Young love trying to save money!!

Emily Jane

Earning My Ears
Me and my boyfriend are going to Disney August 19th 2013!! For my 18th birthday/ graduation. It's my 8th time, and his 1st!!! Im trying to make it as great as possible but aswell as cheap as possible!! The last couple times my family went we had the dinning plan. We got it for free, which saved us a lot!! :woohoo: our parents are paying for the flight and hotel. SO MY QUESTION IS.... When will the free dinning start again?? My mother is a Disney expert and said the end of September or they might NOT EVEN OFFER IT!!! :furious: I like to eat at fancy places but I don't like the fancy prices. So is buying the dinning plan REALLY worth it if it's for two people???

Totally depends on how you are planning to use the credits. If you're going for a lot of 2 credit places, the regular dining plan may not be monetarily a deal, but it will allow you to "splurge" on desserts if you want them at every meal. If you want "cheap as possible" you could certainly spend less than the dining plan costs if you watch what you buy.

It is true that there is no guarantee about free dining offers. So far there has been no general public free dining offer for the US including any dates in 2013. There have been some PIN codes. There are also rumors that the offer will change (possibly to quick service dining at all resorts and no free dining at values) but so far these are only rumors.

I'd suggest you also investigate the Tables in Wonderland discount dining card. We use it every trip and save hundreds of dollars w/ 2 trips in a 12 month period. It is a straight 20% off a huge list of resort, CS and TS sites, all drinks included (alcoholic and non). You are not limited to menu or course choices. Because we love to eat most of our lunch and dinner meals at nice TS and splurge a bit on drinks & a couple desserts to share, we pick breakfast and snack time as our saving choice by bringing snacks into the park (we pack nuts and trail mixes) along with empty water bottles we refill throughout the day/night. DD/DS pack their breakfast foods (DH & I eat at the resort) too. Our VISA disney rewards dollars then fill in the gaps with whatever isn't covered by our TIW ::yes:: In December all we paid for was resort and airfare :thumbsup2

The only guests eligible for Tables in Wonderland membership are annual passholders, DVC members and Florida residents. If you're in that category and you plan to spend more than $500 on (mostly table service) dining at Walt Disney World in the next 13 months, it's a consideration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter