04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

I can't get the first link to work, but I found this info...

Baggage Storage Services Baggage storage services are provided at Canada Place by CDS Baggage. Tel: 604.303.4500 I would NOT recommend going back and forth to the airport to store bags, IF your touring is downtown (you wouldn’t be touring by the airport ). It is at least a 30 min. cab ride and $25++ each way. Very costly in time and money for a day visit.

Is this the info you found?

I can't get the first link to work, but I found this info...

Baggage Storage Services Baggage storage services are provided at Canada Place by CDS Baggage. Tel: 604.303.4500 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************604.303.4500******end_of_the_skype_highlighting I would NOT recommend going back and forth to the airport to store bags, IF your touring is downtown (you wouldn’t be touring by the airport ). It is at least a 30 min. cab ride and $25++ each way. Very costly in time and money for a day visit.

Is this the info you found?

It is! Sorry the link doesn't work for you, I just tried it and it still worked for me. :confused3 It comes up and looks like a generic info page, but if you scroll down there is a Q&A on the subject.

It is! Sorry the link doesn't work for you, I just tried it and it still worked for me. :confused3 It comes up and looks like a generic info page, but if you scroll down there is a Q&A on the subject.

Too Funny! The site must have been down for maintenance. It works just fine now!!! :rotfl2:

I'm thinking with all the layers of clothing I'll be bringing, there won't be much room for special attire. At least no pirate gear for me and certainly no 'gown' for formal night...so you all may be seeing the same sparkly top for formal and semi-formal nights for both legs of the B2B! :lmao:

I plan on bringing my dress uniform to wear for formal night and it folds into a nice manageable square and all I need to do is purchase my mini medals for it. My wife is upset because she still has to decide what she wants to wear.

We are looking forward to dressing up for the cruise. I love getting the family all dressed up. It'll be interesting to see how the luggage space works out :eek:

Now if we can just come up with a way to turn pirate gear into formal wear? I bet you'd be the girl to manage that too!

I plan on bringing my dress uniform to wear for formal night and it folds into a nice manageable square and all I need to do is purchase my mini medals for it. My wife is upset because she still has to decide what she wants to wear.

I love it when guests in the services wear their dress uniforms! Also love it when the Scottsmen wear kilts!

Now if we can just come up with a way to turn pirate gear into formal wear? I bet you'd be the girl to manage that too!

I love it when guests in the services wear their dress uniforms! Also love it when the Scottsmen wear kilts!

well, since my pirate outfit involves a simple black skirt, I could add a fancy top and use it for formal night. Or the pirate top is actually reversible to a Canadian princess-y top. Just unlace the sleeves to take off the pirate poof, and change to princess flow.
205800.jpg

194327.jpg

But I think I might be a little too Halloweeny in the full princess outfit

I'm sure you'll look really handsome! Tell your wife not to be upset - it's and excuse to go shopping!:lmao: Sometimes that is stressful, though!

I was thinking of it backwards - you can turn formal wear into pirate gear - just rip the sleeves off and put on a cumberbund! :rotfl2:

I love to see all the different ways people dress up! DH won't wear his uniform for formal night - although he did wear it for our wedding - maybe I should remind him.

well, since my pirate outfit involves a simple black skirt, I could add a fancy top and use it for formal night. Or the pirate top is actually reversible to a Canadian princess-y top. Just unlace the sleeves to take off the pirate poof, and change to princess flow.
205800.jpg

194327.jpg

But I think I might be a little too Halloweeny in the full princess outfit

I was wondering what a "Canadian Princess" is, until I saw the pics! I think you could actually pull it off!;)

We are looking forward to dressing up for the cruise. I love getting the family all dressed up. It'll be interesting to see how the luggage space works out :eek:

Yep We will be getting dressed for both Pirate Night and formal night. Break out the Tux!! Heck it will be April/May - that means I only need to bring shorts so packing should be easy... ;)

Yep We will be getting dressed for both Pirate Night and formal night. Break out the Tux!! Heck it will be April/May - that means I only need to bring shorts so packing should be easy... ;)

I always think I need to take care of everyone, so I was going to post to you that San Francisco will be chilly in April, and probably Canada, too! Then I saw where you are from - I guess YOU know! :lmao: DH will probably wear shorts too! Not me - I'll need to dress in layers!:cold:

I always think I need to take care of everyone, so I was going to post to you that San Francisco will be chilly in April, and probably Canada, too! Then I saw where you are from - I guess YOU know! :lmao: DH will probably wear shorts too! Not me - I'll need to dress in layers!:cold:

Yes I'm one of those Crazy Canucks that when it's "chilly" in DL think it's a great time to go ride Splash Mountain! I can remember going on splash Mountain one time and the CM's were wearing parkas as we just kept going round and round on the ride. I'm sure they were wondering about us just as much as we were laughing about the parkas.

15F here today - might put on a sweater when I go out.

However, I would much rather be at Castaway Cay... A place that I haven't found to be too hot yet (but would like to try and spend enough time there to try and find a day when it was).

Whilst in Vancouver I would like to find a Kewl pair of those red Olympic mittens.

Any locals have thoughts?

Whilst in Vancouver I would like to find a Kewl pair of those red Olympic mittens.

Any locals have thoughts?

Scott...I doubt you will be able to find any of the 2010 Olympic mittens anywhere....except as Ken says "eBay". They were sold by one of our national retailers across Canada and I know one of my co-workers had to ship mittens from here to her brother & sister-in-law who live in Vamcouver.

We do have "new" mittens this year, that are the same red material and have a half a maple leaf on each palm so when you put your hands together they make a full maple leaf. If you'd like, Mom will be out running errands tomorrow and can check to see if they are still available.

Scott...I doubt you will be able to find any of the 2010 Olympic mittens anywhere....except as Ken says "eBay". They were sold by one of our national retailers across Canada and I know one of my co-workers had to ship mittens from here to her brother & sister-in-law who live in Vamcouver.

We do have "new" mittens this year, that are the same red material and have a half a maple leaf on each palm so when you put your hands together they make a full maple leaf. If you'd like, Mom will be out running errands tomorrow and can check to see if they are still available.

This maybe my Quest for this trip.

You may want to rethink the shorts or at least bring a few pairs of jeans/long pants. Mark Twain was not kidding when he said the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!:rotfl2: I go back home every year for open day of baseball and it is chilly the sun is out however the temperature never gets much above 65 if we are lucky. Out side SF down on the peninsual or the north or east bay is much warmer which is true all year. Sue

To my fellow cruises that have access to booking DH was asking if there are any shore excursions that are set up so you can book two while in port. Since we don't have access to the times until we book we were trying to plan ahead. We are CC Gold so we get to stay up this Tuesday :banana:night to book our shore excursions. To all our fellow cruisers that are in the current snow/ice belts stay warm and safe. We had flurries yesterday in Williamsburg but nothing was left this morning. Sue

You may want to rethink the shorts or at least bring a few pairs of jeans/long pants. Mark Twain was not kidding when he said the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco!:rotfl2: I go back home every year for open day of baseball and it is chilly the sun is out however the temperature never gets much above 65 if we are lucky. Out side SF down on the peninsual or the north or east bay is much warmer which is true all year. Sue

Sue, it think it is the damp from the ocean that makes 65 feel so cold. Here when it's 65, it's dry and Sunny and alot of us might wear shorts - except in the evening because a cold wind comes up every night.

But, Ken being a guy from a REALLY cold place, he will probably feel like he's having Summer! Guys don't get cold anyway.

Yes I'm one of those Crazy Canucks that when it's "chilly" in DL think it's a great time to go ride Splash Mountain! I can remember going on splash Mountain one time and the CM's were wearing parkas as we just kept going round and round on the ride. I'm sure they were wondering about us just as much as we were laughing about the parkas.

15F here today - might put on a sweater when I go out.

However, I would much rather be at Castaway Cay... A place that I haven't found to be too hot yet (but would like to try and spend enough time there to try and find a day when it was).

IKWYM about the cold. We lived in North Dakota for 3 yrs. When it was 40 during the yearly Febuary "sneak peek" at Spring, we would put our shorts on, go out in the snow and wash our cars and have a BBQ! :rotfl2: It felt so much warmer than the -40 we had the week before!

You could always tell who had just moved there from California - you'd see them out in their Parka at 30 or 40 degrees - bad mistake - how will you stay warm when it does get cold?

No one will ever be too hot or cold at CC, because it is paradise!:cloud9:

Hey everyone, I was just wondering, do we have any meets planned? If we want to do that, do we need to reserve a spot, or just take it over??? I would be glad to do the footwork on that if needed.

Just did PM's to add our inlaws to the fish extender and lanyard list. Hopefully it is not too late. DH & I realized today that we have no idea where our fish extender is. Good thing I've got some time before the cruise to find it or to make a new one.

The countdown is on. Lots to be done before the cruise. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter