You're offered $10k to move back to the first home you remember living , would you move?

No!!!! We literally just got it all cleaned out, sold, and are in the inspection period. I'm almost free of it!

The home and the yard? Absolutely.
The city around it is one big constant traffic jam so no thanks. Takes almost 30 minutes to go 3 miles across town most of the time. And people driving like imbeciles. Every time I go back reminds me how the community spirit left there long ago.

No, it was a four family home. I was happy growing up there, but not now.

I would move into the HOUSE but would not want live where it is located. It is in a MUCH large area (Orange County Ca) than what I am comfortable living.

Since it burned down, that would be tough. But you'd have to add a zero or two to that number for me to even think about moving back to the suburban nightmare that is the community I lived in as a child.
My mother always asks me if I'll move into her house when she's gone. I'm like, are you kidding me? Every house she lived in has burnt down after she moved.

This is a true scenario for me and I would realize more than $10K for it but most likely wont do it because I will more likely relocate out of state. I purchased my childhood home and it is as rental. When I eventually sell, I will owe capital gains tax. If I were to move in and live there for two years before selling I could avoid the tax. I wouldn't mind doing it but my plans are to leave the state.

10K wouldn't even get me my earnest money where I grew up. And it's only an 1100 sf house. Nope.

Last edited:
Heck NO... for one thing the house no longer exists, and the other we are all convinced that place was haunted. IF it wasn't haunted, there was some just plain weird and creepy stuff that went on that nobody could explain. :confused:
What happens to the creepy stuff once the house no longer exists? Creepy stuff moves next door? Creepy stuff take a midnight train going anywhere?

The first home I remember living in is on a nice quiet street in Philly, and has just been completely remodeled and is lovely, so sure. Well. I wouldn't want to live in Philly anymore, though.

No. I would not want to go back and live in the town I was raised in even if it is only a few minutes away from where I live now. The towns are like night and day.

The structure no longer exists, but I recall it as a nice enough house. We didn’t own it though, and it had one bathroom. And my perceptions are from the first ten years of my life.

But as a child it had full basement with a big playroom area, a large yard, had empty fields next to it on either side, and a wooded lot beyond one of those fields. So location wise, it was a kid adventure dream come true.

I had that choice in 2013 when my mom passed away. Decided to sell it instead. I lived in that house for 22 years. My wife and I decided to keep our house instead. At the time had lived in it 30 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter