Zelda replacing LC?

Oh please make this happen! I'm about the biggest die-hard LoZ fan there is (with a LoZ tattoo to prove it :p)

Well, all this talk of Zelda is not good for my wallet. It used to be my favorite game so of course I went looking for the game again.

I found a snes classic machine with 21 preloaded games including Zelda for $80. It will be here Tue.

Thanks Universal.

My family loves Zelda and all different video games. I am excited to see how they will develop this land. It makes sense why they are doing it this way. I agree that putting all the video game lands together could hurt them.

Think this could be a great fit. Love the look and theming of the area, but it definitely needs some changes. There's not much there now and Sinbad is closing and Poseidon's Fury is just ok. (basically the water tunnel and final room are pretty cool but the rest is meh. doesn't feel like a must do either). Zelda could give it a new life and some new attractions while keeping the overall aesthetic and feel that the area has now.

Not sure what would actually go in Sinbad's theatre so likely see that getting removed to make room for a new attraction. Not sure how well it could be tweaked and if they'd want to keep it a walk through or a ride but Poseidon's Fury could be themed to a temple from Zelda. Be like you are journeying through a temple on a Zelda like quest and encounter treasure and enemies/bosses in place of the current gods battles

Well, all this talk of Zelda is not good for my wallet. It used to be my favorite game so of course I went looking for the game again.

I found a snes classic machine with 21 preloaded games including Zelda for $80. It will be here Tue.

Thanks Universal.

This thread cost me over $300. I went down a rabbit hole reminiscing about playing Zelda and super Mario brothers so I went out and bought a Nintendo switch and played all weekend. THEN I took my daughter to school and played Nintendo half the day! I’m so ashamed ....and thanks Universal!

This rumour has been around for a while now but it doesn't seem to be on the front burner right now.

That would be a major disappointment for me. I love the theming and atmosphere of the lost continent and know absolutely nothing about Zelda (I am OLD!)

I love the theming of the lost continent and love Mythos, however The Sindbad show and Poseidon's Fury never lived up (IMO) to the quality that they should have. I also much preferred the old Poseidon's Fury story and layout to the new one. The final reveal was much better implemented.

:) Well hopefully they will keep the fountain that interacts with kids. I always make time to watch that. Haven't done Poseidon in a long time and watched Sinbad every few years, but have no interest in anything Zelda. I like the music, lights in the evening, crafts people, architecture of the area. I love Seuss Landing also, but don't care much for the aesthetic of Superhero area or Toon Lagoon (I like the rides). If Zelda area is over the top like those it'll be a bummer. (I think they probably already sell toy swords and shields as part of the original theme)

This rumour has been around for a while now but it doesn't seem to be on the front burner right now.

Yea have heard the rumor/theory pretty much since Universal got the Nintendo license. Didn't really seem to have much traction overall, but with the seeming delay for the section into Universal Studios and the area needing an upgrade seems like it could be a logical step to take. Would be a way to use the IPs sooner than waiting for the third park and revitalize that area (especially with Sinbad closing now). So might not have been on the front burner before but could see the decisions and priorities changing a bit now. And as stated before it would be fairly easy to overlay Zelda to LC as both have a focus on temples and the ruins could fit into some of the Zelda titles and theme. Even some of the current stands could work a bit as a Gerudo village so woulnd't be surprised to see it go in.

This seems to be getting more potential confirmation from good sources on other forums. It does make sense to me.

Also, The Zelda franchise has been around for 32 years, so it isn't exactly "new" :)

It’s fired up again recently on mainstream gaming blogs

:) Well hopefully they will keep the fountain that interacts with kids. I always make time to watch that. Haven't done Poseidon in a long time and watched Sinbad every few years, but have no interest in anything Zelda. I like the music, lights in the evening, crafts people, architecture of the area. I love Seuss Landing also, but don't care much for the aesthetic of Superhero area or Toon Lagoon (I like the rides). If Zelda area is over the top like those it'll be a bummer. (I think they probably already sell toy swords and shields as part of the original theme)

It’s be an easy overlay, good bones to adapt.

Several wells are featured in various zelda games. The well could be intact but re-imagined to fit in with the themeing. Just don’t try to toss any Cuccos down it.:teeth:

This seems to be getting more potential confirmation from good sources on other forums. It does make sense to me.

Also, The Zelda franchise has been around for 32 years, so it isn't exactly "new" :)

The franchise is a classic, with a huge fan base that could possibly be a new draw as to potential guests for Universal. The same as HP was, how many times do people post they visit & spend 99.9% of their time there.

Putting two different gaming ‘worlds’ in both parks would also drive the 2 park ticket sales

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter