Your expert opinion please...

Rodrigo

Epcot Mexico
Just saw this deal in the Disney Latinamerican site (www.disneylatino.com), for Mexico residents:

Package "Resort Magic" for 2 adults and 2 children (3-9yo) (and one 0-2yo for free)

$699 p/person (adults and children pay the same)

Includes:

- Round Airfare from Mexico City (which is usually very expensive, not less than $350 p/p)
- 8 days / 7 nights in an All Star Resort.
- Unlimited magic passes for all the stay
- One character breakfast
- Ground transportation from the airport to hotel (both ways)

This offer ends June 30 and must leave Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Called Disney, the total for DW, DD4 and DS2 and Me with taxes is $2,870

They offered me a second package "Adventure Magic", the same but with one big sit down meal per day, I can choose breakfast, lunch or dinner, any restaurant in the parks or resorts (can be a Character meal every day) : $3,415

So DIS experts, you think I can get a better deal booking by myself all the pieces?

Personally, I think you can do better on your own, booking things separately. Check out the website: www.mousesavers.com. It is chock full of savings. It saved us about $700 on the hotel stay alone, last year.

DH and I booked with a travel agent the year prior to that and paid a mint for a package deal. We'll never do it again. We actually stayed at a nicer deluxe resort for less money and did all of the same things!! Not to say anything against travel agents. It just pays to do the homework yourself sometimes.

I'm not sure what the airline rates are these days. I still think you can get some good discounts. Check out: www.travelocity.com, www.expedia.com, and maybe even www.cheaptickets.com.

Good Luck to You!
Annemarie

Thank you Annemarie.

But just checked cheaptickets.com (I don't know why the name), and the round ticket Mex - MCO is $511 p/p ! Almost the price of the full package from Disney!

Called a local airline (Aeromexico) the flight costs $531 adult, $360 p/child.

I will continue looking for better prices, but the Disney deal seems great to me...

I'm surprised by the flight rates!!! Wow. At those rates you would do better to go with the package. You may want to check the airlines websites for deals too. (www.aa.com) Sometimes they run specials.

It may be that the "Resort Magic" package is best when you have the airfare to factor in. Anyway you look at it though, once you've looked around --- if you find a better deal or not, you can smile knowing you checked it out and got the best for your money. Be it through a Disney package or not.

If I run across any other websites that would help out, I'll pass it on to you.

Take care,
Annemarie

Well, if you can't get less than $400 pp for airfare, go the with the package.

Personally, I would take the cheaper package, too.

That's a awful lot of extra money for food for a family with 2 small children that probably don't eat that much.

You might ask if there is a Disney Club discount with this package. Would be worth joining the DC. for the discount.

Herc.

I'm a travel agent and Disney freak but ultimately, I'm all for saving a buck or two. For airfare check out the flights on expedia.com and travelocity.com. You should also look into sidestep.com. It is a safe download and works this way: if you are pricing airfare on any site, sidestep will automatically pop up on the side of your screen and price the same flight at the same time.

With the total package price you mentioned, it sounds like the tour operator is able to offer it that cheap based on a pre-negotiated bulk fair rate for the airfare.

I would call the tour operator and ask for a "land only" rate. Then call back and confim your "air/land package". Compare the 2 different prices and that will give you the airfare rate. If you can find cheaper airfare on your own, piece a package together on your own. If not, most definitely take the package!

For my own personal travel to Disney I have priced it out to death (it's a travel agents obsession to get the cheapest price :-) and even worse when I have the "bug" to go somewhere) and there have been times that purchasing the package from WDWTC was cheaper because they had MUCH cheaper airfare. Good luck to you! :)

Rodrigo...

FInd out what the cancellation policy on the package is, if it seems reasonable to you go ahead and book it AND then research for better prices that way you won't loose a great deal while you're trying to find a better deal.

Angela

I don't think that is a bad deal at all if you can't get the airfare down.... :D

If you assume your airfare is $350 per person - for four persons you are already at $1400.

7 Nights at the All Stars with the summer saver special would be about $580

UPH Passes for 8 days (no DC discount) would be approximately $1017.00

Character Breakfast - $50.00

Your total would be $3047.00

If you can get your airfare for less than $350, you will do better booking on your own.

Thank you everyone!

I will book the package while look for a good airfare. I would prefer to travel later in the summer, but this seems to be a good oportunity. Just checked the American Airlines fare $640 per person! Can't belive it! I just want a ride, don't want to keep the airplane! :eek:

Disnee Dad Says...........................................Listen very quietly, and make sure no one ever finds out I said this or my reputation will be tarnished for ever, but BUY THE CHEAPER PACKAGE! I have always said I could beat any package, and I probably could on this one too, but the real question is what will you do with the $5 you might save for all that work! Assumeing you are correct about airfare, this is the first package deal to WDW that gets the Disnee Dad seal of approval. As if thats something you need!!! Have a great trip.

I'd go with the cheaper package too. I can't get over the American Airlines rate of $640 pp!! Where did all of the good rates go??!!

I don't think you can beat the package with the airfares being what they are.

Hope you have a fabulous trip!
Annemarie

Thank you everybody!

Disnee dad, be sure your secret advise will stay safe as your reputation.

I've found out that the travel agents here in Mexico have all the cheap plane tickets aside... well I suppose that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter