your thoughts on tours Backstage Safari or key to the kingdom

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
I did the KTTK tour and loved it in October with my dh. This weekend I will be at DW for a long weekend til Tues. My ds (17) wants to do a tour and since I did KTTK I really didn't want to do it again. So, he picked the backstage safari tour but now I am thinking how exciting is the safari anyway compared to the kttk tour and If we did the kttk tour could it be a bit different than last time?? Has anyone ever done the backstage safari tour before and did you like it??

Thanks,
Cheryl

Bawb did a review of Backstage Safari on the 8/7/07 show. Maybe listen to that to get an idea if you'd enjoy it. You'll also learn what a "cheeter" is :rotfl:

I think if you did KTTK again, it would be different. I think each guide probably puts their own spin on it & probably has their own set of facts & tidbits that they share.

I like KTTK much more than Backstage Safari. It could have been the guide but I was pretty disappointed with it.

We have done both. While I would put KTTK ahead of backstage safari, we really enjoyed the backstage safari and you get to touch a rhino which is pretty cool.

- Scott

spoke to my ds yesterday and we booked key to the kingdom tour 8:30 am (the 9 and 9:30 tour was all filled) he has always wanted to "peek" back stage and go under main st I did tell him in both areas you don't stay there for that long but he is ok with that and then we will spend the rest of the day @ the mk.

Cheryl

Even though you decided on the KTTK tour, the Backstage at AK is amazing. We actually did it twice...second time was much better. We did get to touch a white rhino on both tours. You really can't compare it to the KTTK tour...totally different, but if you like AK, you love the backstage safari!

I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

I just wanted to say have a great time, have fun and enjoy in your upcoming trip. Looking forward in hearing more from you after you came back.

Have a nice day everyone. :)

aww thank you so much :hug: I am not 100 % packed yet but getting there looks like great weather this weekend can't wait. I will report when I get back!!

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter