1/14/07 Wonder Anyone?

Laura... I just realized you're in Charleston. We're right down the road from you in Beaufort! :wave2:

Oh, wow, Beaufort...not far at all. Actually, we are in Summerville, but since no one much from anywhere else would know where that is so I just put Charleston. Your drive to Port Canaveral won't be bad at all.

Honestly, I think the water is cold, but then I don't get in the ocean here until late June or July. I like it like bathwater. My kids didn't find the pools too cold and played in them a lot. They both swam at CC too, and I thought that was freezing. If you have wet suit shirts I am sure they would help...and you might since you are on the coast too. It was sunny and the air was comfortable. The air temperature is quite pleasant.

It was in the 30's when we got to Port C last year, but it warmed up as we got to the Bahamas.

Laura

Bella8286,
Hi Rebekkah. We are going on our first-ever cruise also, and we will be your neighbors in SPH room 5020!! :cool1: It's just me and my DH. We are mature adults and, in fact, this cruise is my retirement gift to myself. I retire in February after 39 years of federal civil service. I work at the Navy base in Pensacola, Florida. We are really excited about our cruise and I've been perusing the PassPorter Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and reading all the info I can find on various boards and forums. I hope to try parasailing and the stingray encounter. DH is not sure yet what he's going to sign up for. We are also celebrating our anniversary with this cruise.
I just got my passport in the mail today, so I will go to the Disney cruise web site and enter the info. Can't wait til the end of October so we can sign up for our shore excursions. Then it will all seem "real." There is so much good information on these boards that I will be checking back frequently to see what's been posted.
Looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the gang who are chatting on this thread.

Bev 'n' Steve :cheer2:

Hi Bev - This thread is pretty dead :faint: but I'm glad you posted. We will be neighbors... how cool is that? We are going for our passports this week as DH already has his. I can't wait to make ressies either... especially hoping to get one for Palo. Will you and your dh be dressing up for pirate night? I think I've got mine talked into it! I also bought dd a princess dress for her to wear on the "dressy" night for dinner (since we don't get a formal night) She will be so excited! We're still leaning towards the dolphin enounter in the Bahamas. I'd love to do parasailing with DD but don't think she'll be old enough at the time. Welcome to the thread... maybe we can get some more people posting!

Ok

We are also here!

Just returning from the 11 night!
Staff of the Wonder - Did an Excellent Job!

Cant wait to go back and See Dry Dock changes!

Did you know they are adding a Splash area under the Mickey hand with Squirtty thinges... and a Water Fall in the adult pool area!

ok lets get this party started!

Peter & Jenn and the 4 kids & the inlaws :rolleyes: :teeth:

Well hello Hygiene99! So wow, you just returned from an 11 night and will be joining us on the 4 night in January? Can I be in your family too? :bounce: j/k You should be able to tell us ALL about many things... being that this is my first cruise I'm "clueless" besides the great tips and advice I read on here! Welcome and let's get this thread going........!!!

Just been busy e-baying my little heart out trying to pull it together before our final payment is due.

Good news... our passports came last week!!!!!!! It was only 25 days from the day we applied -- I don't think that's too bad.

Peter -- can't wait to hear all about the 11-day cruise, and I am also anxious to see the dry-dock changes. Not that I have anything to compare it to but we are anxious to see the ship period :rotfl:

We may or may not dress up for pirate night. It depends on if I can find costumes DH and I like after halloween that are reasonably priced. DH said he would do it, so it's up to me to see if we can find acceptable costumes. The kids are going to be pirates this year for Halloweens so they can dress up regardless. We might just do black pants and pirate tee shirts. I saw some sparkly ones on ebay -- everything pirate is so big right now.

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone :wave: ... and we're getting CLOSER!!!

3dog2kidmom said:
Just been busy e-baying my little heart out trying to pull it together before our final payment is due.

Good news... our passports came last week!!!!!!! It was only 25 days from the day we applied -- I don't think that's too bad.

Peter -- can't wait to hear all about the 11-day cruise, and I am also anxious to see the dry-dock changes. Not that I have anything to compare it to but we are anxious to see the ship period :rotfl:

We may or may not dress up for pirate night. It depends on if I can find costumes DH and I like after halloween that are reasonably priced. DH said he would do it, so it's up to me to see if we can find acceptable costumes. The kids are going to be pirates this year for Halloweens so they can dress up regardless. We might just do black pants and pirate tee shirts. I saw some sparkly ones on ebay -- everything pirate is so big right now.

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone :wave: ... and we're getting CLOSER!!!
That is fine if you dont feel like spending money on it they provide you with a head band !
you will be fine!
we are not bringing stuff for our largee group either!!!

We are also going to Europe to do the First Med Cruise! :banana: :banana:
We feel very comfortable being in Disneys hands 2 sample the Med!
:grouphug:

Just the way it worked out, no cruises in over a year and ahalf and then 3 in a 9 month span!

we are so Very lucky! :wizard:

We're here, too! I've been working on planning our land portion and getting the rest of the extended family up to speed on what they need to be doing!

Peter and Jenn - glad you had a great trip! I would love to do an 11 day, but I have to first convince DH that he will have fun! We are hoping to book Palo brunch, so please let us know at your 90 day mark if there is anything left for us 75 dayers! :thumbsup2

I have gotten lots of pirate goodies for the kids, but I'm not sure we will dressup. I did get some table decorations so we can be int he spirit of things!

We are not planning to do any excursions in Nassau. DD7 would like to do the dolphin encounter, but I think DD3 is too young. I think we will try to book the CC stingray adventure for DD7 and either me or DH. DD3 will just be happy on the beach.

I think the Carolinians have the majority here - we are in Wilmington, NC!

StitchandPooh'sMom said:
Peter and Jenn - glad you had a great trip! I would love to do an 11 day, but I have to first convince DH that he will have fun! We are hoping to book Palo brunch, so please let us know at your 90 day mark if there is anything left for us 75 dayers! :thumbsup2

!
Not if We can help it!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Brunch is Very Yummy!
our fav.

We did visit Palo on the 11 night!
Several times for dinner!! even gave one reservation away as some others Disers had a hard time, getting a spot! :confused3

Only once for brunch! :thumbsup2

Jenn, did High tea with the ladies! :grouphug:

Hygiene99 said:
Not if We can help it!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Brunch is Very Yummy!
our fav.

:grouphug:

Can we eat with you? :rotfl2: I am planning to get up at 3 am to book brunch, but I expect I will also be getting on the ship early to try to find a spot! Not sure DD3 will want to be in the kids club at the end of the day, but our chances are better at lunch time!

Count us in! We are also traveling 1/14/07. Not my first cruise but our kids have never been on one. There are six of us: me, DH, DD16, and DS's 14, 11, 8. We actually got bumped. We were supposed to travel 10/14/06 but I guess it's for DVC members only. We had to pick a new time and January sounded as good as any. We're in Utah so we'll be glad to get out of the snow. I hope it's warm. We are doing the Land/Sea vacation. We've been to Disneyland countless times but never to Disney World. Can't wait!

Tamera

Welcome, Tamera! We are traveling with extended family, and that includes some boy cousins who are 13 and will be almost 11 when we sail. They will be glad to know that there will be other boys their age!

We are doing three days at WDW after we sail - can't wait! My kids have been a few times already, but they are always ready to go!

So excited! I went to Target today and came across a shirt that will go perfect with black pants on pirate night for $6.00!!! Go me!! I attempted to search for things for dh, dd, and ds but at our Target, they have Halloween,
Thanksgiving AND Christmas stuff EVERYWHERE so it was merely impossible... ugh

Going this week to get mine and the kids passports...

pumpkin8675 said:
Count us in! We are also traveling 1/14/07. Not my first cruise but our kids have never been on one. There are six of us: me, DH, DD16, and DS's 14, 11, 8. We actually got bumped. We were supposed to travel 10/14/06 but I guess it's for DVC members only. We had to pick a new time and January sounded as good as any. We're in Utah so we'll be glad to get out of the snow. I hope it's warm. We are doing the Land/Sea vacation. We've been to Disneyland countless times but never to Disney World. Can't wait!

Tamera

Oh my ! :blush:

Better invest in some Good walking shoes!!
as things are Alot Bigger than Disneyland! :moped:

We went to Disneyland for a long weekend 3 weeks ago.
Had an offer we could not refuse!
Club something or other, for brunch! :lmao: :rotfl2:
Was an Awesome expierence! ;) We are so very lucky. :thumbsup2

Hmmmmm, when is the 90 day mark?? Exactly! :confused3

Ok All the Adjustments have been made, Since we just got off the 11 night Wonder!
and we picked up some more DVC points!!! :Pinkbounc (since they gave us 2005 points also!!)
We are now all booked on points!

Jenn's cabin with 2 kids in it - has been rebooked with the Reduced rate points, for rebooking after you get off a cruise!
and my cabin with 2 kids in it has been booked on reduced rate points!
that we just got! :rotfl2: (Either cabin will sleep 4 kids :teeth: ) :lmao:
and the cash reservations canceled!

We are all booked on points! :teeth:

Jenn's Mom & Dad, Are on there own !!
but they are getting an onboard credit. :teeth:

Now, to work on the air!

Saw some good price's on airtran, about 3 weeks ago, from Boston to MCO!
Wonder if they are still around! :rolleyes:
Have credit with Jetblue, just before 11 night cruise, I noticed price dropped called JB. got Credit!

airtran had a stop! only one hour! would like to go non both ways!

You know, the flight from Boston to Orlando, only took 2:35 flying time last week, gets faster and faster every time we fly!
Same coming home! :guilty:

Followed by where to stay! :teeth:
We are thinking of staying at the Rad! Great pool!
for kids!
Golden arches, across the street!

Flying in day before to see the Magic, go bye from Grill's

We are also going to Rent a large Van, from airport to Port Canveral - One way rental.
Pick it up again after cruise to get back!
Easy drive for anyone Wondering!

Probably, Avis or budget.

Welcome to the new people.... :woohoo: :grouphug:
I Just love Cat 11 :teeth:
Peter

pumpkin8675 said:

Tamera

Hi Tamera! We are doing land/sea, too; and we have a DS just turned 9. Where are you staying? I cruised this January and it was chilly, but still nicer than Missouri in January ;)

Glad to have you here!

Thanks to all of you for your welcome. For our land portion, we are staying at the Dolphin/Swan. I let the kids do all the choosing. I know it's not a Disney property but they really wanted the "heavenly beds". DH travels quite a bit for work and says they truly are heavenly. Our staterooms are on deck 7, can't remember the room numbers.

We are currently working on obtaining good walking shoes. There are so many things we want to see! Since it's January, we won't do any water parks. That should help a little.

Kids are most excited about cruise. They really want to snorkel. My boys especially LOVE fish. I'm just looking forward to time away. I feel like it will be here before we know it!

Thanks again. I'm glad to be here.
Tamera

:teeth:
pumpkin8675 said:
Thanks to all of you for your welcome. For our land portion, we are staying at the Dolphin/Swan. I let the kids do all the choosing. I know it's not a Disney property but they really wanted the "heavenly beds". DH travels quite a bit for work and says they truly are heavenly. Our staterooms are on deck 7, can't remember the room numbers.

We are currently working on obtaining good walking shoes. There are so many things we want to see! Since it's January, we won't do any water parks. That should help a little.

Tamera

Speaking of Staterooms!!!! :teeth:

Does anyone have stateroom 7037
Right now we have 7035 and 7039
Looking to get all 3 in a row!

They are cat 11 deck 7

The room we would like to trade for it is 7127
Was just in it, for the 11 night, it is in geat shape!
Short walk to Secret deck 7 :teeth: See the Wonder back into Castaway Cay! Cant garantee that will happen ! :lmao:

Also that stateroom has its muster drill in Animators Palate! (Ac) sit down!

Not out on deck 4 as I think 7037 does ( not positive )

when canceled cash reservation, to convert to dvc It Got Gobbled up!!
over night on a Sunday! :confused3 :confused3

Also 7041 would work 2 side by side would be ok!

Also Bring the long pants! you never know! :sunny:
Brought one pair couple years back ended up wearing 4 days!! :sunny: :sunny: :lmao:

Peter

Sorry Peter... I don't have that stateroom but my dilemma now is that I'm thinking about changing to the land/sea package. I'd really love to go to WDW also :rolleyes:

How do you like Cat 11 rooms? I grabbed a SPH room and went with a Cat 10 for that reason but 11 is cheaper.... advice?

Bella8286 said:
Sorry Peter... I don't have that stateroom but my dilemma now is that I'm thinking about changing to the land/sea package. I'd really love to go to WDW also :rolleyes:

How do you like Cat 11 rooms? I grabbed a SPH room and went with a Cat 10 for that reason but 11 is cheaper.... advice?

Stick with the SPH !!!!!! :thumbsup2 (have stayed in them ) 5020 is our fav but others r ok!

For the hundred bucks well worth it!

cat 11, does not have split Bath! That is nice!

Try booking land portion seperate! :teeth: may save ya couple bucks :teeth:

Try www.mousesavers.com for some pricing help!
We had dining plan for our stay at the world!
Well worth it!
Even if 2 in a party of three Get it if you are not large eaters!

Would also suggest you do land first!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter