Your Universal Magical Moment

BarbaraMB

<font color=CC99CC>Is right! Good tags come to th
Over at the Disney boards many people have magical moments that they like to share. Great for those of us that are about to embark on our trip. Let's hear about the moments that stood out at your trip to Universal. Hopefully they will be good ones but sometimes the bad ones can be funny. "Magical Moments" is a great saying for Disney, what would be great for Universal? If anyone thinks this is a dumb idea I will go away.

My magical moment was when I was able to buy a two-year annual pass for the price of one year! It gives me the opportunity to enjoy many more magical Univeral moments each time I use it!!!!!

First, let me say that I think EVERY moment is magical when I'm at Universal. I love being there; it's my special getaway. As for specific magic moments:

Last year we were chosen to be the park opening family at USF, which was really cool. My sons loved it and so did I. We got a nice photo to commemorate the occasion and of course you get to be the first people in the park.

Years ago, back when USF had the old Ghostbusters attraction, (where Twister is now), I was chosen to be a Ghostbuster, not just once, but twice! I got to shoot the GB gun and get everyone in the audience all wet. Lots of fun. DH took a bunch of photos to remember the event. I really miss that attraction.

And for my youngest son, it was pretty magical to get SLIMED! This, of course, was at Nickelodeon's Game Lab. He was thrilled to be chosen (and me for him;) ) but when it was all over he said he wouldn't want to do it again. It's really pretty gross!

Great moments.

Being given free fotl access for my parents when they joined us on our trip. We offered to pay, but they insisted that it was on the house.

Originally posted by damo
Being chosen to ride Mummy with Brendan Fraser.

I'd love to hear the story of that. Spill it, girlfriend.

Like the commercial says, "When fairy tales and Pixie dust are not quite your thing......." maybe we could use a word other than Marketing.... uh; I mean Magical.

Originally posted by damo
Being chosen to ride Mummy with Brendan Fraser.

Did you post about this before and I missed it or are you pulling our legs. This seems like something that should have been a capital letter thread that I wouldn't have missed. Tell us a tad more.

No, damo really rode with Brendan Fraser...she told me about it at the AP Event...and she mentioned it on here, but didn't start a new thread about it.

I've had a few "Magical" moments at Universal...but most are just insane/embarrassing/funny.

I'll share the ones closer to "Magical" (as appose to the absurd ones), since that's what this thread is asking for.

*Anything relating to my website...like the "Watch it guy in orange #3!" said during the GB Show.....employees telling people about it....etc

*GIO2 singling me out during a GB Show "How about you Clare, have you seen anything?"

*Riding Jaws with just two other people, making the ride much more interactive, and fun

*Getting to see sorta "Behind the Scenes" of one of the rides at Universal ::yes::

*An MIB employee let me and my friend bypass regular and express line

Originally posted by phamton
I'd love to hear the story of that. Spill it, girlfriend.

Okay, here is the story. Joel (my 15 year old son) and I were in Universal on May 20. We had arrived at the park at opening and were told that the Mummy would be open in the afternoon and that there was the big media day thing going on at 11:00. We decided to walk over anyway and we were approached by a nice lady who asked if we would like to be the first to ride with Brendan Fraser. Of course we were thrilled and had to wait around forever while the media extravaganza went on. We were put here and then there and then here again while they tried to figure out the best way to get the car loaded without interfering with the camera crew. We had to sign photo waivers and hang around inside the ride for an hour or so. There were enough of us to fill two cars but we managed to ride in the same car as Brendan Fraser and have our pictures taken and interviewed, etc. However, they wouldn't let us purchased the ride photo, which disappointed us. It was definitely something to remember even though I don't think Brendan Fraser was even aware that we were there.

If you ever get to see the ride photo (maybe someday they will post it in the store) we are the two in the back row wearing orange shirts.

They gave us Mummy head gear and something else that I can't remember and the whole experience was pretty neat.

I was there that day too. I didn't ride with Brenden but I sure wish I had gotten the chance to meet you.

Bev

I was there that day too. I didn't ride with Brenden but I sure wish I had gotten the chance to meet you.

Bev

I watched for you the whole weekend but didn't ever see you. We saw your webdesigner son hanging out with the girls at the Ghostbuster show, though. And I think we saw your other son working at the Mummy.

Oh, and I am now a proud MIB master, thanks to the great tips. I maxed out twice without the bonus!!! (hence my new sig, they gave me a sticker--I was so proud, my son has never gotten a sticker!!!)

Bev
She ended up meeting me, though she didn't know it was me, nor did I know it was her until after she posted about this. pirate:

Originally posted by the Dark Marauder
She ended up meeting me, though she didn;t know it was me, nor did I know it was her until after she posted about this. pirate:

I knew it was you Mr. Scarab on the head, Mr. Attack the poor little bug-phobic girl with the scarab!!!! I just didn't know it until later that night at the Dis meet.

yes...and it was Dark Marauder who scared me with the damn scarab thing...while talking to seahag and her hubby :eek:

LOL damo!!!! God, our timing! :rotfl:

You should have seen me last Sunday....I was sitting front row of the Graveyard Revue. A bug was kicked in my direction, and I screamed. My friend, who was way in the "cheap seats" heard me, and ran down to see what happened...she thought I was crazy, when she saw a beetle no bigger than a penny.......LOL!!! :p :p :p

I don't know how you survive living in Florida with those bugs, Flyfly. You should move up here where the bugs are just little;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter