Zip Lock & re-packing ???

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
OK...call me crazy but when you pack with the Zip Lock Baggies, I understand that it can save you room in your luggage, BUT how do you re-pack to come home? Do you put them in your luggage as you did to go? Or do you just pack your clothes & if so do they fit???? :confused:

We used ziplocks on our last trip. I washed our clothes while we were on vacation and just repacked everything in the ziplocks for the trip home. If you're not going to wash the clothes then I would still repack the dirty clothes in the ziplocks-not only will it save room in your suitcases but it will keep the dirty stuff seperated from the rest of your stuff.

I often pack with Ziplocs on the way to Disney. It makes it easier for the kids to get themselves dressed in clothes that match.

But, I don't use the Ziplocs on the way back and everything still fits. I don't like to do laundry while on vacation, so I bring a couple of mesh bags for dirty clothes - one for whites, one for darks - and stuff them back into the suitcases. When I get home, I'm all set to do laundry.

Thanks for the answers. I go to Disney about every 6-8 weeks & have never used the Zip Locks. Usually it is just me & my kids going (4 of us) for a long weekend or 7 nights max.. This time there will be 6 of us & we are staying for 11 nights. We drive a Durango (no luggage space) & I don't want to use the luggage carrier. I have been trying to figure out how to save space on this trip. I went out tonight & bought the 1 gallon & 2 1/2 gallon sizes. I am not one for doing laundry on vacation. I think I will give it a shot at re-packing in them.... thanks again.....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter