• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for 9 nights at the YC the last week of August. This will be our first time at a deluxe (got a great deal).

Disney here we come!! We are doing the bounceback offer again this year. Our dates are Aug 20th to Sept 3rd. We chose POR again because my family enjoyed the resort so much this past summer. Usually like to try a new resort( or 2) every year but they really liked staying there. I wanted to do OKW and thought that I changed my daughter's mind about staying at POR, but my spouse said he really wanted to do POR again. He rarely asks for much when I plan our vacations so...

Yay for your trip! I have not stayed at POR, but have stayed at POFQ and OKW, and to be honest, I would choose Port Orleans over it. I know people love it, but of all the deluxes I've stayed at, it's my least fave.

We are booked for 9 nights at the YC the last week of August. This will be our first time at a deluxe (got a great deal).

Woo Hoo! We will be at BC - when are you going?

That is wonderful!!! YC is so beautiful!
Did they post discounts for August yet?

I don't think Disney has...some PINS, but I am going to assume the PP may have gotten an *** deal, like so many of us going in August have.

We went there in 2007. I wasn't all that impressed overall.

We had DS7 and DS1 at the time...so that may have clouded my judgement...it seems like it's fit more for couples, or older familes...but that's just me.

I have to agree. We liked the atmosphere, but the food was not good at all. They were the worst ribs I ever had!

Yay for your trip! I have not stayed at POR, but have stayed at POFQ and OKW, and to be honest, I would choose Port Orleans over it. I know people love it, but of all the deluxes I've stayed at, it's my least fave.

Woo Hoo! We will be at BC - when are you going?

I don't think Disney has...some PINS, but I am going to assume the PP may have gotten an *** deal, like so many of us going in August have.

I am such a newbie! What is a *** deal?

Hey Team August! Sorry for being MIA. I started a new job (with better pay, benefits, and hours) and I have been busy.

Anywho.......back to planning.

We are getting ready to book adrs. Since this is an all girls trip with my youngest dd, we are planning lots of signatures and new places. Debating on upgrading FD to dxddp. I think this trip will be quite different and I am looking forward to some alone time with my dd!

Just book SSR for August 11-17. So excited the last trip before everyone goes off to college. First trip for our 6 year old. It just got real for me. :cool1:

Nice place you got going here:thumbsup2

The other day I booked August 4-14 at All Star Movies:cool1: This trip we will be celebrating DS 8th Bday on the 4th, and our 10th Anniversary on the 9th, since we spent our Honeymoon at WDW this was a no brainer:rotfl2:

Me too!! I have been tweaking, changing and rearranging my adrs:lmao: DH has limited my disney talk, he says I have become obsessed!:rotfl:

Me: Hunny? Can I ask you something?
DH: Is it about Disney?

Me: Hey, I just got this great idea...
DH: Is it about planning for Disney?

Me: Ya know I was just thinking...
DH: About Disney?

He won't be joining us on our trip, it's going to be 3 generations of girls. He just isn't into this level of planning for anything really.

Hi Everyone! We are contemplating squeezing in one last Disney trip in August before the youngest turns 3. Hubby said, if I can save the money, we can go! Woo hoo! We're moving so things are a little up in the air right now. I just hope I can pull it all together! Right now I'm planning on August 11th-16th. Thinking of Wilderness Lodge if we can swing it or maybe Port Orleans Riverside.

The main thing I'm worried about is the weather. We normally go in Dec so it could be a shock for us, although this past December it was at least 80-90 our whole trip!

I just booked my first trip, we are staying at Art of Animation August 13th-19th, then we are moving to a Universal area hotel for the 19th-28th.

Loreli said:
Me: Hunny? Can I ask you something?
DH: Is it about Disney?

Me: Hey, I just got this great idea...
DH: Is it about planning for Disney?

Me: Ya know I was just thinking...
DH: About Disney?

He won't be joining us on our trip, it's going to be 3 generations of girls. He just isn't into this level of planning for anything really.

Lol. I know how those conversations go :). Did you ever finalize your ADR list?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

amybel said:
I just booked my first trip, we are staying at Art of Animation August 13th-19th, then we are moving to a Universal area hotel for the 19th-28th.

Congrats on booking your first trip! Is this your first time at Disney and universal? The reason I ask is because there is a lot more to do at Disney than universal, but I'm sure you have other things planned as well!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi, can anyone join? I have been reading a lot on the DIS but rarely join in but would love to join here. Will be at Old Key West from August 16-27 TIA

Hi, can anyone join? I have been reading a lot on the DIS but rarely join in but would love to join here. Will be at Old Key West from August 16-27 TIA

Start surfing the Dis... all opinions are welcome. Talking about your upcoming trip only makes it better for you and for all of us.

Anna114 said:
Start surfing the Dis... all opinions are welcome. Talking about your upcoming trip only makes it better for you and for all of us.

I am obsessed with the DIS have found it very helpful and have learned so much! Can't wait to join in the planning, I just love pulling everything together, even though my dh rolls his eyes as soon as I say the words "guess what I found out on the DIS today " lol he does appreciate it when we are in the world though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter