ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
sahmoffour said:
We just need to liven this thread up! (Although a time machine would be nice!)

How about a question of the day..... What are you most looking forward to this trip?

Trying to keep expectation low for LO's first trip since they are only 4 and 2. This way if we face melt down city it won't seem too horrible :)

Most looking forward to the inevitable glimmer of Disney magic in each of my kids' eyes (in between meltdowns of course).

Selfishly I'm looking forward to Beast's Castle and the New Fantasyland! Also, as much as I am looking forward to the "family" vacation I am jealous of your adult only trip!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How about a question of the day..... What are you most looking forward to this trip?

Yay for the QOTD! :banana:

I am most looking forward to...

....visiting both Disney waterparks for the first time (and seeing which one ends up being our favourite)

....dipping my toes in the ocean for the first time

....and enjoying a couple of resort days with my boys. Sleeping in, relaxing, pool hopping at the Vistana, with no schedule whatsoever :thumbsup2

Hey Everyone,

Haven't post for a while. Waiting for our 180 days to make the ADR's. Received a pin in the mail and AoA isn't included, so we moved to Pop instead.

Following are our ADR's for our stay:

8/23 - Aloha Spirit Dinner Show 8:00pm

8/24 - Brown Derby F! Package 11:30am
50's Prime Time Café 6:25pm

8/25 - CRT 1:00pm
1900 Park Fare 6:40pm

8/26- Crystal Palace 8:30am
Mama Melrose F! Package 3:50pm

8/27 - Akershus 9:25am
Teppan Edo 1:00pm
Le Cellier 7:00pm

8/28 - Yak & Yeti 2:30pm
Hoop Dee Doo 8:30pm

8/29 - Liberty Tree Tavern 11:30am
BOG 6:05pm

8/30 - Boma 7:45am
Coral Reef 1:00pm
Garden Grill 7:00pm

8/31 - Tusker House 8:00am
Sci-Fi 2:00pm
La Hacienda 8:30pm

9/1 - O'Hana 7:30am
T-Rex 1:30pm

Received a pin in the mail and AoA isn't included, so we moved to Pop instead.

Do you mind me asking when you received the pin? I'm hoping to get one, but wasn't sure if they were still being sent out. Also, do you know if the Poly was included in it? TIA!

As for me, I can't wait to finally go on rides with dh. With 4 kids, we always have to divide and conquer so we've never been able to ride anything sitting beside one another. :laughing: I also can't wait to be able to go to some of the amazing restaurants and really enjoy it since we won't be distracting kids or cutting up food, etc.

We are looking forward to traveling with another family for the first time:) We also will be staying at BWV and 1 night at AOA for our first time as well. C'mon August!

sahmoffour said:

As for me, I can't wait to finally go on rides with dh. With 4 kids, we always have to divide and conquer so we've never been able to ride anything sitting beside one another. :laughing: I also can't wait to be able to go to some of the amazing restaurants and really enjoy it since we won't be distracting kids or cutting up food, etc.

I'm looking forward to walking over to the IG from the BC for the first time (always one of my favorite moments on our first day!).

The Wild Africa Trek

Our resort day at Poly - we rented a cabana and have ADRs at Kona and Ohana

Just being back in my happy place :)

sahmoffour said:

Trying to keep expectation low for LO's first trip since they are only 4 and 2. This way if we face melt down city it won't seem too horrible :)

Most looking forward to the inevitable glimmer of Disney magic in each of my kids' eyes (in between meltdowns of course).

Selfishly I'm looking forward to Beast's Castle and the New Fantasyland! Also, as much as I am looking forward to the "family" vacation I am jealous of your adult only trip!

My youngest was 2 in December for his first trip and I knew I had really high expectations! We watched a lot of videos of kids meeting the characters because I dreaded his being afraid of them. I'm not sure if that was the reason, but he loved all the characters! The only one that freaked him out was Ralph! It was kind of funny actually. And we took some afternoon breaks for naps because that normally when meltdown time would happen. It killed me since I'm a Disney commando at heart, but it was well worth it to have a happy toddler! I'm sure it will be a magical trip for everyone!

Do you mind me asking when you received the pin? I'm hoping to get one, but wasn't sure if they were still being sent out. Also, do you know if the Poly was included in it? TIA!

I received the pin about 7 weeks ago. Not sure if Poly is included though?!:confused3

Ha! That is a great idea. I will definitely do that. We have been watching Wishes on YouTube and I am thinking I searching for YouTube of Pirates and other rides they might be scared to try so maybe they will do them. But I am trying to also be fully prepared to do Dumbo, Monorail, and the MK train on repeat haha.

The Question Of The Day Is......

What is your #1 favorite ride? For those that haven't been, what ride are you most looking forward to going on?

My favorite ride is Splash Mtn. Mostly because it's the one I remember best from going as a child.

What is your #1 favorite ride? For those that haven't been, what ride are you most looking forward to going on?

My favorite ride is Splash Mtn. Mostly because it's the one I remember best from going as a child.

What do you mean #1 favorite?! I am only allowed to pick just one? That being the case I pick the mountains in MK which I am counting as just one because I didn't name them all!:rotfl2:

Disneylover99 said:
Looking forward to BOG for lunch and finally touring new Fantasyland

Looking forward to BOG and Stormalong Bay at the Yacht Club!

ADRs are all done. In fact I have already changed 3 of them:laughing:!
Let me know if someone is dining around the same time so maybe we can say hello to one another.
8/24 - HOOP DEE DOO 8:30 show My daughter's favorite show, next to Wicked of course.
8/25 - Akershaus 10:45 Sort of a brunch thing. My spouse loves their potatoes.
8/26 - Sci- Fi 11:45 Lunch before heading back to the hotel to get out of the midday heat.
Narcoossee- 6:00 p.m. Our new place to try. Saw the prices and got sticker shock. Thank you dining plan.
8/27 - Via Napoli 7:45 Pizza, need I say more?
8/28 - Yachtman's Steakhouse 6:30 Going for the creamed spinach .
8/29 - Biergarten 6 :30 Another of my spouses favorite places. Try the beer flight if you go here.
8/30 - Tony's in MK 5:45 I'm not a huge fan of this place, but again my spouse and daughter both like it.
8/31 - Trail's End 1:30 A place to have vittles after horseback riding.
9/1 - Be Our Guest 6:00 What a hassle getting this ADR was, as some of you already know. Took days for this restaurant to load into the system.
9/2 - Rose and Crown 7:45 Our annual tradition. We always eat here on our last night and watch the fireworks.
Well that's all of them, likely, probably, maybe...:confused3

I received the pin about 7 weeks ago. Not sure if Poly is included though?!:confused3

Thanks for the info! I knew there were pins sent out a while ago, I was just hoping there was a new round - so I could start stalking my mailman ;)

I think I'm going to have to just go with a AAA discount for now - it drives me crazy waiting for deals!

What is your #1 favorite ride?

Tough one! Can I do one for each park?

AK - Expedition Everest
HS - Tower of Terror
EP - Soarin'
MK - Philharmagic (which isn't actually a ride, but my favorite attraction - so Disney!!)

The ride I am most looking forward to trying but don't know if it will happen with this trip since we have the toddlers is Soarin'

My favorite is Illuminations.

If I'm choosing a ride from my previous visits it is space Mountain I think. Tough choice- it has been so long since I had a Disney World trip.

OMG-I can't believe it! We are 99% certain that we are changing our Nov trip to the last week of Aug. However, we are still figuring out the arrival and departure day so we haven't changed our booking yet. I've been making ADRs for the weekdays that I know we will be there. It's been a pain since I need to do it each day since we can't do the 180 +10. I was disappointed earlier today because I missed out on the perfect 5:05 ADR for 8/29 at Ohana due to a computer glitch. I called up and tried that way and it was gone. :(

But things are looking up! I was playing around on the website looking to see what was available for Wed, 8/28 for dinner. We were still undecided with our park plans for that day. To my surprise, there was a 4:20 available for BOG!!!!!! :cool1: This was on our list but we didn't have our hopes up for actually getting an ADR!!!!!!! It's a little early for dinner but we'll grab a granola bar for breakfast in the room and do an early CS for lunch!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter