1/14/07 Wonder Anyone?

Good morning everybody... no special plans for us this weekend except go to bed right now b/c I just got off work! We will be going out to dinner tonight though which should be nice :) Then dd has tryouts for the Nutcracker ballet on Sunday.

I'm still torn between the two character breakfasts... I don't know if dd would rather see Chip/Dale or Lilo/Stitch. Also, I hear that Chef Mickey's is LOUD. Just how loud do people mean? Like, would it be too loud for ds as he is a baby and doesn't like loud noises.

Peter, I'd love to do brunch. Heck, I'm stressing getting a dinner reservation much less brunch. Let me know what you need.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hygiene99 said:
:teeth: You know,I have been thinking!!

First of All what day is Brunch? The Sea day right! :teeth:

Anyone intrested in doing brunch??? In the PRIVATE ROOM, of Palo.

Please let me know this room Seats 16 people! @ 10:30 AM :sunny:
-2 would be 14 more.
I will need you DCl conformation # and last name...

I will contact DCL PERSON :wizard: Via her email.
to try to arrange this.
If we are able to arrange this! that may take off the 3 am waking for some of you!
ok let me find that photo of the private room!
Peter

What a great idea! It's sweet of you to offer to do that. Unfortunately, we have 10 adults just in our group (but I am not sure how many are going to do brunch). Our plan was to try to get ressies for as many as I could online (so at least DH and I could go), then add our family when we got on the ship if possible. They are not planners like me, and they can't commit to anything so far in advance. :rotfl2: I have told them that they need to take care of these things, and maybe they will, but I thought we would at least do what we could. They don't know if they want to do brunch or dinner or not at all - since this is our first cruise, I don't want to miss a dinner and would rather do brunch. I would probably be in serious trouble if I abandoned my non-planning family to eat a yummy brunch with my DIS friends. But how nice to share a meal with someone who shares my addiction! :rotfl2:

Are there any larger tables in Palo other than the private room (like to seat 6 or 8), or are they all for 2 or 4 people? My thought was to try to reserve brunch for four (not sure if I can do that online), then get on the ship early and see if I could add any family that couldn't make up their minds!

StitchandPooh'sMom said:
Are there any larger tables in Palo other than the private room (like to seat 6 or 8), or are they all for 2 or 4 people? My thought was to try to reserve brunch for four (not sure if I can do that online), then get on the ship early and see if I could add any family that couldn't make up their minds!
I think the largest you can book online is a 6 or 8.
correct me if im wrong! :teeth:

But have sat at a table for 8 in dining room! :teeth:

If you manage to get 2 tables! and there are extra spots cause you could only book 4 when all you wanted is a 2. (THIS HAPPENS)
Go to Palo first day to have them adjust it!
and seat your large party together!
also doing this may open up other spots for someone who could not get any online or on the ship! :teeth:

Im guilty of this myself only spot we could get online was for a party of 4!
only needed 2 .. yes we did invite 2 folks who could not get any!
or wanted to go twice :lmao: This wont be the case here..

Peter

Bella8286 said:
I'm thinking about Chef Mickey's or Ohana's... anybody know if one is better than the other? I like the idea of the Ohana's meal being served to you rather than buffet.

We have been to CM for dinner, and this time we are doing 'Ohana for dinner the night before the cruise. 'Ohana for dinner is not characters, though, but we are going to hopefully be there during Wishes!

Peter, DH and I would love to do brunch, too!! Thanks for offering to pull this together :teeth:

We have a busy weekend as usual. I have tons of work to do around the house, and tomorrow DS9 has a football game.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Hygiene99 said:
I think the largest you can book online is a 6 or 8.
correct me if im wrong! :teeth:

But have sat at a table for 8 in dining room! :teeth:

If you manage to get 2 tables! and there are extra spots cause you could only book 4 when all you wanted is a 2. (THIS HAPPENS)
Go to Palo first day to have them adjust it!
and seat your large party together!
also doing this may open up other spots for someone who could not get any online or on the ship! :teeth:

Im guilty of this myself only spot we could get online was for a party of 4!
only needed 2 .. yes we did invite 2 folks who could not get any!
or wanted to go twice :lmao: This wont be the case here..

Peter

Thanks! I'm sure if I can get a spot, the other grown-ups in our group will be happy to join us! :teeth: They are just not used to planning ahead for ADRs, etc., and they just wing it. I am more obsessed than that!

If they all decide to try for dinner instead, we would love to join everyone for brunch!

Ohana's is a good idea for dinner. I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place for us to eat the night before the cruise as well. Since we're staying at AKL, I'm not sure how great their restaurants are or if there is somewhere else at WDW that I should make ressies for dinner since I only have ONE night.

I'm leaning more towards CM for breakfast at this point...

Does anyone know how soon you need to make reservations in advance for these things?

Bella8286 said:
Ohana's is a good idea for dinner. I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place for us to eat the night before the cruise as well. Since we're staying at AKL, I'm not sure how great their restaurants are or if there is somewhere else at WDW that I should make ressies for dinner since I only have ONE night.

Does anyone know how soon you need to make reservations in advance for these things?

'Ohana still has the activities -- coconut races, limbo, etc. -- at dinner time, but no characters. Wishes is the fireworks show from the Magic Kingdom. They pipe in the music and you can see from the windows of 'Ohana at the Polynesian if you are there at the right time. The night before the cruise it is scheduled to be at 8 p.m.

You can make reservations for all WDW restaurants 6 months out, so you could go ahead and make them right away as soon as you decide. We have all our ADRs already.

You can go to www.allears.net to see the menus to help you decide, or you will find some good info on the restaurant board.

Bella8286 said:
Oh by the way, what is Wishes?

This is wishes

The night time fireworks show @ MK!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

for those doing L&S package or going to the World,before or after the cruise
you must See this show @ Ak :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

2.jpg

Bella8286 said:

We have eaten dinner at Boma at AKL, and it was wonderful. No characters, but some very yummy food! I have heard it is even better for breakfast, but you need to get that character meal in sometime! :thumbsup2

I have not been to Jiko, the signature restaurant at AKL, but I have only heard wonderful things about it. You should definitely go ahead and make ADRs - we got ours in July.

Hygiene99 said:
This is wishes

The night time fireworks show @ MK!!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

for those doing L&S package or going to the World,before or after the cruise
you must See this show @ Ak :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

2.jpg

We love, love, love Festival of the Lion King! We see it every time we go. We are also looking forward to seeing the new Nemo show when we go.

The Lion King (Broadway version) is in NC this week and we thought about going, but the price was pretty steep for DD7 and DD3 to not be thrilled with it. We'll wait a few years for that!

StitchandPooh'sMom said:
We love, love, love Festival of the Lion King! We see it every time we go. We are also looking forward to seeing the new Nemo show when we go.

The Lion King (Broadway version) is in NC this week and we thought about going, but the price was pretty steep for DD7 and DD3 to not be thrilled with it. We'll wait a few years for that!

We had a chance to see it in Boston! was ok!!!!
was more modern than we thought it would be.
not something a kid could or would sit thru, as we saw the 2 smaller one's in row in front of us.

Oh cool... so if you plan to eat and be at Ohanas around that time, you can see the show from there? If that's the case, I might do that for dinner then CM for breakfast.

Well the photo's seem to be trikling out from the 11 night trip..

Here I am doing im a little teapot......... In the kids club!!

Was the star of the show!!
We made flubber!!!
Funny thing is I sat way in the Back as far back as you can sit!!!
the professor decided to pick that person!! :lmao: :lmao:

I think the Kids that normally go to the club will have a great time we did!!
It does not get opened up very often to adults!
but with less than 300 kids onboard, Shelia the Officer, made it happen for us!

DSCN4423.jpg

And here is the back of the t shirt I purchased at DTD in Ca.
The motto for my cruise!! :lmao: :lmao:
DSCN4086.jpg

Sorry folks, I couldn't chat today - had to work :(

Peter, love the teapot and the shirt pics. I would love to get one of the shirts. It looks like you all had the best time in the kids club!! I hope our kids have as much fun as you southern cruisers did.

Well so it sounds like we spent the $$ on passports before we really would have needed to, but at least they are done and out of the way. We just might have to rebook onboard to make good use of them!!

3dog2kidmom said:
Sorry folks, I couldn't chat today - had to work :(

Peter, love the teapot and the shirt pics. I would love to get one of the shirts. It looks like you all had the best time in the kids club!! I hope our kids have as much fun as you southern cruisers did.

Well so it sounds like we spent the $$ on passports before we really would have needed to, but at least they are done and out of the way. We just might have to rebook onboard to make good use of them!!

I Believe they came in a couple different colors

White Grey and maybe black with white lletters

If You Really want one let me know! :)

I have been known to make things happen!! :lmao: ;)

$22.00 was price!
Same logo on front, top left, just smaller :goodvibes

Hygiene99 said:
If You Really want one let me know! :)

I have been known to make things happen!! :lmao: ;)

$22.00 was price!
Same logo on front, top left, just smaller :goodvibes
Thanks for the sweet offer -- I will keep it in mind!

We are almost at the "less than 3 months" mark!! Is anyone excited yet? Bella, have you decided on your ADRs yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter