Your Best Choice For Offsite Hotel??

mt mommy

Mouseketeer
I really wanted to plan a trip next year and stay at GCH. BUT, now we've decided to take MIL. SO, we can't afford 2 rooms at GCH.:confused:

SO, what offsite hotel would you choose?? I prefer to WALK to the park, not take a bus.

ANY IDEAS?? Thanks in advance!!!:banana:

top rated off-sites by Disboarders are:

Candy Cane Inn (free dedicated shuttle, 10 min walk, free cont. breakfast)
Howard Johnson (best off-site pool area, 10 min walk, lovely grounds, large rooms)
Best Western Park Place Inn (closest to the park)

I'd also look into Camelot Inn - that is a decent property, and probably less expensive than BW Park Place Inn

You said you usually stay at the GC, but can't afford two of their rooms, but what about a suite. I've priced it out and a 1 or even 2 bedroom suite is still less than 2 rooms. Or even a suite at the DLH? But if you want to stay off property, you will still either need two rooms, or a suite if there are more than 5 in your party. And you can look up most of the hotels mentioned here online and get a feel for the room layouts.

We have stayed at several off-site motels. The last time we went (Oct.) we stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriot and were very pleased. They have done quite a bit of remodelling and is very clean and comfortable. It is about a block away from the crosswalk to DL. McDonalds is next door so it convenient for snacks or breakfast on the way to the parks. Have a great time!

We have stayed at the Fairfield Inn in the past and really enjoyed our stay. This upcoming trip we are going to try out the Howard Johnson !

You said you usually stay at the GC, but can't afford two of their rooms, but what about a suite. I've priced it out and a 1 or even 2 bedroom suite is still less than 2 rooms. Or even a suite at the DLH? But if you want to stay off property, you will still either need two rooms, or a suite if there are more than 5 in your party. And you can look up most of the hotels mentioned here online and get a feel for the room layouts.

YOu are SOO helpful. I will check that out for sure. Thanks so much. Have you stayed in a 2 bdrm suite in GC or DLH?

I highly recommend Howard Johnsons in Anaheim. They have awesome customer service. We only stay there when looking for off sight accommodations. My husband refuses to stay anywhere else. The rooms we were in had nice, new plush, pillow topped mattresses. The beds seemed so thick to me that I felt like I had to get a running start to be able to jump in the bed! :lmao:
Here's a picture, don't mind the mess, we were severly overpacked since after 5 days @ Disneyland, we still had about 10 more days vacation.
DSC_4103.jpg

If you want to see other views of the room and amenities within the room check out my webshots album:
http://community.webshots.com/album/562280441PIZueP?start=0

Howard Johnson's customer service is awesome, :cheer2: their rooms are comfy and large, and for us it's only a 7 minute walk to DL. Lorealle and staff have gone over and above the call of duty to work with us to accommodate our various needs...

YOu are SOO helpful. I will check that out for sure. Thanks so much. Have you stayed in a 2 bdrm suite in GC or DLH?

Our first 2 bdrm suite stay is coming up in about two weeks at the DLH, there were some suite pictures on another thread, and I'm going to take a bunch while I'm there. I wasn't feeling the GCH this time price-wise, but I'm hoping to do an off peak stay later in the year or next year.

Hi! :wave2: We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn on Clementine last weekend and LOVED it. Nice one bedroom suite, 2 TV's, kitchen, great hot breakfast...good location too! We used our points to stay there 4 nights and we were very pleased all around. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! Have a great time, where ever you stay!!! :goodvibes

The Hyatt offers a familyplan where you pay for the 1st room and get the 2nd connecting room for 1/2 price. It works great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter