You won't believe what happened to me yesterday!!

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
I was in church last night and I was still having a VERY rough day! On top of the finance thing, the check engine light has popped on again in my Jetta. Also, when I drive there is a high pitched squealing noise. When I apply my breaks, it stops. So I imagine I need break work now on top of everything else. :( I went to work yesterday for $20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay so I have to think, it's $20 I didn't have when I got there right?
So anyway, after eating, our church serves dinner on Wed. night, I went to pick up DH from work so he could attend church also. When we arrived back at church my night seem to worsen. I just started ballin'!!!!!!!!!!! I was so lost and over it!! A lot of my church family asked me what was wrong and I didn't want to talk about it. I wanted to sit in the back of the church by myself but "papa" wouldn't let me. There's a gentlemen in the church who has "adopted" DH and myself and we call him Papa, his name is Vonnie. So anyway he sat back there with me throughout the service. When it came time for tithes and offerings I reached into my pocket and pulled out all but $5 of the money I made at work yesterday. I made $20 and I tithed $15. I knew that I had to. Those of you who read the bible know what I mean. So anyway as service ended, Papa reached for my hand and said this to me, "It's not much but go get yourself a tank a gas. I know that you and Charles sacrafice a lot driving to church and I hope it helps." I didn't look but he later said to me, "$20 may not put much in your tank, but it's better than nothing!"

DH and I drive about 30 minutes to church every Wed and Sun. We don't mind doing it all. I had mentioned nothing to Papa about my finances or what was going on and for him to give me $20 was such a blessing! AND A BLESSING WAS DEFINITELY WHAT IT WAS!! Just when I think that He's not there for me, He proves Himself once again! Isn't that amazing??!! :D I know for some of you that $20 isn't much, but considering how tight DH and I are on money right now, it's quite a lot. I finally got to the point last night driving home from church where I was like, why worry? It says in MATTHEW 6:27 WHO OF YOU BY WORRYING CAN ADD A SINGLE HOUR TO HIS LIFE. I just started laughing and I turned on my radio to listen to one of my favorite rap groups BURNING BUSH. (Isn't that a great name for a christian rap group). Okay so it took til 9:45 pm for my day to get better, but who says I can't start my day over any time I want?? :jester:

So that's what happened to me yesterday, Papa Vonnie from church gave me $20 because he got the "word" to do so. He had no idea what was going on with DH and I and it was so what I needed to see that HE is always there and that HE will ALWAYS be there. I hope I didn't bore any of you or that you were expecting something bigger or worse. I just wanted to share something good with my friends.

~~~Denise :wave: :wave:

See, how it all works out....

Isn't that great... I can't tell you how many times we have sacrificed and amazing things have happened....

{{{HUGS}}} Denise....yes HE is always there! There is a bumper sticker around here that says "Why worry God's in Control" and I believe that 100 percent! God is in control....He certainly has been in my life....got pregnant before DH even graduated from high school, we barely got by with enough money to eat and thankfully 13 years later we are still together. Also remember something else that a deacon in our church once said "God will never give you more than you can handle!"

Hang in there your faith and heart are right where they should be....With God on your side your always the winner.

Actually Beth what the deacon said is a Bible verse

1 Cor 10:13...

God does work in mysterious ways. It always surprises me but it should not.
Quite a few years ago our water heater broke and we didn't have the money to replace it. At Sunday School that week a friend handed me an envelope with some money in it. It iwas exactly the amount needed to replace that water heater.
Thanks for the reminder that God is in control not me.

I closed last night at work and made $34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's normally about $30 less than what I should have made. Please someone let me know that GOD IS in control. I've got $340 in bills due before the 16th and still owe roomie $50 for rent. Someone tell me it's going to happen. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks for sharing your story, Denise. As Lady M's quote in my signature says, what goes around comes around. Big {hugs} for you both. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter