but I think the safe bet is that the ship will not be completely full but will certainly not be or feel empty either.

For posters wondering about the weather, we took a Bahamas cruise on the Dream at the same time last winter. The weather was georgeous by my standards (high 70s for highs, low 60s for lows); low humidity; and occasional clouds but otherwse sunny weather. No rain! The water was downright chilly if not cold at Castaway Cay. There is simply no sugar coating this. You have to know up front that going on a Jan or Feb cruise to the Bahamas - the water will not be warm. The Bahamas is in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of FL, so the water temps are identical to what you'd experience on the Atlantic or eastern side of FL this time of year (rather cold). The pools on the ship are usually heated, and when they are our kids did fine with the pools. If the pools are not heated, and at some times of the day they were not, watch out!!! They are bone-chilling cold pools unless they are heated.

If any one has been on the Wonder and the Dream, I'd love to hear from you on how you'd compare the two ships. Our kids loved the Mystery Detective game on the Dream, and that technology is not on the Wonder. However, based on what I'm seeing other than the Aqua Duck and Mystery Detective game, it seems like the 2 ships have many things in common when it comes to entertainment, dining, cabins, pools, etc. But let me know!

Hi everyone. My family sailed twice in 2012 on the Disney Dream, but this will be our first sailiing on the Wonder. If this is your first DCL cruise, boy are you in for a treat. Our family (me, my wife, 10 year old boy and 7 year old girl) is hooked on Disney cruises, and as long as we're able to do so I'm sure there will be many more DCL cruises in our future! I want to respond to some posters who wondered if this ship will be empty. Based on this the cruisenet website that tracks categories filling up on ships across all cruise lines, this ship will not be empty.

Having said that, it's not clear whether this ship will be full or near full. 75% of the categories are sell outs for our 1/24 cruise, but what we don't know from this data is what total percentage of CABINS are sold out. It could be that some categories, like inside staterooms, are only 1/2 sold at this point. Hard to say, but I think the safe bet is that the ship will not be completely full but will certainly not be or feel empty either.

For posters wondering about the weather, we took a Bahamas cruise on the Dream at the same time last winter. The weather was georgeous by my standards (high 70s for highs, low 60s for lows); low humidity; and occasional clouds but otherwse sunny weather. No rain! The water was downright chilly if not cold at Castaway Cay. There is simply no sugar coating this. You have to know up front that going on a Jan or Feb cruise to the Bahamas - the water will not be warm. The Bahamas is in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of FL, so the water temps are identical to what you'd experience on the Atlantic or eastern side of FL this time of year (rather cold). The pools on the ship are usually heated, and when they are our kids did fine with the pools. If the pools are not heated, and at some times of the day they were not, watch out!!! They are bone-chilling cold pools unless they are heated.

If any one has been on the Wonder and the Dream, I'd love to hear from you on how you'd compare the two ships. Our kids loved the Mystery Detective game on the Dream, and that technology is not on the Wonder. However, based on what I'm seeing other than the Aqua Duck and Mystery Detective game, it seems like the 2 ships have many things in common when it comes to entertainment, dining, cabins, pools, etc. But let me know!
Hi and welcome! Thanks for sharing all that info!

It's funny because all my cruises have been in January or February and I never noticed the waters being cold! I am from Canada so maybe it's because I am used to swimming in our lakes here...lol...hopefully it won't be impossible to swim in water at Castaway Cay as was planning to do the beach thing there!

I was a bit disappointed when realized that no aqua duck or tea with princesses on this trip but I guess its just a good reason to book another trip sometime on the Dream! :-)

Oh I bet the dress is beutiful,and at least you'll have one to surprise her with!Tonight we had salmon for supper and I wanted so bad to say "Can't wait for all the good seafood on the cruise".Afterwards when I told my husband that,he said he was thinking the same thing.I'll be glad when the surprise is out and I can be on this website and not have to hide it:banana:

Lol....it is hard and I am finding that as time goes on I have said a few things but catching myself and stopping and luckily she hasnt clued in!

Did you sign up for the character phone call? I did for christmas morning.....after she opens gifts and knows.

So glad to have found you guys. When I booked there was no cruise link yet and havnt looked in a while. I've been worried about how many categories are still available but you've set my mind at ease. It will be my mom and I going. We went on our first cruise ever on the Dream last March and have become addicted. I have the Fantasy booked for March but when I saw a great deal on this one I figured why wait until March for the next cruise. Everything was so amazing and I'm the the Wonder will be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter