• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

08/03/2010 - Wonder - Who needs The Baltic when you've got Key West??

May 5th is already highlighted on my calendar!! :banana: Definitiely planning Palo..not sure if we will do dinner or brunch. Any advice? Also..can you get the souffles for dessert at brunch..that would make my decision for me! :lovestruc Probably doing some excursions..not sure yet which. A lot of people have said there is really no need to book anything for Key West... But I'm partial to the butterflies and the cats at Hemingway's house!

I think you can get the souffles at brunch but don't quote me. Cats at Hemingway's house? My daughter would be stuffing some in her suitcase!! She sat outside a hotel in Florida for hours, trying to catch some stray kittens!! and we have 5 cats!!

They are descendents of Hemingway's cats and they all have 6 toes! There is also a guy that does a show with his cats in the evenings somewhere downtown. They run around free! Sounds like a hoot!:lmao:

Castaway club members can book excursions on May 5th! Is anyone planning an excursion or Palo? We are thinking of the snorkling and dolphin trip at key west, and maybe parasailing or jet skiing at castaway. Would love to do brunch again at Palo. Totally yummy!!

Definitely want to book Palo, but may wait until boarding. I still haven't paid in full.

I am a teacher and this last month is a killer! We are going down to the world 2 days after school is out! I can hardly stand the wait!!!:teacher:

Hello everyone!!!!

We are sailing with you all!!!!:cool1::cool1:

There will be 7 of us, Me and DD's ages 7 and 9. (This is our platinum sailing, woo hoo!)

My mom, and my sister and her DD's ages 10 and 13.

We are looking forward to a girls only cruise and are super excited about Key West!!

I need details about Key West as I have never been (even though we live in FL)

We want to just walk around-no DCL excursions.

Welcome aboard! I think we will probably do Key West on our own too. We have never been either!

We went last year on the Magic and we walked around on our own. We went to Mallory Square which is very close to the pier.

The pier, by the way was fun to walk on. Many shops and fun stuff to look at.

Everything is very close to the ship. We walked to Ripley's believe it or not museum and spent a very hot day in the a/c for a couple of hours, before taking the trolley to do more sightseeing. We hopped on and off the trolley as we liked. There is so much to see and do, I had wished the ship stayed there a bit longer.

Good to know. any idea what the trolley cost? I'm assuming the trolley is walking distance from the ship.

From another board, it looks like "Til we meet again" is the theme for the last night's dinner. I was wondering what it was going to be...

Now I just have to get my hands on the menu. It's never too early to plan my meal!!:rotfl2:

Good to know. any idea what the trolley cost? I'm assuming the trolley is walking distance from the ship.

From another board, it looks like "Til we meet again" is the theme for the last night's dinner. I was wondering what it was going to be...

Now I just have to get my hands on the menu. It's never too early to plan my meal!!:rotfl2:

I think it was about 20 to 25 dollars per adult to ride all day. (kids were about half) They also gave us some coupons for places in Key West.

Cocktails

Cosmopolitan
Vodka, Cointreau, Lime Juice, and a
splash of Cranberry Juice $4.95

Day at the Beach
Coconut Rum, Amaretto, Orange Juice
and Grenadine $4.95

Distant Sunset
Gin, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth
and Triple Sec $4.95

Appetisers

Artichoke, Spinach and Jalepeño Cheese Dip
with triangles of Crispy Pita Bread

Chilled Tuna Sushi roll garnished with
American Black Caviar
with Pickled Ginger Wasabi and Soy Sauce

Seafood Medley
Shrimp Cocktail, Smoked Salmon Terrine and Marinated Scallops

Honey-mustard Chicken Tenderloins
lightly coated with Crackers
served with Tangy Sweet Dipping Sauce

Soups and Salads

Crawfish and Lobster Bisque
served with Roasted Corn-Chili Relish

Chilled Split Pea Soup
garnished with Caramelized Chipolini Onions

Romaine Salad with Artichoke Chips
a Roasted Bacon-wrapped Date, and Caesar Dressing

Florida Citrus and Baby Spinach
with Blue Cheese Ranch Dressing

Bib Lettuce
and Baby Greens with a Watercress Dressing

Main Course

Grilled Beef Tenderloin
served with William Potatoes, Asparagus Spears,
Baby Vegetables and Béarnaise Sauce
›› Kendall Jackson VR Cabernet Sauvignon, California. Glass $7.75 Bottle $38.00

Chicken and Mushroom Wellington
tender white Chicken combined with a Mushroom stuffing
baked in Puff Pastry Shell served with Red Wine Jus
›› St. Francis Chardonnay, Senoma Valley. Glass $7.75 Bottle $38.00

Roasted Mint Pesto Crusted Sirloin of Lamb
with Onion, Leek and Potato Gratin and Sun-dried Tomato Jus
›› Byron Pinot Noir, Santa Maria Valley. Glass $9.75 Bottle $48.00

Seafood Linguini Pasta
Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp, Clams and Asparagus-White Wine Sauce
›› Brancott Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand. Glass $5.95 Bottle $29.00

Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon
rubbed with Crushed Green Pea and Wasabi served on Mediterranean Vegetable Ragout
›› Conundrum, California. Glass $10.25 Bottle $49.00

Chef`s Recommendations

Chilled Tuna Sushi roll garnished with
American Black Caviar
with Pickled Ginger Wasabi and Soy Sauce

Chilled Split Pea Soup
garnished with Caramelized Chipolini Onions

Grilled Beef Tenderloin
served with William Potatoes, Asparagus Spears,
Baby Vegetables and Béarnaise Sauce
›› Kendall Jackson VR Cabernet Sauvignon, California. Glass $7.75 Bottle $38.0

Deep-Dish Apple-Cranberry pie

Lighter Fare

Oven Baked Fillet of Salmon

Grilled Rib-eye Steak

Slow Roasted Breast of Chicken

All of the above served with Garden Vegetables and
your choice of steamed White Rice or Baked Potato.

Vegetarian Selections

Vegetable Puff pastry Turnover
served on duo of Red and Yellow Pepper Coulis

Risotto with Black-eyed Peas
with Grilled Mushrooms and Pecorino Cheese

My wife and I will be on this cruise. Both of us are big Disney fans (we're actually going to DW next week) but have never been on a cruise before. We're going to celebrate our tenth anniversary.

My wife and I will be on this cruise. Both of us are big Disney fans (we're actually going to DW next week) but have never been on a cruise before. We're going to celebrate our tenth anniversary.

Welcome!! Wonderful way to celebrate.

Have fun in Disney World next week.

Booked Palo! and a spa treatment! Woo hoo! So much fun to see "book"!:goodvibes

WOO-HOO!!!:cool1::cool1:
Florida Residents rates came out!!!

Half price sailing!

Anyone else getting the FL resident rates?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter