04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

So.....what kind of booze do they have in the duty free shop on the ship? Thinking of making a purchase on the repo for consumption on the Alaska. But I think I'd be wanting Frangelico or Baileys. Do they have that?

(Yes, I would share with my friends to complete consumtion by the end of the cruise!)

Well, the 2 player Hive game will make it into our suitcase along with Carcassonne. Might bring along Citadels if there are enough ppl interested. See if i can fit Forbidden Island in and I know Shannon wants to bring Catan dice. Can't go on a ship without bringing Cartagena 2 - especially with Pirate night!

Sounds like with everyone on board we will have quite the collection of games to play!

With everyone talking about when they booked there cruises, it brought back some memories...we were at WDW when the booking window opened, so there I was sitting on my bed with all my maps of the ship and papers in front of me while I waited on hold for almost 2 hours....I had just about given up when the CM finally picked up....I was able to book our favourite stateroom for both cruises.....I was sooooo excited....then Mom and I headed to the food court at Pop Century and ran into our favourite CM at Pop, Sadie, in the Everything Pop store...we told her we were going to Alaska and she was so excited for us....I can't beleive that was back in September 2009 and at this time tomorrow, Mom and I will be on a plane to LA....

I want to take this time to thank EVERYONE for everything they have done to make this cruise (and the Alaska cruise) special.....I don't want to post names because I'm sure I'll forget someone....you all know who you are.

We can't wait to reconnect with friends and meet new friends.....DCL has been great to us and we have met some very special people over the years....it is so much fun to cruise with our Disney Family....

See you all on board on Wednesday....if not beforehand at DL....

FLATTIES! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! I hope I have time to make a few of these before I leave.

Airport to port xfer?

I called DCL today to find out where I should meet the ground transfer at LAX since I was actually flying in the night before and staying at an airport-area hotel. I was told that I had to meet at Delta terminal 5 baggage claim. Has anyone gotten other answers? I thought perhaps they'd have greeters at all terminal baggage claim areas.

Also, a question for those who are staying on for the 5/3 Alaska -- Are there any east coasters who booked their air from Disney? I'm trying to figure out what I can book for a return flight for my August 30 cruise and am wondering how firm the 12pm suggested departure time is. I really would prefer not to red-eye back and I can't take the extra day out of work. There's routing to BOS via AC through Toronto that is scheduled to get me into BOS the same night, but it would require either an 11:00am or 11:30am departure out of YVR. Since I'd be clearing immigration in Toronto instead of pre-clearing in YVR, I would be more comfortable with the 11am flight to give an extra 1/2 hr cushion in Toronto. Is it truly feasible, though? I had an earlier-than-recommended flight out of LHR for the Baltic and guest services put me in the first debarkation group and I had plenty of time at LHR before my flight. So is Disney Air booking people on any flights before noon on debarkation day?

We book through DCL and they have our flight out of Vancouver at noon. I know what you mean we get into Richmond VA at 11:30 pm. ugh. Luckily we took the 11th off from work.

Reading all the comments about luggage and dealing with it currently in our guest bedroom something came to mind. It is too bad that the machine from Honey I Shrunk the Kids wasn't for real!:rotfl2:
Have a great Thursday this time next week we will be sailing up the California coast line headding to the City by the Bay! :yay:
Sue

So.....what kind of booze do they have in the duty free shop on the ship? Thinking of making a purchase on the repo for consumption on the Alaska. But I think I'd be wanting Frangelico or Baileys. Do they have that?

(Yes, I would share with my friends to complete consumtion by the end of the cruise!)

They should have the Baileys and a good chance for the Frangelico also. On the WB Panama, I scored an 18 year old Mcallen scotch for a very nice price (I got a 10% discount after attending the Martini tasting). I hope to get a 25 year old scotch this time around and I hope they have the same discount! Humm, one might think I was a lush if all they ever knew about me was from the DisBoards!:rotfl2: See everyone again next Wednesday!

I called DCL today to find out where I should meet the ground transfer at LAX since I was actually flying in the night before and staying at an airport-area hotel. I was told that I had to meet at Delta terminal 5 baggage claim. Has anyone gotten other answers?

It's not uncommon for people to fly in the night before a cruise, and catch an hotel shuttle back to the airport in the AM. Since airport shuttles are dropping off guests for OUTBOUND flights (rather than incoming / baggage claim locations), it sounds as if you are being provided with the ultimate destination, just prior to the DCL loading area, as a matter of convenience.

Are there any east coasters who booked their air from Disney? I'm trying to figure out what I can book for a return flight for my August 30 cruise and am wondering how firm the 12pm suggested departure time is. I really would prefer not to red-eye back and I can't take the extra day out of work. There's routing to BOS via AC through Toronto that is scheduled to get me into BOS the same night, but it would require either an 11:00am or 11:30am departure out of YVR.

We booked Air Canada from YVR to PHL (via Toronto). We found it offered the best options (and price) at the time (for us). If DCL books you on a flight prior to Noon ... I would not fret. It's THEIR responsibility to get you to the airport on time. Remember, in Canada, International flights require you to be at the airport 60 minutes prior to departure. I believe it is less for Domestic flights.

So.....what kind of booze do they have in the duty free shop on the ship? Thinking of making a purchase on the repo for consumption on the Alaska. But I think I'd be wanting Frangelico or Baileys.

Jackie, Yes, DCL has Baileys ... not sure about Frangelico. Remember, if you buy liquor on the cruise, the give it to you the night before debarkation. I am not sure how that will work for those on B2B (ie: will they hold it until 5/10 versus 5/3)? One thought ... will you be staying in LA or Disneyland prior to the REPO? If you will be in Disneyland, there are plenty of locations selling spirits.

It is not the airport I fly quite a bit on fact when we lived in CA I flew into LAX a couple times a month on business. The stress is getting stuck in Alanta and not making it to the ship before it sails. We did get our air from DCL so they will get us to the ship. We have 6 cruises behind us and have always gone in at least the night before.
On time about 10 years ago this time of the year we got stuck in Chicago for 37hours due to weather!:scared1:
Thanks for your support I need to get over it since I have no control over it. Sue

If you booked thru DCL you should have no worries, they will get you to the ship!

With everyone talking about when they booked there cruises, it brought back some memories...we were at WDW when the booking window opened, so there I was sitting on my bed with all my maps of the ship and papers in front of me while I waited on hold for almost 2 hours....I had just about given up when the CM finally picked up....I was able to book our favourite stateroom for both cruises.....I was sooooo excited....then Mom and I headed to the food court at Pop Century and ran into our favourite CM at Pop, Sadie, in the Everything Pop store...we told her we were going to Alaska and she was so excited for us....I can't beleive that was back in September 2009 and at this time tomorrow, Mom and I will be on a plane to LA....

I want to take this time to thank EVERYONE for everything they have done to make this cruise (and the Alaska cruise) special.....I don't want to post names because I'm sure I'll forget someone....you all know who you are.

We can't wait to reconnect with friends and meet new friends.....DCL has been great to us and we have met some very special people over the years....it is so much fun to cruise with our Disney Family....

See you all on board on Wednesday....if not beforehand at DL....

Elaine - Safe travels to you and Margaret!

Safe travels to everyone else who is traveling!

Also, a question for those who are staying on for the 5/3 Alaska -- Are there any east coasters who booked their air from Disney? I'm trying to figure out what I can book for a return flight for my August 30 cruise and am wondering how firm the 12pm suggested departure time is. I really would prefer not to red-eye back and I can't take the extra day out of work. There's routing to BOS via AC through Toronto that is scheduled to get me into BOS the same night, but it would require either an 11:00am or 11:30am departure out of YVR. Since I'd be clearing immigration in Toronto instead of pre-clearing in YVR, I would be more comfortable with the 11am flight to give an extra 1/2 hr cushion in Toronto. Is it truly feasible, though? I had an earlier-than-recommended flight out of LHR for the Baltic and guest services put me in the first debarkation group and I had plenty of time at LHR before my flight. So is Disney Air booking people on any flights before noon on debarkation day?

YVR usually recommends getting to the airport 2 hours ahead of time, so that would put you at the airport around 9 or 9:30am. If you're taking the DCL shuttle, I'm guessing they're letting you off first and will take you straight to the airport (45-60 minute drive in traffic, 30 minutes if there's none). It will probably be tight (but doable), but since DCL booked you on the flight, they probably have a plan to make sure you get to the airport on-time :thumbsup2

We leave on Monday, but I'm getting very excited and it seems like I have so much stuff to do (even though I pretty much only have to pack - everything else is taken care of, except for cleaning the apartment for the cat sitter....). My sister & BIL are visiting this weekend so I'm sure it will go by even faster...

So far we have 1 large (and I mean LARGE) suitcase that's empty (for DLR purchases and online purchases I made & had shipped to the Grand Californian) and our two rolling carry-ons. I'm still trying to figure out if we need our nice garment bag as well (I was unable to find a formal maternity dress, so I'm stuck with my black wrap dress that I'll have to dress up with jewelry, but DH still has his nice suit jacket & pants). This is the most amount of luggage we've EVER packed for ANY trip (usually we're light packers!).

:lmao::lmao::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

2 of us and I am wondering how we will get everything into 4 checked bags, 2 carry on bags and the "personal" bags.... :scared1:

And that is before you get on the cruise and buy all the souvenirs and "stuff" from the shop on board. Then you need about 10 checked bags getting off (I am guessing 10 based on all the packages I saw on your couch from the room tour not too long ago! :rotfl:)

We booked Air Canada from YVR to PHL (via Toronto). We found it offered the best options (and price) at the time (for us). If DCL books you on a flight prior to Noon ... I would not fret. It's THEIR responsibility to get you to the airport on time. Remember, in Canada, International flights require you to be at the airport 60 minutes prior to departure. I believe it is less for Domestic flights.

You are correct about DCL booking you. When we were sailed last summer on the Baltic cruisce DCL recommend a time from noon on for your airtravel. We did not book air through DCL but followed the stated recommendation. There were 2 bus loads of us that got off the ship first no offical breakfast but our luggage was separately marked and waiting for us while they were still taking other luggage off the ship. All of us made it to our flight in plenty of time which would not have happened if we had waited to our scheduled disembarcation time.
Sue

I am currently making FLATTIES!

Flatties are a FLAT version of a dear, close, DISer, who you've cruised with before ... likely kept in touch with ... perhaps sailed on a few cruises together ... but who is not able to cruise with you on your current outing. We've likely all met new friends and cohorts on speciality cruises (inaugural, maiden, special itinerary, etc) ... when all of the DisneyCruisePhiles seem to come out of the wookwork!

Steven

Steven... Great Idea!!!

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE TIME?????

I am still wondering HOW I am going to pack everything I own and fit it into 4 checked bags and 2 carryons!!!

When we see each other at the airport at 6:30 AM I will not look like my DIS picture! :scared1: My husband will probably be pulling me along with the rolling carry-ons... or pushing me in a wheelchair with the carry-ons in my lap!!! :rotfl2: I may be a real Space Cadet by then!

We will be wearing our hiking boots, wearing our flannel shirts and looking like something out of the woods!!! :yay:

A CRAZY Question...

Does anyone know if DCL will store your empty luggage for you once you unpack it? :confused3

We will have so much luggage I know there will be no room (and the beds on the Wonder are lower than those on the Dream).

Somehow, I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask just to see if anyone knows?

Thanks!

A CRAZY Question...

Does anyone know if DCL will store your empty luggage for you once you unpack it? :confused3

We will have so much luggage I know there will be no room (and the beds on the Wonder are lower than those on the Dream).

Somehow, I doubt it, but I thought I'd ask just to see if anyone knows?

Thanks!

I don't think they will, but I've always managed to get my suitcase under the bed on the Magic & the Wonder.

Since we are on the 'Does anyone know?'

1. I don't know about ponchos. Sorry!
2. I don't know about storing luggage elsewhere. Sorry!

3. Does anyone know... we changed our stateroom 2 days ago. We went from 2519 to 1032. Our luggage tags say 2519. Should I just take a sharpie to them or watch the mail for new ones?

Getting so excited about our trip next week! I started online check in yesterday and as I was inputting all of our passports, I realized that my daughter's passport was expired!!!!!!!!:sad2: Note to all of you - but then, you all seem way more on top of things than me - US Passports are only good for 5 years for children. I just assumed that they were good for 10 years.

Thank goodness, they opened a regional passport office in San Diego just two weeks ago and I scrambled and got us all down there this morning to get her passport done. Will be ready for pick up on Monday. :woohoo:

Finished all of our FE gifts and got our FE in the mail the other day. Starting to feel real now!

Can't wait to see everyone on board!

Phyllis

Hillary, you can either change your or, wait till you get to the pier and just get blanks from the porters. Which I think is better, because there is other information on the tag and your bag may take the scenic trip arounf the decks before it gets to your new stateroom

The haunting drew us to the Queen Mary. We love the Ghost Hunters :happytv:

We'll let you know how it was next Weds :thumbsup2

We booked opening day too - time certainly has flown!

The haunting drew me to the night Alcatraz tour. Unfortunately my wife drew me to a 10 AM tour!

It's funny - in one sense the time has flown, but so much has happened in that time frame! I was laid off, found another job, and am laid off again. My daughter has learned to drive and made me take her on a bunch of college tours, driving over 2,000 miles on one trip! Although she is still in high school, thanks to a program in Washington state she has been attending a community college and is on track to earn an associate degree simultaneous to her high school diploma. And I could list a thousand other things if I wanted to waste that much time!

On the bad news part I mentioned above, does anybody here know of a network administrator / system administrator job opening?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter