ª"˜˜ª¤.¸Official Team August 2013 Thread!¸.¤ª˜˜"ª&#9733

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know how to begin planning our ADRs! Will we know which parks will be open late for dining prior to the reservations having to be made? We definitely want to eat at Be Our Guest and Cinderella's Royal Table, but other than that I'm not sure. I think we would like to try the Wishes Dessert Party and also a Fantasmic package, would love some input!

I haven't been to WDW since I was 10 or 12, so I used peoples opinions posted here, the restaurant board here, a Disney guide book, and allears.net to plan our ADRs. I posted them a few pages ago. I am not sure every restaurant will be a hit with my mom and daughters, but I think they all sounded good. We were limited because some of the restaurants were too fancy for my kids to enjoy, I will miss the experience, but it is what it is. February will bring the release of EMHs (extra magic hours) and ARDs so we will know where to reserve when.
It's fun research and reading menus on allears.net is interesting.

I'm already thinking about our ADR's even though we are so far out :)

Question though...last year we upgraded our free dining to the deluxe plan and quickly learned that it was waaaay too much for us. If we can get free dining again this year (fingers crossed!) we will stick with the regular plan.

Last time, we did not have to worry about any meal because it was all covered, but this time, on the regular plan, we will only have 2 meals covered + a snack. How do you make it work? How do you fill in that extra meal? We don't particularly want to do a grocery order.

Would love to hear how you made the regular dining plan work for your family!

I'm already thinking about our ADR's even though we are so far out :)

Question though...last year we upgraded our free dining to the deluxe plan and quickly learned that it was waaaay too much for us. If we can get free dining again this year (fingers crossed!) we will stick with the regular plan.

Last time, we did not have to worry about any meal because it was all covered, but this time, on the regular plan, we will only have 2 meals covered + a snack. How do you make it work? How do you fill in that extra meal? We don't particularly want to do a grocery order.

Would love to hear how you made the regular dining plan work for your family!

We usually pack granola bars and other "breakfast" foods in our luggage. Then use our refillable mugs for coffee and snack credits for milk or juice for the kids. Sometimes we'll get a muffin or pastry for dessert and save it for breakfast the next morning.

Hello everyone!! i just snagged 2 one-way tickets to Orlando from SFO for $295:cool1: Tickets opened up for the first week of August for SW and Airtran. Now if I can pay the same price or less on the return trip that would be great.

Hello everyone!! i just snagged 2 one-way tickets to Orlando from SFO for $295:cool1: Tickets opened up for the first week of August for SW and Airtran. Now if I can pay the same price or less on the return trip that would be great.

Congrats!:yay: Anyone have any idea when Southwest will open up their next reservation window. :confused3 They recently opened up until August 9, I believe, and we are leaving on August 15. :cool2:

Ooooh, how fun that I found this thread! Can I join you guys on Team August 2013? Here is some info on us and our plans:
  • Boardwalk Villas, Aug. 11-15
  • Bay Lake Towers, Aug. 16-23
We have stayed at BLT before (and LOVED it!), but BWV will be new for us and we are very excited to try it. SO happy to be able to walk to three parks! :thumbsup2

Our family likes going in August because it gives us the summer to plan and anticipate. The weather is HOT :scared: but we deal with it and like that the crowds are down with many people back to school. DH is a teacher so going during the school year is impossible, and late August works out better for us than other school breaks, which we had done a couple of times pre-kids and it was crazy-crowded! :crowded:

We are taking the AutoTrain both directions, and this is the first time we will have a vehicle with us. :drive: We're used to the buses and WDW transportation, so we'll see whether we use it much once we get there.
Someone asked a few pages back (yes, I have read through the whole thing now that I found this thread!) about having groceries delivered. Have you looked into Garden Grocer or WeGoShop? Both are very popular with DVC owners (who have full kitchens in the 1-&2-bedrooms and often want groceries). We used GG and would recommend them; haven't tried WGS. I can give more info on our experience if anyone is interested. I'm sure you could find for more info on the threads here, too.

We are considering adding the dining plan for the first part of our vaca (5 days), but need to look at potential ADRs and determine if it is worth the value. Alternatively, we are considering the TiW card instead, since we can get it for $75 with the PAPs (which we got for $399 each - woohoo! We will activate them on our trip in August and they will still be good for our trip in July 2014!). :cool1: So I'll have to get a spreadsheet going on that, so that I can compare costs and discounts and see what works out better. I love Excel; I am such a dork!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which reminds me that someone owes us pictures of rooster curtains, LOL :lmao: - I was waiting for them as I read through each page! :p

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Ooooh, how fun that I found this thread! Can I join you guys on Team August 2013? Here is some info on us and our plans:
  • Boardwalk Villas, Aug. 11-15
  • Bay Lake Towers, Aug. 16-23
We have stayed at BLT before (and LOVED it!), but BWV will be new for us and we are very excited to try it. SO happy to be able to walk to three parks! :thumbsup2

Our family likes going in August because it gives us the summer to plan and anticipate. The weather is HOT :scared: but we deal with it and like that the crowds are down with many people back to school. DH is a teacher so going during the school year is impossible, and late August works out better for us than other school breaks, which we had done a couple of times pre-kids and it was crazy-crowded! :crowded:

We are taking the AutoTrain both directions, and this is the first time we will have a vehicle with us. :drive: We're used to the buses and WDW transportation, so we'll see whether we use it much once we get there.
Someone asked a few pages back (yes, I have read through the whole thing now that I found this thread!) about having groceries delivered. Have you looked into Garden Grocer or WeGoShop? Both are very popular with DVC owners (who have full kitchens in the 1-&2-bedrooms and often want groceries). We used GG and would recommend them; haven't tried WGS. I can give more info on our experience if anyone is interested. I'm sure you could find for more info on the threads here, too.

We are considering adding the dining plan for the first part of our vaca (5 days), but need to look at potential ADRs and determine if it is worth the value. Alternatively, we are considering the TiW card instead, since we can get it for $75 with the PAPs (which we got for $399 each - woohoo! We will activate them on our trip in August and they will still be good for our trip in July 2014!). :cool1: So I'll have to get a spreadsheet going on that, so that I can compare costs and discounts and see what works out better. I love Excel; I am such a dork!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, which reminds me that someone owes us pictures of rooster curtains, LOL :lmao: - I was waiting for them as I read through each page! :p

:welcome:

Hey team August! Never too early to start planning :) Just booked AoA LK suite and LM room for August 18-25! (We're a group of 6 and wanted a little extra room.) Can't wait to chat with you guys in the meantime!

And on another note.. hoping to be celebrating a Disney engagement then too!!!!

Welcome new friends! Happy Thanksgiving to all, I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday and good luck to the black friday shoppers! I'll get to work on adding everyone to the resort list this weekend.

Congrats!:yay: Anyone have any idea when Southwest will open up their next reservation window. :confused3 They recently opened up until August 9, I believe, and we are leaving on August 15. :cool2:

From the SW site:
On February 4, 2013, we will open our schedule for sale through September 27, 2013.

we are waiting for Aug 18th

We have changed our dates and are cutting back on our trip to the world...so we can try out the Disney cruise line for a 3 day cruise.

My dgd's have asked to go on the cruise all year so we are going to surprise them with a 3 day cruise. They know about the Disney trip but we will keep the cruise a surprise until the last day. They have never cruised so I think it will be a great way to introduce them to cruising.

Our new dates are 8/18 to 8/22 POR and 8/22 to 8/25 on the Disney Dream.

yea-yea~ I keep forgetting!!! :confused3 lolol.

Welcome to Team August:crowded: We are a loveable albeit dysfunctional bunch- but we offer free mental counseling on Fridays and we're always up for good bashing stories of rude Disney guests getting on our nerves::yes:: plus lots of money saving tips like how to safely pack rum in your luggage!:scratchin

It's a great crew here and we'll get more of a crowd after the holidays, so stick around:blush:

yea-yea~ I keep forgetting!!! :confused3 lolol.

Welcome to Team August:crowded: We are a loveable albeit dysfunctional bunch- but we offer free mental counseling on Fridays and we're always up for good bashing stories of rude Disney guests getting on our nerves::yes:: plus lots of money saving tips like how to safely pack rum in your luggage!:scratchin

It's a great crew here and we'll get more of a crowd after the holidays, so stick around:blush:

yeah, even if SOME of us forget to post rooster curtains!!!!!

I must say, I'm a little anxious to see these curtains too lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using DISBoards

Oh, it's awful isn't it Sarah........she gets us excited about something and then BAM.....Nada!! It's just not right! :rotfl:

ok-ok, all you impatient little hens - I am downloading the Rooster curtain picture now. Stand by and prepare to be jealous!!::yes::

May I join???? :goodvibes

Booked August 25 to September 1st at GF GV. 2 rooms (2 adults and our 5 kiddos) with a rockin' deal!

READY FOR SUMMER!!!!:beach:

ok-ok, all you impatient little hens - I am downloading the Rooster curtain picture now. Stand by and prepare to be jealous!!::yes::

Oh, those are soooooooooo adorable and you are right!!! I AM jealous!!! I want one for my window over my sink in the kitchen now!!! :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter