Your guests charging on Magic Bands

Donna M

DIS Veteran
When you have other people staying with you, when they charge do the charges appear on a single room bill like they did with the cards? Have they changed anything? Will I need to create two charging accounts when we get there?

It was all on one bill, with the name of the person who charged.

I have called three times about this topic and gotten the same answer every time.

We are going in Dec. and we have a 2 bedroom villa at SSR.

I was told we could put up to three different charge cards on one room each one connected to different magic bands. They were very clear that we would be able to get 3 different room charge bills.

Anyone experience anything different?

I have called three times about this topic and gotten the same answer every time.

We are going in Dec. and we have a 2 bedroom villa at SSR.

I was told we could put up to three different charge cards on one room each one connected to different magic bands. They were very clear that we would be able to get 3 different room charge bills.

Anyone experience anything different?

If they are starting this, it's new to us.

Great news, but definitely new.

Hi there

That certainly is great news if it's true. I wouldn't think it would be too hard.
For example:
If name 1 then bill card A.
If name 2 then bill card B.

Can anyone say with certainty that this is working?

Yes, it worked for us this past October. We had two people on one card and two other people on another card and it worked perfectly.

There seems to be a potential problem with on line check-in. It only asks for one credit card and forces you to give a 4 digit code to all guests. Of course they don't know the code so they can't charge. However, when my guests checked in hours ahead of me the cm had them give a new charging code. It wasn't until I checked in that I could restrict access to myself and return the code to my choice for it. I suspect most guests wouldn't abuse this, but it is a potential risk.

There have been a couple threads on the "regular" boards here regarding this issue. They can definitely assign different credit cards and pins to each MB, BUT, many people have reported when they checked the bill, sometimes all charges were to one card. Or, some charges were to the incorrect person, etc...so, just be sure to keep track of purchases/charges as best you can and check your bill when you check out.

We just did this at AKV a few weeks ago. We had another couple staying with us in a 2BR. Credit cards were assigned to our MagicBands during check in.

First they took my credit card, linked my MagicBand and had me assign a PIN. Then they linked my wife's MagicBand to the credit card.

Next, they took a credit card from the other couple, linked their MagicBands and had them assign a PIN.

Note that we were not allowed to use different PINs on the same credit card. My wife and I each had to use the same PIN and the other couple had one PIN for their card.

Forgot to mention that we had no issues. Everything was charged to the proper cards. :thumbsup2

I gave them my email address (or they already had it) so I received an email with a PDF of all my charges on checkout day. The other couple did not provide an email so they received a paper copy hanging on the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter