your opinion?

Cant wait for Disney

DIS Veteran
there will be 5of us (adults) heading down in June. We like to have a couple breakfasts and dinners sit down and are happy with QS lunches. Would you recommend the ddp for us or think oop is a better idea? thank you!

I'd compare where you'd want to dine and would pay OOP, to the cost of the Dining Plan. If you are going to be there 6 nights but only really want 2 or 3 TS meals, then it may be better to just pay for those TS meals OOP. If you are looking at a TS every day or almost every day, then the DP may be worth it.

If you want a dining plan I'd recommend the QS plan based on your preferences. I am, however, not clear on whether you want a sit down dinner every night (in which case the regular dining plan will fit your purposes better) or if you just book a couple of sit down dinners and breakfasts for the whole trip.

If you all like to have dessert and non-alcoholic drinks with every meal and have snacks in between meals then I would do the DDP. If you like to drink water and have an occasional dessert then OOP would probably be cheaper even with a few TS meals. For my family of four the DDP would be about $200 per day :scared1: What I do is put that money in an envelope and pay OOP. We eat very well, whatever we want plus some snacks and never manage to spend it all per day.

Look over the menus of places you might want to eat at TS & CS and what you would order to see if it adds up to more than the cost of the DDP.
Last year we had free DDP.When I came back I did a spreadsheet on what we spent that the DDP covered (no tips or adult beverages) took out what we wouldn't have gotten if it wasn't included(multiple desserts:scared1:) In the end we found no big savings for us so this year we took a room discount instead.
If you are worried about budgeting for food you can buy Disney giftcards.We bought some this year to prepay some of the food costs.
All the places we went to this year took them and it gave us greater flexibity.
Instead of getting a dessert we didn't want or none at all we could get a salad You can also use the giftcard at Ghirardellis (yum) in DTD or for things the DDP doesn't cover:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter