Your Favorite Resort Restaurant??

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
We will likely have a car on our next Disney visit (we usually don't) and there is room in the tentative plan for one dinner outside of the parks or our own resort.

We'll likely do the Dining plan, and be looking to use one table-service credit each (though I'm not totally opposed to doing a two-credit option and paying OOP at quick service for some other meal if I'm really sold on something.)

So, what's your favorite "hidden gem"?

Here are some of my top restaurants at the Resorts:

1. 'Ohana - Polynesian
2. 1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian
3. Cape May Cafe - Beach Club
4. Beaches & Cream - Beach Club
5. Boma - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House
6. Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village
7. Kona Cafe (if theres no ADRs available at 'Ohana) - Polynesian
8. Jiko (my hidden gem, highly recommended!) - 2 Credits - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House

Breakfast - Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Lunch - Grand Floridian Cafe, Grand Floridian :)
Dinner - Yachtsman Steakhouse - Yacht Club (2 credits) or Las Ventanas - Coronado Springs (1 credit)

DW and my favorites at the resorts:
California Grill (Signature, so 2TS credits, but it is excellent)
Cape May Café
The Wave
Sanaa

We've also doe 'Ohana, 1900 Park Fare, and Chef Mickey's - they were OK to just not good. Of course, that's personal opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

The Wave is a good option for a table service place (1 credit). We found the food to be better than most other table service restaurants but I thought the atmosphere was only so-so. However, our favorite 1-credit resort restaurants are either 'Ohana or Boma. 'Ohana is very popular and I think serves some good food, though a bit limited in the selection. Boma is generally regarded as the best buffet on property and Animal Kingdom Lodge is a wonderful resort to visit.

The best we've had for both location and food is Narcoossee's (2 credits) at Grand Floridian. Atmosphere was great and the food was very good. However, when we went you could get a steak and lobster tail on the dining plan and you can no longer get that combo, so the "value" isn't quite as good. Still, highly recommended. We also really enjoyed Yachtsman (2 credits) -- probably the best Disney-owned steak restaurant on property. The atmosphere isn't as nice as Narcoossee's but is still pretty good. And Yacht Club is also a great resort to visit.

On edit, I doubt any of these are "hidden gems," other than perhaps The Wave.

Thanks, everyone, for all the great suggestions!

I think I'm leaning toward Boma. AKL is on our "someday" resort wish list, so I'd love to check it out!!

On edit, I doubt any of these are "hidden gems," other than perhaps The Wave.

Ironically, that's the one on the list we have been to! We loved it, but I'm in the mood to explore new places this trip.

Boma is always good but Sanaa was one of the best meals I've had on property! You can't beat the views and the food was amazing, definitely a hidden gem as I've been able to get same day reservations. As others have said, the bread service is a must!

Bluezoo at the Dolphin is outstanding - its a Todd English restaurant if you care about such.

Our hidden gem is Olivia's at OKW. It's not fancy like some others listed, however. It was laid back and comfortable and the food was good. That makes us happy :)

Ooooh, I just checked that out. It's definitely going on the short list! Thanks :)

Cape May for a buffet. 1900 Park Faire for a character buffet. The Wave, as well. We also just tried Sanaa and loved it. Our all time favorite for a resort meal is the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch. I would not recommend on the DDP, though. We pay OOP and it is very reasonable. We enjoy riding the boat or monorail from MK instead of eating in the park. They have consistently great service, salads, pasta, and sandwiches. It is quiet and peaceful and a good excuse to visit the GF.

IMO Sanaa is unquestionably the best single credit restaurant on property, let alone in a resort. The food is amazing and you cannot beat the savanna views. Watching giraffes and zebras while you eat unique (for disney at least) and delicious food is a must-do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter