• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You're offered $10k to drive from now on the vehicle your family had when you were a child in today's society, would you take it?

My Daddy's '65 Ford F-150 flareside still exists and is in good running condition?!? :teeth: Sure! It was an old-school 8 cylinder though so I'd imagine I'd burn the $10K in gas fairly quick.

My mom’s Oldsmobile- nope! My Dad’s Honda Prelude- absolutely! I loved that car!

My mom’s Oldsmobile-
My Mom had two the giant Oldsmobile station/estate wagon. We called it the Oldsmobubble because it had a huge sky light. Once we were of driving age, it became the StationWeapon. Huge, we could pack a bunch of kids in there, and those things moved! My brothers & I joked how we'd like to have one again, you can't buy giant station wagons like that anymore!

So yeah, I'd drive it. It was like a sectional on wheels!

As a child my father wrecked a ton of cars and I don't actually remember what my mom drove, but for $10K, sure I'd do it. My husband is able to repair and maintain cars, so atleast that money wouldn't be going towards that.

An avocado colored behemoth of a station wagon with wood panels, no air bags, no shoulder belts and guzzled gas? No thanks.

No way. My mother drove an old Rambler station wagon. I didn't want to be seen in it back then, wouldn't want to drive it or be seen in it today!

Probably not. That 10K wouldn't go very far in the gas tank of the beast my family had when I was a kid - a loaded high-top conversion van with a V8 and tow package. It was a sweet ride and an even better camper when we road tripped, and I wouldn't mind that aspect at all if it were in good shape, but I doubt it got better than 10mpg and I put on too many miles for that nonsense.

Now, if I could get my dad's daily driver that we sometimes towed behind the beast, a '68 Harley Electra-Glide, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

YES! My dad drove a brand new ‘68 Chevy Malibu with mag wheels. I loved that car, but he stopped letting me drive it after I took it to our local ice cream hang out for our high school. Next morning he says to me, “ Where did you take the car because all the mag wheels were stolen.” Oops :guilty::guilty::guilty:

My poor Dad--we had a series of crap vehicles he would try to McGyver back to life and keep on the road as best he could. He finally got a new Bonneville that was an absolute boat, but it drove great and was reliable for many years. That one would be OK--especially with that magnificant crushed velour interior. :D

First off, my dad worked for Ford from 1960 to around 1970. That being said, we had one of every car Ford made during that time period (type of car obviously. No trucks).
There were lots of those cars I would drive today even without the $10k.
If you want me to pick one, it would be the 1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang convertible.

I too would drive it for free if someone gave me one. I forget the year now, but it was a late 50’s/early 60’s Chevy Impala, with those big wings on the rear. My father bought it used from one of his sisters. He later sold it to someone in the neighborhood who used it to commute to NYC every day. And each month over the course of several years I watched it go from showroom finish to demolition derby candidate!

Something about the wings still appeals to me today.

Yep, my dad always drove top of the line Olds '98. I'd love to have cars with all that leg room in them again. Filling up the old gas tank would suck, but we'd just drive DH's toyota whenever we had a road trip. But then again the Olds would be way more comfortable to take.

I think a better question would be what would be your price to drive a car like that? For me if you gave me $100k I would do it. $90k no I wouldn't.

Also what length of time are we talking? $10k for a day? Sure I would drive it for a day for $10k.

My mom had a Camaro with the eagle painted on the hood at some point when I was little but no, no I would not want to drive that today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter