04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Good News: I was just able to make reservations!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Bad News: There are no Palo Brunch or High Tea reservations left :sad2:

Yay! AND Bummer!:confused: Hope everyone gets their excursions, at least. I think they should start letting people make one Palo ressie to let others have a chance. I have read several TRs where some guests eat Palo brunch 3 times and a couple of times for dinner, too.

Yay! AND Bummer!:confused: Hope everyone gets their excursions, at least. I think they should start letting people make one Palo ressie to let others have a chance. I have read several TRs where some guests eat Palo brunch 3 times and a couple of times for dinner, too.

I completely agree with that idea! Although it's sad that you would even have to put a rule like that in place. You would hope that people would be courteous. But then again, those are probably the same people that make 3 dinner ADRs and only use 1 of them :sad2:

I know that they hold back some ressies for Palo so we'll just have to try for brunch when we get on board. I've also seen stuff open up randomly so I know it's a good idea to keep checking the website (when it works ;))

Well I'm at least thankful that there aren't that many excursions we want to do on the repo leg.

All of them would be in San Fran. We've been to Victoria so many times (I was born there) that we will either just stay on the ship or just aimlessly wander around. Might even go to Legislative building and talk to my MLA and see her office. As for Vancouver - been there more times than Victoria - probably just stay on the ship if we are allowed, as we are B2B.

Good idea about the one Palo dinner, at least until all have had a chance to book. After all, the restaurant is only so large. We do enjoy the brunch the best!!!

You can only make 1 brunch and 1 dinner ressie for Palo. You can check every day on the ship and if there are openings then you can go again. Even when we get the private room with a group we are not allowed to book another ressie.

Hi Gydell and Ken and everyone,
Haven't seen much of you guys for quite a while. We have been busy moving to Florida! I was able to get in and book Palo dinner, and 2 excursions-might wind up cancelling 1 of the ressies. I agree with prev. posters that you should only be allowed to book 1 Palo ressie until you get to the ship. It would make some people very unhappy, but more fair for everyone. :thumbsup2 I also think it is unbelievable that Palo brunch and tea filled up so quickly :headache::sad2::mad:
If anyone needs people to fill a Palo ressie for ANYTHING, Greg and I would be happy to accomadate you!

We were also able to book the excursions we wanted...sad there were no Palo brunch reservations...will try onboard...

We made our ressies finally once the site came up. We got a couples villa in the spa for the 2nd sea day (we figured we would probably enjoy the verandah hot tub more while were still closer to CA than to Alaska :lmao:). We got a Palo dinner for the same night. We got excursions in each port. We booked the Muir Woods hike (Jason really wants to see the redwoods, etc.) and the adults Alcatraz (we MAY cancel our San Fran excursions because we may decide to do the city on our own or with our friend, Johanna, but we thought better safe than sorry) and in Victoria we're doing the Creatures of Air & Sea (which is butterflies and the aquarium) because I love any excursion with animals or high activity level. We are plannign on doing the suspended bridge excursion in Vancouver, too, which says it's for "onboard bookings"...but I didn't see it listed so I'm assuming you have to wait until you're on the ship to book that tour.

Forgot to mention...we don't care about brunch so we weren't sorry to miss that...although we really enjoyed High Tea on the WBTA so I hope there is one available for the Alaska Cruise.

Hi Gydell and Ken and everyone,
Haven't seen much of you guys for quite a while. We have been busy moving to Florida! I was able to get in and book Palo dinner, and 2 excursions-might wind up cancelling 1 of the ressies. I agree with prev. posters that you should only be allowed to book 1 Palo ressie until you get to the ship. It would make some people very unhappy, but more fair for everyone. :thumbsup2 I also think it is unbelievable that Palo brunch and tea filled up so quickly :headache::sad2::mad:
If anyone needs people to fill a Palo ressie for ANYTHING, Greg and I would be happy to accomadate you!

I pm'd you.

Any word if they will have anything special to give out for the Alaskan Inaugural Cruise, as they do for every other 1st time cruise they have?

just Wonder(ing)... get it....:lmao:

Robin & Angel "D" :thumbsup2

All of them would be in San Fran. We've been to Victoria so many times (I was born there) that we will either just stay on the ship or just aimlessly wander around. Might even go to Legislative building and talk to my MLA and see her office. As for Vancouver - been there more times than Victoria - probably just stay on the ship if we are allowed, as we are B2B.

Ah, but you have to get off in Vancouver to join us for the "Japadog" run!:lmao:

I couldn't check the site till my lunch hour, but did manage to book a Palo dinner (there are still plenty left for a table for two), and booked it on the first sea day. Have to check with my other solo pals to see about moving/combining/tweeking Palo dining. AND I'm always available to fill an empty seat!

We made our ressies finally once the site came up. We got a couples villa in the spa for the 2nd sea day (we figured we would probably enjoy the verandah hot tub more while were still closer to CA than to Alaska :lmao:). We got a Palo dinner for the same night. We got excursions in each port. We booked the Muir Woods hike (Jason really wants to see the redwoods, etc.) and the adults Alcatraz (we MAY cancel our San Fran excursions because we may decide to do the city on our own or with our friend, Johanna, but we thought better safe than sorry) and in Victoria we're doing the Creatures of Air & Sea (which is butterflies and the aquarium) because I love any excursion with animals or high activity level. We are plannign on doing the suspended bridge excursion in Vancouver, too, which says it's for "onboard bookings"...but I didn't see it listed so I'm assuming you have to wait until you're on the ship to book that tour.

Can I ask where you are seeing excursions for Vancouver....I checked and all I get are listing for San Francisco and Victoria.

Ah, but you have to get off in Vancouver to join us for the "Japadog" run!:lmao:

The what???? First I have heard of this. If I get off the ship in Vancouver it might be to exchange suitcases. Or to play tour guide. Might be able to get my uncle to bring my minivan to the port when we are there and take it back to my dad's place when we embark.

Well I'm at least thankful that there aren't that many excursions we want to do on the repo leg.

Since you have been to Victoria, what would you recommend for a group with 3 adults and 4 kids close to the port? The kids have varying interests and we probably will do it on our own. I guess the same for Vancouver,since we will only have a short time there. Also, we have nixed the train to Seattle to catch the red eye out, do you have any recommendations for bus service to Seatac? Thanks!!!

Hey all... FINALLY life is slowing down a bit and I have time to focus on this upcoming trip! Our trip in December to WDW was wonderful as usual, and this week my ex husband is taking his "share" of our posessions and will be out of our lives for good. This cruise will be a great one for me and my boys... we are all SO excited about it, and are chomping at the bit to get there!

We are going in the Saturday prior staying at VGC and doing a bit of the parks and pool before heading off on the cruise, so it will be the absolute perfect trip! They are incredibly good kids (which I hope you will attest to, when you meet us on board!) so I am not terribly worried about doing it alone with 2 four year olds!

I am DYING to see the excursions... and decide if I am going to book any, or go it on our own. But since we have only ever done one DCL before, we have to wait until Feb 11th to take a peek.

Looking forward to it... and plan on being on the boards a lot more, now that it's the next holiday on our agenda and quickly approaching!!!

and in Victoria we're doing the Creatures of Air & Sea (which is butterflies and the aquarium) because I love any excursion with animals or high activity level. We are plannign on doing the suspended bridge excursion in Vancouver, too, which says it's for "onboard bookings"...but I didn't see it listed so I'm assuming you have to wait until you're on the ship to book that tour.

The butterfly gardens that used to be in Victoria were fabulous. Not sure what the new ones are like.

If it is Capilano Suspension bridge in Vancouver, we really like that one. We have been there a few times including our last time in October 2009.
144029.jpg

154923.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter