ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which parade is your favorite and why? :rotfl
Haven't been in 28 years, but I have great memmories of the electric lights parade at MK.

Finally I found someone who has been waiting to go back longer then me!

I do remember spectromagic but only because of the music

My favourite nighttime shows are the Electrical Parade and of course fantasmic :) :wizard:

Which parade is your favorite and why?

We don't really make a point of seeing the parades. In fact in 7 family trips we've never seen the one at AK:confused3
My kids were all about rides, rides, rides. I *just* saw Festival of the Lion King last trip!! I LOVED it. So now I am forcing them to slow down for parades and shows. We'll make sure to see the parade at AK this time:)

pigletto.....did you find out yet if your son will get to take part in the Mardi Gras parade at Universal??

pigletto.....did you find out yet if your son will get to take part in the Mardi Gras parade at Universal??

No word yet! The submissions have to be in by the end of the day on Fridays for the following weeks parade. So that would be this Friday coming up. I imagine they make their selections after that. Fingers crossed!:)

Can I join? Just finished booking the flights so it's now official!!

It's our first adult-only trip to WDW so I'm super excited about this one! We went with our 4 kids for the first time Sept 2011, then again Dec 2012 so it'll be our 3rd time there.

We're going Aug.23-30, staying at most likely Yacht Club. Hoping to get resort/tickets booked tomorrow!

I love the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade. It's so beautiful!! I love the music. DS can take or leave the parades but I love them.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

The day you arrive and the day you depart the World will you hang at the hotel pool or squeeze in a park visit? How much time do you expect to have at either location on those days?

Loreli said:
QUESTION OF THE DAY

The day you arrive and the day you depart the World will you hang at the hotel pool or squeeze in a park visit? How much time do you expect to have at either location on those days?

We will do parks that day. We land at 9:45am and I am making an ADR for an Epcot restaurant that night. Prior to that we may do HS since it's a low crowd day that day. We are staying at BC so both parks are accessible for a few hours each. We may also decide to eat at B&C and swim for a bit.

mrstomrice said:
Forgot to add that I was only able to make our arival day adr online. There seems to be a glitch with a DVC reservation and booking online dining at 180+10. Thank goodness I read about it on the Dis so I was prepared for the worse. I was able to get every adr I wanted, exactly when I asked except for a 15 minute difference at BOG. I was on the phone for 19 minutes from beginning to end, including a 3 minute wait to talk to a human:) I think you might talk to someone faster if you tell them you don't have your reservation number. Otherwise you have to go through more automated choices before getting to a human anyway. Have a credit card ready, ages of children, and request your adrs in order of importance (I booked BOG first, then Fantasmic.)

Good luck! Come join us on the Disboards Aug FB page!https://www.facebook.com/home.php?filter=nf#!/groups/309089562540839/

So glad it was quick and easy for you! I have heard lately that the wait times were bad, but it seems like maybe they are finally figuring out the new system.

QUESTION OF THE DAY

We land around 6 I think. So if we have any time at all we'll head over to Epcot. We are also staying at Beach Club and it's an easy walk to catch Illuminations. I'm not sure of the park hours yet, but it's usually 9pm for Epcot that time of year.
We will be at Universal on departure day and our flight leaves at 10a.m. so we will get up and head to the airport. No time for parks that day.
I like early flights home. I prefer a full last day in the parks and then getting up in the morning and heading home. I don't like the feeling of having to rush back to the resort for a certain time to leave.

KSL said:
Can anyone post a Question of the Day? We haven't had one in a little while and I thought of one:

Which parade is your favorite and why? It can be past or present; !!

I love MSEP...I was actually bummed when Spectro came in, and am glad it's back!

Another favorite, although it was short lived was Tapestry of Dreams. I still listen to the music all the time and YouTube it every now and then.

I'm catching up slowly today!

QUESTION OF THE DAY:

1For those of you who haven't been in awhile...
What are you hoping has not changed since your last visit??

2For those of you who have been in the last year...
Are you hoping for/looking forward to anything new since your last visit?

What I am hoping has not changed are the vinylmation trading - my boys love that, but I am hearing that they may be doing away with it. And I'm also hoping that end of August isn't becoming as crowded as they are predicting. It's such an irony because people are complaining about no discounts, no FD, prices going up, etc., yet at the same time WDW seems more crowded than ever!

New things to look forward to: the new FL, TT, and I may be in the minority, but I am looking forward to FP+. I love the idea of not having to get to HS at rope drop to ride TSM! Oh, and we always do PP, but this year we are doing PP+! Which reminds me, in an effort to actually like how I look in all those pictures, I have been running and am planning on running at WDW - something totally new!

Soooo I finally booked carribean beach, aug 16-23rd. All 10 of us . And now I just wait for my ADR window I already have all of those planned.
16th-via Napoli
17th- tusker house breakfast
18th-be our guest
19th -Hollywood and vine
20 - liberty tree tavern
21- garden grill

These are all new places for us. Feel free to let me know your experience. By the way we are on the dinning plan

Looks good to me! I want to try Via Napoli and BOG this trip too. As for your others, they all look great. I'm not a huge fan of H&V, but if you have kids into the Playhouse Disney characters, I hear it is good.

Saturday's QOTD:

Do you plan on having a rental vehicle at your disposal?

(or will you have your own vehicle as you are driving to Orlando vs. flying?)

Or are you sticking with Disney transportation (ME and buses/monorail/boats) for your vacation?
:drive:

We fly, and will use Disney transportation. I used to rent a car when the kids were younger and thought I liked the flexibility that brought. Now I'm more content to sit back and let others do the driving for me!

Checking out flights, time and cost, I just love this planning. To bad this vacation is so far away. :coffee:

When/where are you thinking?

Ok, off to run and I'll be back to finish catching up! I've been away from this thread for too long!

We are going Aug. 18 - 31 Can't wait!!!

We have early morning flights down...we prefer to hang out at our resort, unpack, swim, relax, walk around resort etc.... And go to bed early so we are up early the next day to hit the parks.

we have a later flight back home.... We like to sleep in, check out and head to DTD before hopping on the magical express.

We are going August 20-31. 11 whole days in the world. We are DVC Members but rented out our points for the year so we could try out art of animation suites.

Quick question: the park hours linked to in the first post, where did you get them? The disney website does not currently have Magic Kingdom hours for August (it has all the other parks, grrr!)

We stick to Disney transportation and if we decide to go to Universal or Sea World, we rent a car for a day or two from the Car Care Center.

My worry was that there are five of us going so didn't think the cab would be an option. Also our two kids are still using booster seats.

We took a cab from the airport to HRH and then two days later over to the BC and it was easy and not too expensive. There are five of us, and we had no problem getting a cab. The only issue is the two kids in boosters. They won't require it, but I know you would probably feel safer.

Our dates are August 23-30th. Celebrating little girl turning the big old age of 7. Staying at All star Music. First time at the resort. See ya there.

:thumbsup2 I stayed there many years ago - your daughter will love it!

We were absolutely not going this year....really....honest...

Booked the first half of our trip yesterday :rotfl2:

Since DH is starting a new job (tomorrow!) just the boys and I will spend the first 5 nights at CSR (8/10-8/15). Then we plan to move to the Poly for the 15th thru the 17th. Can't make my ADRs for a few more days, but planning on dinners at Ohana, Cape May Buffet, Crystal Palace and TRex, lunch at Chefs de France and Big River Grille. Nothing else decided yet...

We stayed DVC last August and didn't see a bounce back offer, but maybe you don't get them in the DVC rooms?? So, still hoping for a good room discount or free dining :worship:

Those are the most exciting vacations! I'm also hoping for a discount for Poly for the end of August

Okay, its kinda quiet in here. I will toss out another Question of the Day :) .

After your trip, what do you do with all your vacation photos?

Do you scrapbook them?

Create photobooks? (if so, which site do you use.....Shutterfly? Picaboo? etc.)

Make prints for photo albums?

Do trip videos and post them to youtube?

Keep them on your computer and forget they are there? :rotfl:

And how many photos would you estimate you normally take on an "average" trip?

I've done a bit of all of the above. I used to scrapbook like crazy. I just don't seem to find the time for it anymore, and I had to declutter all my stuff - it had gotten out of hand.

Then I was feeling sad about not scrapping them, so I decided to make a photo book from Picaboo. I chose a quick Disney trip (it was a last minute - as in we decided about five days before - Thanksgiving trip and we were only there for five days. So that was a reasonable number of pictures to work with, and I LOVE IT! I said I was going to do all my pictures that way from now on. So far I've only managed to complete that book and a Vermont trip book, but part of my goal this year is to start dedicating more time to organizing and creating our photobooks.

I have some printed in frames around the house and I have put up a video or two on youtube. And of course I post them to facebook. I have a few old pics on my current PTR that were fun to dig out :)

I used Picasa for the first two books I did and I just used Shutterfly to do a third, but it's not here yet. If the Shutterfly one is as good as the others, I may go with them since it seemed easier to navigate and I completed it much faster. I didn't do as much journaling and background pages, so maybe that was why though.

Booked our flight down this morning, Yay! Southwest' s website gave me a minor heart attack when I got a message saying they were discontinuing flights from PIT to MCO:scared1:. After some round about web surfing I found them available.:scratchin. They really cut the schedule, though. Now just need to finish spending on my SW card to earn our flight home....or maybe I won't.;)

Glad you were able to book it!

Woohoo! :cool1: Just booked my flights, Thank You SW for releasing the schedule and for making the flight times a little easier on us, no 4am wake up call this time! I feel better having the airfare booked with the flights (direct) I wanted.

Now just waiting on ADR time. :surfweb:

Question of the Day
I do a Photobook of each trip and a collage (you can see a snippet of it in my siggy) that I have displayed in my living room, I have them printed on these plaque things at Shutterfly. They look really nice. I also make a DVD with a video to music and all the original video clips strung together. The kids love to watch them every now and again.

I love watching old Disney videos :)

Oy. 6 x 50,000 mile FF tickets today. I swear it takes months off my life when I spend that much at once. Now here's the kicker....0630 from Newark. Thanks to DME, we're at the ticket window at MK by 1000 to get our PAPs (please G-d, let them be there) and TIW. BLT 2-BR lake view. Looking at rental car for 1-2 days to do WWOHP / US.

We are out of JFK at 7:00 am - love getting an early start on our first day!!

QUESTION OF THE DAY

We have taken very early flights lately, so we head to the hotel to check n, leave our carry on bags, then head to a park. We had a 5:50 am flight in December and we were in AK by 11 am! We stopped for a quick bite CR before leaving for the park. If we get in later, we tend to hang out at the hotel pool and unpack or head to DTD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter