Youve been accepted into the DCP for.... Merchandising?

digsbyloft

Earning My Ears
Hey so i just got my acceptance email (yay!) for merchandising...i remember putting in a high interest for the role but it wasn't in my top 3 and i didn't do much research for it, can any merchandising alum give me the good bad and ugly on the role?
Thanks

I did merchandise on my first CP (I worked in Fantasyland). There is a lot of guest interaction, and in Fantasyland there are a lot of shops/carts to rotate to (so I never was bored). I also loved the location because I could see Wishes every night

I did Merchandise on my Alumni Program. Merch is high guest interaction and you can be located at any of the Parks, Waterparks, Downtown Disney or Resorts. You may be working at one large store, such as MouseGears at Epcot or an area that has multiple locations such as Tower of Terror Gifts, Rock N Roller Coaster Gifts, Assorted Carts, and Fantasmic Carts. You also might work in an area that does food prep, and get to make goodies like candy apples.

The hours will vary, and you may work even after the park is closed or before they open. Epcot closed at 9 but Mousegear stayed open until all the guests had left the store. Then you need to clean up and organize the store. So I wouldn't leave until midnight. You can also pick up hours at any other merchandise location because the training is the same, so if you are interested in working overtime for extra money it is much easier than in other roles.

Because the training is universal you are more likely to be deployed to another location. People from my location got to do Flower and Garden and Star Wars weekend so that was cool.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Hey so i just got my acceptance email (yay!) for merchandising...i remember putting in a high interest for the role but it wasn't in my top 3 and i didn't do much research for it, can any merchandising alum give me the good bad and ugly on the role?
Thanks

Good: HIGH guest interaction. Lots of freedom. Get to merchantain. Pin trading! Lots of opportunities to make magic. Very easy to pick up hours in any park or trade/give away shifts. ER's are very common if you close. MK gets walk time at the end of your shift.

Bad: You could be placed fairly often in an outdoor location. "EHHH PLEASE, HOW MANY???", nuf said. "How much does this cost?" sticker with price is right there. Stocking can get boring. Plush wall *twitch*.

Ugly: Let's be honest here, some of the costumes are hideous. I liked mine though, shirt and tie dress pants and suspenders!

Good: HIGH guest interaction. Lots of freedom. Get to merchantain. Pin trading! Lots of opportunities to make magic. Very easy to pick up hours in any park or trade/give away shifts. ER's are very common if you close. MK gets walk time at the end of your shift.

Bad: You could be placed fairly often in an outdoor location. "EHHH PLEASE, HOW MANY???", nuf said. "How much does this cost?" sticker with price is right there. Stocking can get boring. Plush wall *twitch*.

Ugly: Let's be honest here, some of the costumes are hideous. I liked mine though, shirt and tie dress pants and suspenders!

ERs may not be that much though if you're a closing shift. I work at the Emporium currently, I may be scheduled until 3:15 am and ERed to leave at 2:30 am if we finish our closing early enough. It is a choice to have an ER though. You can stay until the end of the closing if you want.

ERs may not be that much though if you're a closing shift. I work at the Emporium currently, I may be scheduled until 3:15 am and ERed to leave at 2:30 am if we finish our closing early enough. It is a choice to have an ER though. You can stay until the end of the closing if you want.

True, but everyone knows the last hour of a shift is the time that seems to stretch the longest so any amount of time I get to get out early when closing is a relief.

True, but everyone knows the last hour of a shift is the time that seems to stretch the longest so any amount of time I get to get out early when closing is a relief.

True, though sometimes I am willing to not be ERed just because if I have a week of closing it means my hours can go easily from being 40 hours to just 35 or 33. :P Also the areas you work in depends on whether you can extend or ER.Some workplaces regularly ER people before closing, mine never does. It is more likely to grant extension requests because we're always understaffed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter