Young family, CBR, CSR or ASMo?

ammer0910

Earning My Ears
We have a family of 5, dh and I, dd 7, ds 5 and dd 2. This is our 2nd family trip, last was in '08 when dd#2 was just a little bean in my belly.

We have NE tix for all but my son (now 5), so we're looking for room-only res and I'll get his ticket separately.

With the $ we'll save by having our other 3 tickets paid for already from '08, I was hoping to stay at a mod. Last trip was at POP.

For obvious $$ reasons ASMovies is of course the most affordable, I chose that over other values because of the theme.

Considering the young age of our family, and that dd#2 would be in a stroller quite a bit around the resort, which resort would you recommend?

I like the look of CBR - the beachy feel, the sand... But want to consider other things like how far to walk from room to pool, from room to dining, and transportation from resort to parks. I haven't looked up if either CBR or CSR is near the monorail or if it's buses only.

What other factors would you look at between CBR, CSR and ASMo, especially those with young children?

Thanks!

The only hotels on the monorail are the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, & Polynesian (all deluxes).

I've stayed at CBR a few times and enjoy it. I love the theme. Each time I stayed in building 45 (Jamaica), which isn't preferred but is not far from the food/main pool area. You walk across the lake from Jamaica to the main area and there is a neat island with birds on it. The buses were fine. When I stayed at CBR I was 14 the first time and 20 the second. The pool was being re-done when I first went, but the resort has 'quiet' pools throughout the property. They do hair braiding which your daughter might like. The little boats you can rent are fun, and I love the beaches and hammocks. The resort is big, and if you get a pirate room I think you're furthest away from the food building. The theme pool at CBR is better than the theme pool at Port Orleans French Quarter (another moderate). I haven't been to the pool at CSR, but I think the Caribbean Beach pool looks more fun than the CSR one.

I would pick CBR or Coronado Springs over All-Star Movies. A family of 5 in one room at AS-Movies seems cramped. Coronado has queen-size beds, Caribbean Beach doesn't, though. I haven't stayed at Coronado, but I do like Caribbean Beach and would stay there again.

check out port orleans - its a wonderful resort and the french quarter also has queen beds, the resort has 2 feature pools as it shares with riverside. it is a great family resort to stay at, if you have any questions please message me.
:thumbsup2

I don't know if you can do 5 in a room at POFQ if you can then def do it. If not have you considered POR? With really young ones you might have more down time from the parks, the boat ride to DTD is really nice. You can also use either pool (POR or POFQ) and POFQ's pool slide is perfect for the little ones. The boat runs to DTD and between the two resorts. It really makes for a easy relaxing day -trying out both pools and going for a late lunch at DTD.

We have a family of 5, dh and I, dd 7, ds 5 and dd 2. This is our 2nd family trip, last was in '08 when dd#2 was just a little bean in my belly.

We have NE tix for all but my son (now 5), so we're looking for room-only res and I'll get his ticket separately.

With the $ we'll save by having our other 3 tickets paid for already from '08, I was hoping to stay at a mod. Last trip was at POP.

For obvious $$ reasons ASMovies is of course the most affordable, I chose that over other values because of the theme.

Considering the young age of our family, and that dd#2 would be in a stroller quite a bit around the resort, which resort would you recommend?

I like the look of CBR - the beachy feel, the sand... But want to consider other things like how far to walk from room to pool, from room to dining, and transportation from resort to parks. I haven't looked up if either CBR or CSR is near the monorail or if it's buses only.

What other factors would you look at between CBR, CSR and ASMo, especially those with young children?

Thanks!

Personally, we love everything about CSR (queen beds, pool, quiet pools, hot tub, food, etc.). A lot of people feel the CSR is more appropriate for older kids, but here is a review of someone with young children (and there isa kiddie pool by the main pool): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2490217

The CBR has a great new pool with the zero entry pool, pirate play area in the pool, etc. However, we did not care for the food at the food court and the theme doesn't appeal to us because we go to the beach every year after visiting Disney.

Perosnally, I am not a fan of the values at all, so I would pick either the CSR or the CBR.

We are doing CBR with our two DSs who will be 5 and 2.5. We chose it mainly for the pool since we'll be going in Sept when it's still hot. It's the only moderate with zero entry which is big for me because my youngest can't swim but doesn't want to be held in the pool, the zero entry allows him to play in the water without being held or being restricted to a small stars area. There is also a water play area with a pirate ship, small waterslides, dumping bucket etc which my boys will love. It appears to be the best moderate pool.

We love CBR and pick it because we love the pool area for our 3 and 5 year old boys. When we are not in the parks we are at the pool at the resort. I love the kiddie area for them and also the big pool because of the zero entry, my boys tend to not like a pool if they can not touch the ground so it works real well for us. Last time i took both boys to CBR was when they were 3 and 18 months old and we stayed in the pirate rooms (which are the farthest) and we didnt have a problem with the distance at all, but that is us. The walk was about a 5 to 7 minute walk and that was with the little ones. So anywhere else you stay will be shorter. :goodvibes

I would go with CSR. I personally did not enjoy CBR at all. Having to take a bus to dine and use the main pool was annoying. I like being able to just walk there from my room. We were in the pirate rooms, which is a good 10 min walk to the main pool & food court, so the bus was a better option. The location of CBR was the only thing I liked about it, and the tropical scented air freshener they have. I have heard good things about CSR, but have never stayed there. That will possibly be the next moderate we do. They also have queen sized beds, which would likely be better for you and your family than the full sized beds at ASMo and CBR. I personally would rather stay at ASMo than CBR, I think the Toy Story section would be a fun atmosphere to stay in.

Another vote for CBR! Dh, ds8, dd4 and I will be there in August. We picked it for the theme and the pool.

Stayed at POR last year and had a great time but the theme really didnt do it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter