01/02/2014 Disney Magic 3 Night - Miami

Welcome!!!! :cheer2::welcome::cheer2:

Glad that you are joining us!! Jump on in! It's a short thread so it won't take you long to get caught up! :rotfl2:

Hi all! So glad there is a group meet thread going for this cruise. :cool1:

I will be cruising with (but not rooming with all these people! :crowded:) my brother, my aunt, uncle and four cousins, and my aunt's parents. The fun thing is - - this is a surprise for my cousins that we're coming! My brother and I are heading to WDW for New Years Eve and we didn't think we could make the cruise, too, since at the time we were driving (from Iowa). Well, as luck would have it, Allegiant came out with an AWESOME fare so we're flying, AND the flight doesn't leave Orlando until late afternoon, which gives us plenty of time to get off the boat in Miami and head back up to Orlando before our flight. So it was fate. :cheer2:

We're keeping it a secret from the cousins; they have been asking us to go with them and we said we can't - but they'll be surprised when we show up at their house the night before the cruise!! :dance3: Should be a great surprise.

I confess I haven't read the whole thread yet :scared: but are we doing a FE exchange? I did my first one on the Fantasy this past summer and it was SO fun. I really enjoyed it; it was neat coming back to the room and finding little treasures from everyone. I'm on the fence if I want to do it this time, however, since we're flying and will have limited space for bags but I *might* ship the gifts to our resort at Disney, then drive them down with us. That would work.

Can't wait to get to know everyone!! We had a great group on the Fantasy; it was nice to run into people during the week and have people to visit with. If people are agreeable to this, maybe we could have a quick meet in DLounge or somewhere else on the ship on the first night.

Have a great day, all! :cheer2:

Pershing, will your boys be joining the teen/young adult clubs? Mine likely will not... Maybe we can intro them if they are willing as they are close in age.

:welcome: DWGAL210!

So glad you got the airfare you needed. Apparently, alot of us are 'surprising' people with this cruise. It'll be interesting to see who 'caves' and tells ahead of time. We need to 'fess up if we do!

.....isn't your Aunt's parents your Grand parents or is.....ok, I get it! She's your Aunt by marriage. :scratchin

Yes, we have a small FE group so far. Let me know if you want to join and I'll add you in a jiffy.

We haven't talked about a meet yet. We have talked about a private mixology class though! :drinking1

Yes, I am going to try my hardest not to spill the beans! They actually live in Florida so I don't see them all that often, which makes surprise-keeping easier. What WILL be hard is seeing the kids at Christmas the week before and not saying anything!

Yep, you're right, aunt by marriage! :thumbsup2

I'll make my decision about the FE this weekend and let you know soon - I'm trying to come up with a FE gift that is small-ish, not too pricey and good for a whole family. Good luck with that, right?! :rotfl:

The mixology class would be FUN!

I just read up on the Mixology class. That sounds like fun! Do you book the Mixology on the cruise or in advance? I am not a drinker so DH will be drinking most of mine. :drinking1

The champagne tasting might also be fun! Are they both offered on a 3 day cruise? The whole no sea day thing really changes things, I feel out of the loop on this shorter itinerary. :)
J.

I just read up on the Mixology class. That sounds like fun! Do you book the Mixology on the cruise or in advance? I am not a drinker so DH will be drinking most of mine. :drinking1

The champagne tasting might also be fun! Are they both offered on a 3 day cruise? The whole no sea day thing really changes things, I feel out of the loop on this shorter itinerary. :)
J.

Well, I remember when they were getting up and going for the last cruise. One person organized it ahead of time and she said you had to have a least 15 people for a private mixology class.

I shot an email off to Kelsie at dreamsunlimited to see if its possible for this cruise. I think every cruise has tastings and mixology classes of some kind. You can't book them ahead of time and have to sign up at guest services upon boarding. Unfortunately, you don't know the times ahead of time.

btw we ended up with 40 people joining our private mixology class and it was a blast!

232323232%7Ffp5435%3A%3Enu%3D32%3A8%3E7%3A6%3E762%3EWSNRCG%3D395799595432%3Cnu0mrj

I think they do have a champagne tasting. I did a margarita and tequila tasting that was mostly tequila and realized I don't like tequila!

Pershing, will your boys be joining the teen/young adult clubs? Mine likely will not... Maybe we can intro them if they are willing as they are close in age.

My youngest is always at Vibe. I never see him the whole cruise except for a lump in the bed. My middle one is the one with autism and if I don't take him to Vibe during the open house, he doesn't go on his own for the rest of the cruise. Last time he went alot though. He's not into the social stuff just enjoys sitting in those pods they have and pushing the various media buttons.

He's also a big movie goer and sees all the movies they have to offer. Hey, do you think they'll be showing 'Saving Mr. Banks' when we sail? I would love that!

My oldest aged out but really likes the 18 to 21 group. However, they didn't meet alot so he was at loose ends some of the time.

I would love them to meet! :cool1:But it would have to be right away the first day before they all go their separate ways. lol

My youngest is always at Vibe. I never see him the whole cruise except for a lump in the bed. My middle one is the one with autism and if I don't take him to Vibe during the open house, he doesn't go on his own for the rest of the cruise. Last time he went alot though. He's not into the social stuff just enjoys sitting in those pods they have and pushing the various media buttons.

He's also a big movie goer and sees all the movies they have to offer. Hey, do you think they'll be showing 'Saving Mr. Banks' when we sail? I would love that!

My oldest aged out but really likes the 18 to 21 group. However, they didn't meet alot so he was at loose ends some of the time.

I would love them to meet! :cool1:But it would have to be right away the first day before they all go their separate ways. lol

I totally love your kids already! (LOL, that is not meant to sound creeper-ish) It sounds as if they are all very accepting of those with differences, as both of my teens have LDs and have been dx'd on and off the spectrum a few times (long story there)... my 16yo son loves being w/a group, but is not a joiner (does that make any sense?) so typically ends up hanging with us, although if he had someone to "drag" him along, he would be in his glory... my daughter struggles socially as well...

Anyway, all that to say, yes, let's try to get them together early on the first day :)

Well, there's no Castaway Cay to glog up the schedule! :sad:

:sad: I am crying right along with you! :sad: I wish the captain would just say screw Key West and Nassau and take us to Castaway Cay for a day and then float around at sea for a day... then we could have our brunch.

I really have to get over it though don't I?!!! :confused3

:rotfl2:

This looks like fun!! DH announced tonight that he doesn't like mixed drinks... what a bummer. He will drink rum straight though so if there is a rum tasting event he would be all over that.

Well, I remember when they were getting up and going for the last cruise. One person organized it ahead of time and she said you had to have a least 15 people for a private mixology class.

I shot an email off to Kelsie at dreamsunlimited to see if its possible for this cruise. I think every cruise has tastings and mixology classes of some kind. You can't book them ahead of time and have to sign up at guest services upon boarding. Unfortunately, you don't know the times ahead of time.

btw we ended up with 40 people joining our private mixology class and it was a blast!

232323232%7Ffp5435%3A%3Enu%3D32%3A8%3E7%3A6%3E762%3EWSNRCG%3D395799595432%3Cnu0mrj

I think they do have a champagne tasting. I did a margarita and tequila tasting that was mostly tequila and realized I don't like tequila!

I would love to join a mixology class. My 21 year old daughter and 24 yr old dil would too! Let me know if you get a private one set up! Who is in charge of the fe? Can they check to see if I am on the list?

DH & I would gladly ditch the kids for a fun mixology class with all of you! Count us in if someone can make it happen :)

I'm interested in the mixology class! I bet my aunt and her stepmom would also be interested, I'll talk to them. :thumbsup2

Wow! :eek: the prices for our cruise just shot up!

First available cat. For 4 people is 10 now at over $2200!

I guess people are willing to drive to Miami after all.

I would love to join a mixology class. My 21 year old daughter and 24 yr old dil would too! Let me know if you get a private one set up! Who is in charge of the fe? Can they check to see if I am on the list?

I can definitely add you to the FE List. :pixiedust:

Updated (10/14/13) FE:
FE LIST
gigi1313
barbeaujo
pershing
Mickeysgirlz
krazy4Crusing
DCLInauguralXMAS

I've sent DCL an email re: the Mixology Class. No answer yet. :(

I don't think Gigi has a reservation yet. She was rolling the dice for an IGT.

Which she might get with 3 people but def not four. Prices are screaming up on four.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter