04/27/11 DCL's WONDERful LA-VANCOUVER REPO ON THE WAY TO ALAKSA

Good Morning Cruisers!

Weather here is getting better, nice today with high of 56, tomorrow is supposed to be high 60's, maybe even 70.

Leslie and Janis, we do need to all get together at WDW.

Have a great day!

I FINALLY got caught up with the new information... Here you go!

:banana: And... HAPPY FRIDAY!!! :banana:

10/16/09 :sunny: GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!
Thanks for sending all of your information. We have COMBINED ROSTERS REPO + FIRST ALASKA​
:sail: 60 DISers :sail:
39 B2B ~ 11 Repo ~ 10 Alaska ~ 129 Cruisers ~ 18 for Disneyland

THE NEW ROSTER Click Here LOOKS GREAT... NEW FORMAT... WITH PHOTOS...
:yay: THANKS BOB!!! :yay:
This will be updated weekly from the info we have received so far... Click Here to view.

Help us keep the ROSTER up-to-date. Just Send a PM with the following... DIS Name(s), Stateroom(s), First Name(s), Hometown, State/Province, B2B, Dining Main/Late, Visiting Disneyland Before the REPO

If you would like a photo-link on the roster, you can send a link to the picture to us or e-mail the picture to us at DCLAlaskaCruise@aol.com. The photo will be stored on photo bucket.

We had snow a couple of weeks ago in the Mountains near Boise. We chose that day to go "four wheelin'" in our minivan on the back side of the ski lodge mountain. Scarey! Not what we planned to do, but we made it!

You must have been up at Bogus Basin? My parents moved to Boise when I started 9th grade, lived there for about 6 years. My parents now live in Meridian.

I have added a link to your thread on the main index page. Have a great cruise!

And while the ship sails from Victoria after 6:30 pm (last guest aboard), she will not dock in Vancouver until early morning the next day, there isn't any overnight there.

Do you know this for sure? The DCL website only gives a guests ashore time, and it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me for the Wonder to sail in circles when there is an available dock. Furthermore, giving at least some of the crew some shore leave would be good for morale, and a little familiarity with the area would be useful when guests ask them questions on subsequent cruises.

Based on prior sailing itineraries, DCL has said: Overnight in X Port, Such as Barcelona or Madrid or where ever it was in Europe and they say the same for San Fran. And while a pier may be available, perhaps the Longshoremen are not. Just my opinion, and you know everyone has one. Perhaps there is someone on the boards who know more about it than anyone here and can chime in?

Thank you for the welcome :goodvibes:goodvibes

Does anyoneknow how 7620 cabin is? Good/bad location? Cat 7 Navagators Verandah.

Also, I am taking a DCL cruise on 12/3/09 I am wondering if I go to them the DCL rep onboard (if they are still doing this!) if they can put the discount or OBC onto this resv?

Thanks.
Cindy

Looks like we will be joining in too. LOL 4 of us. 2 kids. they will be 4 and 10 at the time of sailing.. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Does anyoneknow how 7620 cabin is? Good/bad location? Cat 7 Navagators Verandah.

Hi Cindy,
I haven't stayed on deck 7, but I expect 7620 will be a nice, quiet cabin. Being aft of the aft elevators, you will have little traffic. And you will have cabins above and below you, so no nearby sources of noise. If you are stuck in your cabin due to kid(s), you'll be in a perfect location to watch fireworks.

The only negative is that the aft thrusters can be noisy. But they are only used for docking and undocking, so they aren't much of an issue at all.

Welcome aboard!

Brian

Hi Cindy,
I haven't stayed on deck 7, but I expect 7620 will be a nice, quiet cabin. Being aft of the aft elevators, you will have little traffic. And you will have cabins above and below you, so no nearby sources of noise. If you are stuck in your cabin due to kid(s), you'll be in a perfect location to watch fireworks.

The only negative is that the aft thrusters can be noisy. But they are only used for docking and undocking, so they aren't much of an issue at all.

Welcome aboard!

Brian

Thanks Brian. 7620 was originally cat'ed as cat 5 but was downgraded to cat 7 due to it being obstructed (it appears to me this hasn't changed in over 5 yrs. If you look at travelocity and others they catagorize this as cat 5). I am wondering how obstructed this is? We were in 6134 on our last DCL cruise and that obstruction was very minor. Sorry didn't specify in original post.

Cindy

You must have been up at Bogus Basin? My parents moved to Boise when I started 9th grade, lived there for about 6 years. My parents now live in Meridian.

Yup! It was the backside. I love, love, love it here! I have to go back to Oregon next week - I'm not looking forward to it, but I think we may retire here in a few years.

We just booked this cruise today. It's 2 of us w/o children.

Cindy:littleangel:

Welcome Aboard! pirate:

Looks like we will be joining in too. LOL 4 of us. 2 kids. they will be 4 and 10 at the time of sailing.. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!

Welcome! This is a friendly bunch! :banana:

Thank you for the welcome :goodvibes:goodvibes

Also, I am taking a DCL cruise on 12/3/09 I am wondering if I go to them the DCL rep onboard (if they are still doing this!) if they can put the discount or OBC onto this resv?

Thanks.
Cindy

Here you go! http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/roomreport.cfm?Room=7620

You can just google the cabin number and ship, and if there is a report out there it will show up!

The weather here is beautiful today - hi 60's and sunshine! :cool1: I'm spending way too much time looking at Victoria/Vancouver info over the past week! I hate getting all the planning done so early, cuz then you just wait. :rolleyes:

Been Kinda MIA with work and travel, heading to WDW on 10/22 so only three days of work or 40 plus hours LOL so I need a vacation....

Anyway, welcome to all the folks who recently signed up for this cruise, it will be a great one for sure....

Hi everyone, Just found this thread. My sister and I are going to do the B2B, with my parents meeting up for the Alaska cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter