Your Opinions, Please? Most relaxing/romantic moderate

MandLBee

Mouseketeer
I am planning already for DH's 60th birthday, a little less than 2 years from now in February/March 2019. He has expressed interest in a cruise (because it's all inclusive, "somebody else takes care of everything for you and you get to relax"), especially an Alaskan or European one. He loves the outdoors, and isn't really into Disney theming necessarily. I, on the other hand, you will never catch on a cruise ship and I'm not at all outdoorsy. We are doing the full Ft Wilderness tent camping experience this year with our 5 kids, but for his birthday it will just be us.

We have not had more than 1 night away since our honeymoon 15 years ago. And since then, we have only spent a night away three times. We need a vacation!! So, with a large family, and him on disability (so, money is definitely an object), the most I can do is 4 nights at a moderate resort, 2-day park hoppers, and the dining plan. Because I want it as easy and carefree as possible. We will want a room with a King bed, a quiet resort and pool, and things should feel easy.
Hit me with your best ideas! Even ones that aren't Disney if you know of anything (staying in the US) that has that all-inclusive feel. THANK YOU!!

Since he likes outdoorsy stuff, I would suggest a preferred room at POR. You will be in the AB section that has the woodsy room decor:) Only issue is that a king bed is a room category so you would only be able to put in a request for the AB section. Here is a site that you can check out both of the PO resorts. www.portorleans.org

You should really consider a cruise if you physically can, they are so nice and you can often get great prices on cruises. We did a Mediterranean cruise on royal for $550 each and it was 7 nights, the killer is getting there and back!

Anyway, the new rooms at Coronado look really nice and with all of the updates, I that would be a good choice!

I agree that you should consider a cruise. I guess I just don't understand if this is for DH birthday and a cruise is what he wants then why plan a Disney trip?

I agree that you should consider a cruise. I guess I just don't understand if this is for DH birthday and a cruise is what he wants then why plan a Disney trip?
He could go by himself I guess :) I have a great fear of being on the ocean, trapped on a vessel I can't leave. I know that's not how people who like cruises see it, but it would be a nightmare for me.
The main selling point of a cruise is the "Its all taken care of" feeling and the containment of it.

My favorite is POFQ it is small and quaint and I think the walk to and around POR is romantic! You get the small intimate resort, with the large grounds of Riverside!

Have you considered an all inclusive resort if he wants relaxing and taken care of? Seems like he wants something non-disney since he brought up a cruise and based on likes you could probably go to Alaska and stay at a lodge or even go some where in europe and stay all inclusive. The flights would probably be more but the hotel would be the same or less then Disney's and no need for park tickets.

He could go by himself I guess :) I have a great fear of being on the ocean, trapped on a vessel I can't leave. I know that's not how people who like cruises see it, but it would be a nightmare for me.
The main selling point of a cruise is the "Its all taken care of" feeling and the containment of it.

My daughter feels teh same way, and while she has said that if my DH really wanted a family trip on a cruise she would go, we would never ask her to.

I also suggest that you skip Disney for this special occasion and choose an all inclusive resort somewhere else. I love Disney, but feel that it is not the only place to visit.

With that said, I woudl look at POFQ for the Disney moderate.

I will suggest renting points from a DVC owner and staying at Old Key West. It checks off the relaxing, king size bed and quiet pool requirement. There are several locations that really let you enjoy the outside, balconies/patios face ponds with a lot of wildlife. You can walk to Disney Springs through the backside of the golf course next to a canal, very relaxing :) if you enjoy walking.

I really don't get a romantic vibe from any of the moderate resorts. But most relaxing for me is definitely POFQ.

If staying on property, POR is lovely and has a small bar with some light entertainment...large pool plus 5 quiet pools - watercraft to Downtown Disney..if you want off property, have you considered one of the river cruises? We have several friends who wont go on the ocean cruises but love the river cruises - always in sight of land and they have loved the food and smaller ships!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter