ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little of both! I can't wait to go to Disney, but I have two other trips before August - we will be doing the DCL Dream in May and a trip to London in July, so those are keeping patient for now!

If your boys need a (slightly older) sister I would totally be okay with you adopting me. Jealous of your travels!!

Time feels like it's going sooooo sssllllooowwwwllllyyyy!

If spring would just hurry up and get here it wouldn't be so bad, but it feels like winter's never ending for us this year. We have another snowfall warning here for tonight/tomorrow, up to 20 cm more. We still haven't hit temperatures above 10C yet this year, and for the next week it's supposed to be highs around 0. I think time will seem to go by faster once it warms up and it's time for gardening and yard work and setting up the pool and camping!

If spring would just hurry up and get here it wouldn't be so bad, but it feels like winter's never ending for us this year. We have another snowfall warning here for tonight/tomorrow, up to 20 cm more. We still haven't hit temperatures above 10C yet this year, and for the next week it's supposed to be highs around 0. I think time will seem to go by faster once it warms up and it's time for gardening and yard work and setting up the pool and camping!

Not above 10C yet this year? Eek! :scared:

Sounds like this year will go like the joke: Canada has two seasons, winter and July.

Hope it warms up soon. Should be in the mid to upper 70's (F) here this weekend.

Oh my gosh, poor you! You guys have it so much worse over there.

Sounds like this year will go like the joke: Canada has two seasons, winter and July.

Hope it warms up soon. Should be in the mid to upper 70's (F) here this weekend.

Haha, unfortunately, that's no joke.

The sad thing is, we got about 1.5 weeks of beautiful spring weather. I guess mother nature accidentally sat on the "Spring" switch when she actually wanted "Winter" to go on for longer.

I woke up to my car covered in ice. Gina, where's our spring???

Since this trip is my honeymoon, it actually feels like the trip is coming up quickly cause I see it in conjunction to the wedding. It's less than 4 months away! Why does it feel like my list of to-do's isn't shrinking?

It's a complete mess here today. Power lines have snapped due to the ice, trees are toppled everywhere (including across many of our city streets), there have been several serious accidents, and the power is out (or going on and off, on and off) across much of the region. The office building I work in went black at 8:30 this morning (just after I arrived) and the lights are STILL out. While an impromptu Friday off is kind of nice, its too crappy to go anywhere!!! :headache:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding though, YukiPhnx!! What an exciting time for you!!!!

Oh my........you definitely have it worse than we do!!! :( Here's hoping spring is right around the corner for you guys as well.

Oh. So. True.

Mid to upper 70's?!?!? We will be pushing it reach 45 tomorrow.....and that will be mid-afternoon, in the "heat of the day". Geez Louise.

I want to be a Snowbird when I grow up!! ::yes::

Oh. So. True.

Mid to upper 70's?!?!? We will be pushing it reach 45 tomorrow.....and that will be mid-afternoon, in the "heat of the day". Geez Louise.

I want to be a Snowbird when I grow up!! ::yes::

I lived in the cold of Michigan until I was 27 and realized I could move away! :rotfl2:

One year I completely missed Spring. I was taking a nap. :rotfl:

Hello :wave2:
We recently booked our trip to Disney from 8/1-8/8.
I just found this thread. I'm super excited for the trip and have been a bit overwhelmed with all of the ADR's. As of now I think we have a good plan going. I ordered our personalized maps which I hope don't take forever to arrive. As you see in my pic I have a 9 yr old DD and a 19 month old DS. He will be 23 months when we go on our trip. We'll be staying at POR in the Royal Suite which I fell in love with once I saw them. We have never stayed at Disney as long as we will be this trip. It will also be our first time staying onsite. We have never done all 4 parks on the same trip either. It will be our first time going to AK and DH first time at Epcot as well. We looked in renting DVC points but I think it's too short of a time period to get what we wanted. Maybe next trip.
I hope to read the previous pages to get to know you guys better.:)

Yikes! Sorry to hear about all the weather woes everyone! It's still pretty cold here to today but all we got is rain, rain and more rain. Much better than an ice storm!

We no longer have an August Disney trip planned but I plan to lurk in here and catch up with all of your plans:)

We no longer have an August Disney trip planned but I plan to lurk in here and catch up with all of your plans:)

I will miss your company as I stalk the Orlando weather reports at the end of August, faithfully carrying out my Hurricane Watch.

But yay for you and your Christmas trip!!! :cool1: Let the festive countdown begin!!

http://www.xmasclock.com/

(I love the holidays!!! :lovestruc)

Hello :wave2:
We recently booked our trip to Disney from 8/1-8/8.
I just found this thread. I'm super excited for the trip and have been a bit overwhelmed with all of the ADR's. As of now I think we have a good plan going. I ordered our personalized maps which I hope don't take forever to arrive. As you see in my pic I have a 9 yr old DD and a 19 month old DS. He will be 23 months when we go on our trip. We'll be staying at POR in the Royal Suite which I fell in love with once I saw them. We have never stayed at Disney as long as we will be this trip. It will also be our first time staying onsite. We have never done all 4 parks on the same trip either. It will be our first time going to AK and DH first time at Epcot as well. We looked in renting DVC points but I think it's too short of a time period to get what we wanted. Maybe next trip.
I hope to read the previous pages to get to know you guys better.:)

:welcome:

In the KW region of Ontario over here.... finally JUST got power after... oh... about 16 hours :(

I'm very very done with this Canadian weather... take me to disney already! :goodvibes

Hello

I just sent a request to be added to the Facebook group. I see that many have their names added on the dates that you will be going to Disney in the 1st page. How can I add my name?

QOTD

Do you pack enough clothes for your entire trip (one outfit for each day)
or do you plan to do laundry while at your resort/hotel?

I know my questions are getting really dry, sun block, packing...I just need the advice as to what others are doing..LOL.

Hello

I just sent a request to be added to the Facebook group. I see that many have their names added on the dates that you will be going to Disney in the 1st page. How can I add my name?

You can Private Message Senecawolf with all of your ADRs and resort dates or just wait as she will see your post here.

QOTD

Do you pack enough clothes for your entire trip (one outfit for each day)
or do you plan to do laundry while at your resort/hotel?

I know my questions are getting really dry, sun block, packing...I just need the advice as to what others are doing..LOL.

It depends on how long we stay. This time we are there 12 days and we are planning to do laundry about mid-way through. It seems like SUCH a waste of time to do laundry on vacation. BUT, I have found that its not a big deal. We choose a "down day" when my son wants to swim for a few hours and me and grandma hang out in the laundry room. Its really not so bad!! And we LOVE the Purex 3-in-1s (which I found out about on these boards!!) We throw them in and don't have to worry about timming fabric softener, etc. AWESOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter