08/03/2010 - Wonder - Who needs The Baltic when you've got Key West??

Around this time next week, I will most likely be saying "goodbye" to this thread and "hello" to a 2011 Alaska cruise thread.

The good news is that we had 2 Secret Porthole Cabins, so if you're interested in those give DCL a call on Monday afternoon.

I'll leave my subscription for this thread in place for now, so I can continue to monitor this thread. Also, when things really get started rolling on this thread, let me know where your passenger lists and FE lists are and I will gladly post links on the first post.

Hope you all have a great cruise.

Tom

Pixiedustdawn,

Wow, how much arm twisting does it take to get someone on a Disney Cruise? My SIL who is single and 40ish goes with us all the time and loves it! What is your daughter into? My DD will turn 14 in Nov. NY State or NYC. My little one keeps begging for a trip to the American girl store in NYC. Every time we go it cost $150!! I can't do that right now.

Hi, I think it has more to do with her being able to take the time off from work. She is in the fashion industry in Manhattan and her work takes up a lot of her time. Otherwise, she does love cruising with us.

My 13 year old will definitely be with me. She loves meeting new people from all over the world. We have been to the American girl store and we also have spent quite a bit. My daughter has one and I think we are done. She actually liked reading their books instead.

Dawn

Yes, work has a habit of getting in the way, doesn't it? The cruise is the only time I am ever away from my small business. I am a web designer, and it is just me, so no one to pick up the slack when I am away.

What does your daughter do? My niece has her degree in pattern making and went to school in NY, but can't get a foot in the door. Apparently pattern making is a very difficult area to get into, although I guess anything with fashion is difficult. I know she is wishing she had studied something different. Right now she is in Georgia looking for work....not sure what she will find there.

I'm right there with you on only one doll, but my mother in law has basically taught my kids that if one is good, ten is better. She used to go to yard sales and bring home every dinosaur or pokemon or what ever the kids were into. The whole collecting things like webkinz is a drag and then she acts like I am the bad guy when I say no to the 25th webkinz!! :headache:

Yes, work has a habit of getting in the way, doesn't it? The cruise is the only time I am ever away from my small business. I am a web designer, and it is just me, so no one to pick up the slack when I am away.

What does your daughter do? My niece has her degree in pattern making and went to school in NY, but can't get a foot in the door. Apparently pattern making is a very difficult area to get into, although I guess anything with fashion is difficult. I know she is wishing she had studied something different. Right now she is in Georgia looking for work....not sure what she will find there.

I'm right there with you on only one doll, but my mother in law has basically taught my kids that if one is good, ten is better. She used to go to yard sales and bring home every dinosaur or pokemon or what ever the kids were into. The whole collecting things like webkinz is a drag and then she acts like I am the bad guy when I say no to the 25th webkinz!! :headache:

My daughter went to F.I.T. in Manhattan. She interned for a while at this place and they kept her on as a full time employee, once college was over. She is more into the marketing (buying) part of fashion. (She switched mid way through college.)

Your daughter needs to get her foot in the door by being a go-fer for the people that are already doing pattern making. She will get to know the business and meet many people that way. So many have decided to change careers once they do this.

The only thing I like collecting are vacations!

It is actually my niece, so I have very little to say about it. she too graduated from FIT in Dec 2007 her name is Jen Craig. I wonder if your daughter knows her?

Collecting cruises is a great idea! I am excited to do Key West, have any of you been there?

Diane

It is actually my niece, so I have very little to say about it. she too graduated from FIT in Dec 2007 her name is Jen Craig. I wonder if your daughter knows her?

Collecting cruises is a great idea! I am excited to do Key West, have any of you been there?

Diane

yes, we've been there a few times, it's really fun!:goodvibes

Diane

I will ask my dd and see if she knows her.

Key West has become our favorite port. So many fun things to do there. Wonderful shopping and sightseeing.

Dawn

We're booked too! Hi everyone! We are also very excited to be on our 2nd cruise...and a 5 day one! It will be me and my sons...20 and 22. They loved our last cruise too! Never been to Key West. Any shore excursions recommended? We booked a deck 6 with a balcony. :cool1::banana:

We're booked too! Hi everyone! We are also very excited to be on our 2nd cruise...and a 5 day one! It will be me and my sons...20 and 22. They loved our last cruise too! Never been to Key West. Any shore excursions recommended? We booked a deck 6 with a balcony. :cool1::banana:

Welcome.......we're from Bucks Cty!!:goodvibes

Hi! You aren't too far from York! I too am ready to leave tomorrow! It's going to be a loooong winter!!:laughing:

No we're nearby but so far the winter has been bearable..........:banana:

Diane

Wow I just realized I haven't been on here in quite some time.

I asked my dd and she does not know her. I actually have three cousins that also graduated from there too. I will ask them.

Welcome.. we haven't thought of any excursions.

We like the trolley and usually ride that around a bit, hopping on and off as we please. We don't book it ahead of time, we just walk a block or two and catch it there. We also like to walk around where all the shops are. Which again is only a block or two away.

That is what I'm hearing about our weather as well. What deck are you all booked on?:goodvibes

Happy Thxgiving to all.......I love long weekends!!:goodvibes

Hope everyone is enjoying this long weekend and had a great turkey day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter