Your opinion please!

DisneyDebRob

Earning My Ears
I need your opinions on three things that my wife and I want to do this year at disney because we can't make up our mind.:confused3

We go every year for 2 weeks and always try a few new things on our trips.We will be in the World on Nov.27th for 2 weeks.Last year we tried the Segway tour in EPCOT and it was a blast! This year we found one open night during our trip and can't seem to make up our mind what to plan.Any help would be great! Heres the choices:

1-The new dinner and movie at AMC.We are sold after hearing Kevin discuss it and its something we would love to do.

2-YeeHaw Bob at Port Orleans-We always wanted to get over there for some fun and drinks and just have never found the time.We hear its a blast!

3-Jellyrolls-Another place we have passed numerous times and always said lets go but still after 10 straight years haven't found the time.

We are both close to the 50 year old mark and will be staying at Old Key West if that matters.We like a occasional drink:woohoo: and love music and movies so you can see our problem.Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

By the way,we may,I say may,have another night free if something doesn't work out so we might be going with everyone's first 2 choices!:)

Would definitely lean towards number 3 and 2.

AMC Dine-In can maybe be found elsewhere whereas the other two are very Disney Only experiences.

If it is a rain day then maybe the movie night might be fun.

Oh I don't know.... sorry!

Yehaa Bob is AWESOME! :thumbsup2 He is very interactive with the crowd (there's always a crowd). Seeing that you will be @ WDW the end of November... you may get to experience his Christmas act. BTW, he is only there Wednesday thru Sunday.

Jellyrolls!
First few times I went, I planned on staying "a little while" with friends. Each time we ended up cloising the place. Now I get there early (to get a table up front!) and plan on staying until closing.

Gather up your dollar bills and make a list of your favorite songs!

There is a wide range of patron ages, you won't feel out of place (I'm 44).

Enjoy!

Tammy

They'd all be fun choices, but I choose the movie and Yehaa Bob.

Sure, you can see a movie at home, but the Dine in sounds like fun. I'm not sure what part of PA you live in, but there aren't too many of these types of theaters around. (I know there IS one in Collegeville- but not an AMC)
Plus- from OKW, you can enjoy the wonderful boat ride to and from Downtown Disney- which makes for a nice evening in itself!

Yehaa Bob is just plain FUN!!
Performing at Port Orleans Riverside Wednesdays through Saturdays (according to his facebook page today), his show starts at 8:30. Get there early so you can get a table, and plan to stay until he finishes around midnight! You will be AMAZED at his energy! And your cheeks will hurt from laughing so much. :rotfl2:

go see a movie and then go to Jelly Rolls. All in one night, and then go see yee haw bob (you might want to check his website to see his schedule in case he is off on holidays when you are there) another night.

go see a movie and then go to Jelly Rolls. All in one night, and then go see yee haw bob (you might want to check his website to see his schedule in case he is off on holidays when you are there) another night.

^ Now, that's what I call *excellent* advice ! :smickey:

Thanks so much for all the advice!

I think we are leaning now to yeehaw bob for the night with nothing planned.The second night,if it becomes open,the movie and dinner then over to jellyrolls sounds like a blast!I'm thinking we may be able to squeeze all 3 in now!Thanks so much fellow dis'ers!!:banana:

I picked #3 by process of elimination.

I can see movies at home, so #1 is out the window.
YeeHaw Bob is much more fun for kids than adults. I don't think it is as fun as it is hyped up to be.

So, I'm voting for Jellyrolls, which I actually enjoy.

BUT if you haven't seen Blue Man Group over at Uni, I think that's a great show and a lot of fun. :)

Good luck with your decision and have fun!!!!

I like the dinner and movie idea, as well. While it's true I can sea a movie at home, I don't have an AMC "fork and screen" location near me. I want to do this just for the experience. I've been to WDW enough times that I don't think I'm wasting vacation time doing this.

And both Yeehaw Bob and Jellyrolls are fun experiences.

Just for an FYI, Jellyrolls does have a cover charge. $10 per person. There's no minimum drink requirement inside.

My suggestion would be Yehaw Bob. Not that I'm hoping or wanting him to go away but you never know with Disney. An underappreciated jem like this could be removed at anytime. Take advantage of him while he is around. That's why I'm going see in him in a month.

Sorry that I'm not going to be much help, as all of your options sound great...What ever you do, have a wonderful time.

^ Now, that's what I call *excellent* advice ! :smickey:
I like the dinner and movie idea, as well. While it's true I can sea a movie at home, I don't have an AMC "fork and screen" location near me. I want to do this just for the experience. I've been to WDW enough times that I don't think I'm wasting vacation time doing this.
And both Yeehaw Bob and Jellyrolls are fun experiences.
Just for an FYI, Jellyrolls does have a cover charge. $10 per person. There's no minimum drink requirement inside.
Husband and I are planning on doing the dinner and movie thing 'cause where we live, we won't EVER have a chance to experience it. I wouldn't have thought about going to Jellyrolls after, though, without this thread, so THANKS, everyone (and most especially, to the original poster who got it all started)! :goodvibes

They'd all be fun choices, but I choose the movie and Yehaa Bob.

Sure, you can see a movie at home, but the Dine in sounds like fun. I'm not sure what part of PA you live in, but there aren't too many of these types of theaters around. (I know there IS one in Collegeville- but not an AMC)
Plus- from OKW, you can enjoy the wonderful boat ride to and from Downtown Disney- which makes for a nice evening in itself!

Yehaa Bob is just plain FUN!!
Performing at Port Orleans Riverside Wednesdays through Saturdays (according to his facebook page today), his show starts at 8:30. Get there early so you can get a table, and plan to stay until he finishes around midnight! You will be AMAZED at his energy! And your cheeks will hurt from laughing so much. :rotfl2:

We went to the one in Collegeville and it was so fun! It is called the Movie Tavern. It was just like what Kevin and John described on the podcast. I don't think we can go back to a regular movie theater again. So the AMC Dine-In gets my vote!

My suggestion would be Yehaw Bob. Not that I'm hoping or wanting him to go away but you never know with Disney. An underappreciated jem like this could be removed at anytime. Take advantage of him while he is around. That's why I'm going see in him in a month.

I was thinking this, too.

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter