1/24/16--Southern Carib will be WONDERful!

ilovebassets

Animal Kingdom fanatic!
Hi everyone! We booked this cruise back in November, and I've been waiting for someone to start a thread for this cruise, and since no one has, I'm finally biting the bullet and starting it! This will be our third Disney cruise. We sailed for 8 nights out of Galveston in March 2013 and just did a 7 night Eastern Caribbean trip on the Fantasy in November 2014. Obviously we're big Disney fans (well, I am, and DH goes along with it because he's happy to have someone else plan all our trips) as you can tell by my signature. This will also be our 9th cruise overall (2 on DCL, 2 on NCL, 2 on Celebrity, 1 on HAL, and 1 on Carnival).

Our boys will be 5 and 3 by the time we sail. When I saw this itinerary, I just had to jump on it. We have done one other southern Caribbean cruise, and the ports just blew the eastern and western ones out of the water. We have been to Barbados and Grenada once each, but not to the other three. Looking forward to speaking French and using some euros in Martinique! Obviously there's the added expense of getting to San Juan, but I feel like San Juan in itself is so wonderful to visit, that I'm happy to do it.

So, please join in and introduce yourselves! .

Hi~

I am excited to see someone started a cruise meet for our cruise. Sailing on this cruise will be my hubby, Quincy, our son, Johnthan (20), and me, Lisa. Also joining us will be my uncle, my parents, and my brother and his GF. This will be my first time cruising as a Gold Member :cool1::cool1: and our first time sailing since our wedding cruise in 2011. I cannot wait to be back on a DCL ship, since we have had two trips fall through since 2011 :( Since we have already done the eastern (twice), the western, and the Bahamas (twice) I was super excited when the Southern Caribbean became available and couldn't pass it up. My DH is not a big fan of the longer cruises, he prefers the 4-days, but me and my DS love them...the longer the better. Happy wife, Happy life - lol!

I look forward to meeting everyone!

Lisa

Ooooh! Gold member! That's exciting. Welcome aboard!

I notice you'll be traveling from Milwaukee. Given how I feel in Atlanta in January, I can only imagine how you'll be feeling in Milwaukee in January! Cold weather is not my thing at all. I went to University of Florida for undergrad, so whatever minimal cold tolerance I had as a teenager disappeared entirely during my college years. The southern caribbean in late January is going to feel amazing!

So excited! We also booked this cruise in November. This will be our 4th Disney cruise - 1st time on the Wonder. And yes, Southern Caribbean in late January will be most welcome! A little nervous about getting home in time for the Super Bowl, but whatever. Lol! Look forward to sharing plans with the rest of you!

Welcome aboard! Tomorrow will be one year exactly until our cruise! Still a while away, but getting closer every day!

Hi everyone. Just got off fantasy yesterday from eastern carribean and we rebooked this. Will be cruise number six. We are gold now!!!

Hello All - I booked this cruise back in late 2014...so glad we are under 1 year out. I setting up a Fish Extender for this cruise, if you are interested. (Edited) I love using Disboards and I hate to say this but it seems a few ruined it for everyone. I prefer to use a spreadsheet to manage the groups, I.e google docs but that is not allowed. I am not sure how to proceed. I don't want to copy down all the info from a PM or post. Any suggestions?

I plan to set up groups of 10 for each FE group, since many will be flying in.

Kim

Last edited:
Thank you for setting up FE's. As it is just DH and me, we won't be participating, but sounds like fun and will probably participate if we ever cruise with our DGD. She's only 6 mos old now, but time to start thinking about this stuff!

We won't be doing FE this time as I just find it too much to fly with all the stuff (we usually drive to the embarkation port, obviously not this time). But glad someone has taken that on.

Has anyone started shopping airfare yet? The tickets I want to get are $557 per person putting our family total at $2200!!! eek! I knew airfare would add bunch to the cruise and wE got such a good fare that I was willing to pay for the flights, but it just seems so much! I wonder when the best time to take the plunge will be.

Booked 2 days ago! Third Disney cruise with my family of 12. Parents, Brothers family of 5 and my family of 5. We will have 3 HS seniors, 1 freshman, 11y/o and 4 y/o. I'm from Milwaukee as well and we had a family meeting to do a camping trip this summer. Two hrs later we had this whole thing booked including air. Kinda just happened. lol

Booked 2 days ago! Third Disney cruise with my family of 12. Parents, Brothers family of 5 and my family of 5. We will have 3 HS seniors, 1 freshman, 11y/o and 4 y/o. I'm from Milwaukee as well and we had a family meeting to do a camping trip this summer. Two hrs later we had this whole thing booked including air. Kinda just happened. lol

That's a big travel party! Wow! This will be our third Disney cruise as well.

Welcome aboard!

We are from Milwaukee too! May I asked what airline you booked with? Are you flying out of MKE or Chicago? How much? I'm trying to wait for Southwest to come out with their fares, but I'm getting antsy.

There is a total of 8 of us this time around. I love cruising with my extended family. We have sooo much fun!

We are from Milwaukee too! May I asked what airline you booked with? Are you flying out of MKE or Chicago? How much? I'm trying to wait for Southwest to come out with their fares, but I'm getting antsy.

There is a total of 8 of us this time around. I love cruising with my extended family. We have sooo much fun!

I believe we are taking United out of Milwaukee. We are leaving on the 22nd. The cost for the four of us with all fees is around $3200. Hope this helps. We went directly through Disney.

My TA says the ship won't be leaving until around 9 pm. Anyone know if that means PAT's will still start around 11 am. If we're enjoying ourselves in San Juan, can we wait until, say, 7 pm to board?

Last edited:
Excited to be doing Southern, as we have done Eastern and Western. Getting together with other cruisers has become so complicated - they are here, there and everywhere. I hope we all can get together and have a wonderful cruise!

We just booked this cruise last night. My husband and I will be travelling together. It's our 2nd cruise, and first with Disney. We were excited to get a great deal on airfare with United - $736 round trip for the two of us out of Toronto.

We'd love to join a FE group, it sounds like fun!

I have an FE list going with. Google docs form, but it seems like that is not allowed. So in the interest of helping out I will post the areas to fill out and if you are interested in joining, I will add you to the first open group. We current have two groups of 10 cabins each. If you would like to be on multiple lists, please let me know. Below are the items we need:

Stateroom Number
Family Last Name
Where are you from?
First Names
Special Occasions?
Favorite Characters
Characters you dislike?
Allergies?
Ages (kids to help with gift ideas)
Gender (all)
Other Notes
Alcohol ok?

Once I have responses I will post the groups for all to see. Please reply directly to this post to participate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter