• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

«« When Will Park Hours For _____ Be Posted?

So last year, it looks like MK's hours switched to an 8 am opening in December. Is there any idea as to if and/or when that might occur this year?

We are going this year in dec 20 - 27th and I am trying to plan but I am not sure how the park hours really work...when do you know if then close at 3am and what parks stay late...is just the park open or attractions as well....This would be a big help in my planning...TIA!!!!

They change it as it gets closer. Last summer MK was opened until 12am and EMH were till 2am, then they changed it the day of to 1:00am and EMH was until 3:00am. On your dates I have seen EMH PM go 1-3am and EMH AM 7-8a those dates.

So when it says MK closes at 8pm, but Wishes is at 8pm, does that mean all the rides close at 8pm, but the park is still open until after the fireworks? Trying to understand all this, planning my first trip for mid-nov.!

So when it says MK closes at 8pm, but Wishes is at 8pm, does that mean all the rides close at 8pm, but the park is still open until after the fireworks? Trying to understand all this, planning my first trip for mid-nov.!

The rides close their lines at 8pm, but if you are already in line, they do not make you leave, you get to stay and ride. Additionally, main street stores do not close until the park is empty. So if the park closes at 8pm with wishes also being held at 8: at 8pm, the rides will no longer let anyone new in line and wishes will start. After wishes is over, the masses will start leaving the park but the stores will still be open (and busy). The stores on main street are usually open an hour after park "closing".

Any idea when April park hours will be released, I know it's pretty far in advance just looking for a generalized answer

They change it as it gets closer. Last summer MK was opened until 12am and EMH were till 2am, then they changed it the day of to 1:00am and EMH was until 3:00am. On your dates I have seen EMH PM go 1-3am and EMH AM 7-8a those dates.

Thanks so much for the info...one more thing...how do you find out that they stay open on the same day...do they post or make an announcement? TIA!

Thanks so much for the info...one more thing...how do you find out that they stay open on the same day...do they post or make an announcement? TIA!

Our bus driver both in the morning and when we went back for fast passes that evening told us that the park would be open for us until 3:00am through EMH. I even questioned her I said "Wait the park is open until midnight I thought?" She said that they got word they extended to 1:00am and for resort guests it was 3:00am and how long the buses would run post park closing. In that case we were told getting off the bus. The resort had the park hours posted by the pool and when we left that morning it was 9a-12a. So I was shocked when we got there they had changed the hours. And doing that 3am EMH, you would think the bus line was short, we didn't get back until 4:00-4:15a from MK that night. We fell asleep on the way back. And crashed the moment got back to the room. I had to carry my then 80lb+ niece to the room because I couldn't wake her up at all.

can anyone tell me why Disneys site is releasing February hours day by day as opposed to the whole month? Yes, I know TA schedule is out, and I have had that. Just curious why Disney is doing it day by day, as it hasn't in the past.

I am going Dec 3-12, should I keep checking to see if MK goes all 8 a.m. Or is that more of a late Dec thing?

I'm going in jan with my gf and I'm a little bummed out it says MK is only open till 8 PM most nights. We are staying on property and did this past June and loved staying in the park till about 3am with the EMH. Does anyone think the hours will eventually be extended? I'm going marathon week....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter