Your vote for the best off-site hotel near Universal

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
Hi all,

We will be vacationing off site this summer and our focus will be Universal, Seaworld, one of the water parks, and possibly two days at WDW.

In your opinion, what is the best hotel off site that is closer to the Universal side of things....unless you really don't think the drive/traffic will matter...

IMO, the best hotel in that area would be the Ritz-Carlton or the JW Marriott-they share one property.

They're not exactly budget, but they do provide a nice calm place to be after the parks.

We just got back from the Hyatt Place across from Universal and had a great stay. The best part was that we got the room on Priceline for $30/nt.!

I like the Clarion on Universal Blvd.. just across from the side of Wet and Wild. Rooms are roomy, comfy and on the inexpensive side.... It is an easy commute (make a right out of the parking lot) to Universal & (make a left) Sea World.. and for Wet & Wild.. just cross the street. For Disney, you can head onto I-4, again a short hop from there.... and you by pass all the International Drive traffic mess

I have stay at the Fairfield by marriott and Hawthorne Suites on Canada Avenue both was really close to US. Both was really clean had a free breakfast.

I've probably stayed in 1/3 of the hotels in the International Drive area so I'll throw out there a few hotels.

1.I second the Hyatt Place,really cool hotel they did a great job renovating it from an Amerisuites,there's two in the area one right by Universal and another one closer to the Convention Center,I've only stayed at the one by Universal,my only complaint would be the breakfast area is too small.

2.Country Inn and suites,good breakfast, and has a really nice homey feel.

3.Embassy Suites Jamaican ct and International Drive.There are two locations on International Drive,I like this one because it's tucked back away from the street and you simply can't go wrong with Embassy Suites.

4.Rosen Centre and Rosen Shingle Creek,I've gotten good deals on these convention type hotels lately,these are huge hotels with more amenities and even a golf course for Shingle Creek.Out of the two I prefer the architecture and interior design of the Shingle Creek hotel.One thing if you don't like having a 20 minute walk to get to your hotel room don't get these hotels.

5.Lastly the hotel that I've probably stayed more than any other,the Comfort Suites on Turkey Lake rd.It doesn't have the nicest lobby and has a small breakfast area,but the rooms are nice and clean and I always get a good deal on it and it has a nice location next to Dr.Phillips hospital with a lot of trees.It's on Turkey lake rd which is less busy than International Drive or Universal blvd on the other side of I-4,but this location is very convenient to both Universal and Disney and it has a new Wal-Mart like 2 minutes away.

The Crowne Plaza near the intersection of Sand Lake Road and Universal Boulevard is fairly convenient to Universal and SeaWorld. About a mile and a half to Universal and about 4 1/2 miles to SeaWorld. It's a nice hotel and has come up as a Priceline hotel for me in the past.

Dick Taylor

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions! I am going to check them all out.

So far, I have looked at the Crowne Plaza...I was able to get a rate of $149 per night on the Executive level.

So that's....
Doubletree
Hyatt Place
Country Inn
Embassy Suites Jamaican ct
Rosen Centre and Shingle Creek
Comfort Suites
Hawthorne
Fairfield
Clarion
Marriott
Ritz

I'm off to research....if there are any others let me know!

So far, I have looked at the Crowne Plaza...I was able to get a rate of $149 per night on the Executive level.

When you say "offsite" do you mean offsite from Disney or Universal? If $149 is in your price range, I just saw "...as low as $125 per night" for Royal Pacific (onsite Universal hotel) on the UniversalOrlando.com website. If it's within your budget, I always recommend looking into the Universal onsite hotels; we've had great experiences there and the front-of-the-line perk is REALLY great. :)

Of course "as low as" doesn't mean it's affordable, I guess it will depend on what your needs are, when you are going, etc. :)

We like the Doubletree at Universal. We usually drive but one night we took a taxi to Universal that cost $5 plus tip. We also like Hawthorn Suites on Canada Avenue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter