08/03/2010 - Wonder - Who needs The Baltic when you've got Key West??

If not, depending on what Cat you are, there are some Fl Resident rates listed on-line and if they are better, you could call them? Not sure if that could work?? :confused3
I'm already on a FL resident rate...over $3000 savings!!! It's a cat 9 deluxe ocean view. I'm ok with that I guess. It's our first cruise.

My son's friend and his girlfriend wanted to cruise with my son, but the prices were too high. But since I saw several of you changed from cat 2's I told him to call MEI. He got a fantastic deal on a cat 12, which is great for them. They are young and probably won't spend much time in the stateroom!

So we had a fun filled afternoon at the ER today. My husband was trying to tie up a tree with a bungee cord and it came loose and wacked him on the top of his right hand. The ER said it was not broken, just severely bruised! I just hope they are right. Now I have a DD with a growth plate fracture that is in a splint until after the cruise and a husband that is in a splint for about a week if no fracture. I just had oral surgery and my jaw has been throbbing. I can't wait for this trip to get here!!!! Mickey....Take me away!!

Oh no! Well think of it this way...it's good to get all of the injuries out of the way before the trip so you will hopefully have an injury free trip!!! :lmao:

I'm already on a FL resident rate...over $3000 savings!!! It's a cat 9 deluxe ocean view. I'm ok with that I guess. It's our first cruise.

We were already on a Fl Resident Rate also and they let us buy the upgrade, You can upgrade within the rate too.

Okay so I have not fallen of the face of the planet!! I am so sorry for not responding before now. I have not had access to my computer due to some major remodel issues in our home. I just got a laptop, so I am back in business.
Alex and I are in Stateroom 6644. I hope we are still welcome to be apart of the FE group.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!!

Carol

Alex's Mom

Time for the packing to move into full swing mode for us. I am getting so ready for this cruise! It is a much-needed escape from reality and some needed relaxation time.

My Mom's memorial service is tomorrow. She passed away on June 25th from a 19 month battle with Ovarian Cancer. We booked this cruise a few weeks before she passed away, when we had no idea she would be leaving us before we made it to the cruise. I had the wonderful opportunity of taking my mom on her first cruise-a DCL trip on the Wonder in December 2000. At that time, my dad had no desire to cruise. I am so thankful that he changed his mind, and they were able to do 2 cruises to Alaska, a cruise through the Panama Canal, and a 7 night eastern Caribbean with my family on the Disney Magic. She really loved to cruise, and I am so thankful I have been a part of it. My Dad continues his battle with cancer, so this 5 day escape means a 5 day escape from role of caregiver. I am excited to be a mom without all of these cancer distractions, and a wife that isn't stretched to all limits. Instead of Calgon, take me away...it's Disney Wonder, take me away!

I am following my Mom's advice...live life every day. Enjoy your family. Play.

So excited for the FE, and in meeting everyone. This is going to be a great cruise!

Time for the packing to move into full swing mode for us. I am getting so ready for this cruise! It is a much-needed escape from reality and some needed relaxation time.

My Mom's memorial service is tomorrow. She passed away on June 25th from a 19 month battle with Ovarian Cancer. We booked this cruise a few weeks before she passed away, when we had no idea she would be leaving us before we made it to the cruise. I had the wonderful opportunity of taking my mom on her first cruise-a DCL trip on the Wonder in December 2000. At that time, my dad had no desire to cruise. I am so thankful that he changed his mind, and they were able to do 2 cruises to Alaska, a cruise through the Panama Canal, and a 7 night eastern Caribbean with my family on the Disney Magic. She really loved to cruise, and I am so thankful I have been a part of it. My Dad continues his battle with cancer, so this 5 day escape means a 5 day escape from role of caregiver. I am excited to be a mom without all of these cancer distractions, and a wife that isn't stretched to all limits. Instead of Calgon, take me away...it's Disney Wonder, take me away!

So excited for the FE, and in meeting everyone. This is going to be a great cruise!

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. I lost my parents in '99 and 2001. I regret that I was never able to take my Mom to Disney, she would have loved it! I always thought there would be more time! I also try to live every day to the fullest and not put off till tomorrow.... I am so grateful to my husband's parents for making all of our Disney adventures through the years possible for my children and I. They are wonderful, caring sharing people. These trips have inspired my oldest to want to become an animator, the middle one wants to perform at Disney and the youngest likes theater class! I would never have been able to provide these opportunities for them!

Enjoy your cruise, remember the special times with your mom and use the time to rejuvenate yourself for the fight ahead!

Okay so I have not fallen of the face of the planet!! I am so sorry for not responding before now. I have not had access to my computer due to some major remodel issues in our home. I just got a laptop, so I am back in business.
Alex and I are in Stateroom 6644. I hope we are still welcome to be apart of the FE group.

I am really looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!!

Carol

Alex's Mom

Carol,

You are still on my list!! Cant wait to meet you and your son! My daughters are so excited for the trip, I bet you guys are too!:banana:

Diane STRM 2066

Does anyone have any thoughts on meeting at the Beach Blanket Buffet on deck 9 or Parrot Cay (maybe would be less crowded) for our meet, then we could enjoy food and drinks and hang out. I know my family likes to get on board and have lunch and since we will be arriving at different times, it could get crazy trying to have lunch, attend the meet, decorate the door and do all the other things that need to be done. Just a thought....let me know what you think.

When we were first discussing this, someone posted about a DVC meeting being around 3pm, is that a member meeting or a sales meeting? I looked at a recent navigator for a 5 day double dip and it did not mention anything about DVC meeting.

Diane

Updated:
Fish exchange participants:

STATE ROOM NUMBERS & NAMES

2021 John & Teri- adults.
2066 Sam -10. Becca - 14. Diane & Tom - adults
2536 Joe, Andreea, Kirsteena - adults Chelsea- 19
2538 Andy (male) Tina & Joyce - adults
2618 Kayla -6, Peter & Stephanie - adults
5024 Ann, Nancy - adults
5638 Jan (female), Erin (female) - adults
6580 Blossom, Holden and Brandon - Adults
7596 Lisa & Tony - adults, Alex - 7, Andy - 5
7606 Scott & Lynn - adults, Trevor - 9, Dylan - 4
8020 Carol- adult, Alex - 7
8510 Jennifer - adult, Sophia - 9
& Lena-7, Emily - 10
8512 Ann, Melissa - adults, Lauren-13
8550 Vicki, Mary Ellen - adults, Fallon-15, Hunter-9

If your room is located on deck two, please pass out your gifts on day 2(August 4th)
If your room is located on deck five, please pass out your gifts on day 3(August 5th)
If your room is located on deck six, please pass out your gifts on day 4 (August 6th)
If your room is located on deck seven or eight, please pass out your gifts on day 5 (August 7th)

14 staterooms
41 people
27 adults
14 kids Boys: 6. Girls: 8. Counted 19 y o as adult

Looks like this is the final!
On castawayclubdotcom there is a navigator from the June 5 night Key West. It listed a member celebration from 2:30 to I think 3:15 @ studio seas.

I'm sorry to hear about both your parents. I recently lost my dad this past May, and it has been difficult. I hope you have a wonderful well deserved cruise! Hugs to you and your family!

I too have lost both of my parents. I miss them every day. My dad passed in 2007 and mom in 2009. It is never an easy thing.:grouphug: I cherish the trip I forced on them to WDW in 2004. It was our last family trip.

Does anyone have any thoughts on meeting at the Beach Blanket Buffet on deck 9 or Parrot Cay (maybe would be less crowded) for our meet, then we could enjoy food and drinks and hang out. I know my family likes to get on board and have lunch and since we will be arriving at different times, it could get crazy trying to have lunch, attend the meet, decorate the door and do all the other things that need to be done. Just a thought....let me know what you think.

When we were first discussing this, someone posted about a DVC meeting being around 3pm, is that a member meeting or a sales meeting? I looked at a recent navigator for a 5 day double dip and it did not mention anything about DVC meeting.

Diane

My mom and I will be heading to Parrot Cay for lunch upon boarding. We will be getting to the Port early so we can be among the first on the ship, hopefully.

We can meet as a group anywhere at any time, just need a consensus!

The DVC meeting at 2:30 is a Member Celebration.

I plan on getting there as early as I can too. I just need to stop at the shore excursion desk before heading anywhere else, then I'm thinking we'll hit Parrot Cay too.

Yes, received an invitation in email yesterday about the member celebration. Just curious, how many of us are members? We have been since 2002 and wouldn't trade it for anything!

We are not members and are waiting to see where everyone is meeting up. Just let us know the date and time what is good for everyone.

I have only done the meets in the past in the promenade lounge. I need to make a note if it is not there as I know I will forget. lol

Can't wait!!

Diane

On Debarkation day don't they somewhat control the flow and tables in those 2 restaurants for people boarding and getting lunch? I thought I had heard that somewhere, may be a bit tricky to get an area to ourselves?? :confused3 We will be on board around noon hopefully so anytime is good for us, we are not DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter