08/03/2010 - Wonder - Who needs The Baltic when you've got Key West??

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Meets' started by ImTooExcitedToSleep, Oct 14, 2008.

1. ImTooExcitedToSleep

ImTooExcitedToSleep dis veteran

Around this time next week, I will most likely be saying "goodbye" to this thread and "hello" to a 2011 Alaska cruise thread.

The good news is that we had 2 Secret Porthole Cabins, so if you're interested in those give DCL a call on Monday afternoon.

I'll leave my subscription for this thread in place for now, so I can continue to monitor this thread. Also, when things really get started rolling on this thread, let me know where your passenger lists and FE lists are and I will gladly post links on the first post.

Hope you all have a great cruise.

Tom

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pixiedustdawn

Pixiedustdawn Mouseketeer

Hi, I think it has more to do with her being able to take the time off from work. She is in the fashion industry in Manhattan and her work takes up a lot of her time. Otherwise, she does love cruising with us.

My 13 year old will definitely be with me. She loves meeting new people from all over the world. We have been to the American girl store and we also have spent quite a bit. My daughter has one and I think we are done. She actually liked reading their books instead.

Dawn

4. phoenixphantom

phoenixphantom Mouseketeer

Yes, work has a habit of getting in the way, doesn't it? The cruise is the only time I am ever away from my small business. I am a web designer, and it is just me, so no one to pick up the slack when I am away.

What does your daughter do? My niece has her degree in pattern making and went to school in NY, but can't get a foot in the door. Apparently pattern making is a very difficult area to get into, although I guess anything with fashion is difficult. I know she is wishing she had studied something different. Right now she is in Georgia looking for work....not sure what she will find there.

I'm right there with you on only one doll, but my mother in law has basically taught my kids that if one is good, ten is better. She used to go to yard sales and bring home every dinosaur or pokemon or what ever the kids were into. The whole collecting things like webkinz is a drag and then she acts like I am the bad guy when I say no to the 25th webkinz!! :headache:

5. Pixiedustdawn

My daughter went to F.I.T. in Manhattan. She interned for a while at this place and they kept her on as a full time employee, once college was over. She is more into the marketing (buying) part of fashion. (She switched mid way through college.)

Your daughter needs to get her foot in the door by being a go-fer for the people that are already doing pattern making. She will get to know the business and meet many people that way. So many have decided to change careers once they do this.

The only thing I like collecting are vacations!

6. phoenixphantom

It is actually my niece, so I have very little to say about it. she too graduated from FIT in Dec 2007 her name is Jen Craig. I wonder if your daughter knows her?

Collecting cruises is a great idea! I am excited to do Key West, have any of you been there?

Diane

7. jlawall

jlawall <font color=royalblue>Captain Lucky, the Great Pro

yes, we've been there a few times, it's really fun!:goodvibes

8. Pixiedustdawn

I will ask my dd and see if she knows her.

Key West has become our favorite port. So many fun things to do there. Wonderful shopping and sightseeing.

Dawn

9. blossomz

blossomz Proud DVC owner since 2002!

We're booked too! Hi everyone! We are also very excited to be on our 2nd cruise...and a 5 day one! It will be me and my sons...20 and 22. They loved our last cruise too! Never been to Key West. Any shore excursions recommended? We booked a deck 6 with a balcony. :cool1::banana:

10. phoenixphantom

I'm ready to leave tomorrow!! Who's with me?

11. jlawall

Welcome.......we're from Bucks Cty!!:goodvibes

12. blossomz

Hi! You aren't too far from York! I too am ready to leave tomorrow! It's going to be a loooong winter!!:laughing:

13. jlawall

No we're nearby but so far the winter has been bearable..........:banana:

14. Pixiedustdawn

Wow I just realized I haven't been on here in quite some time.

I asked my dd and she does not know her. I actually have three cousins that also graduated from there too. I will ask them.

15. Pixiedustdawn

Welcome.. we haven't thought of any excursions.

We like the trolley and usually ride that around a bit, hopping on and off as we please. We don't book it ahead of time, we just walk a block or two and catch it there. We also like to walk around where all the shops are. Which again is only a block or two away.

16. Pixiedustdawn

I think by next week the cold weather is going to really move in and I will be more than ready for a cruise!

17. blossomz

That is what I'm hearing about our weather as well. What deck are you all booked on?:goodvibes

18. Pixiedustdawn

We are on deck seven. How about you?

19. blossomz

Deck 6 midship. Cat 6. I love having a verandah!

20. jlawall

Happy Thxgiving to all.......I love long weekends!!:goodvibes

21. blossomz

Hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend and had a great turkey day!