• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You think the lines at Disney and Universal are bad...

wow, looks dangerous. and not so much brag worthy, dont get me wrong, quite an acheivement.

A few people have already died this year and they are saying this line and the amount of people is a factor.

This actually makes me very sad. My husband is a mountain climber in his spare time. If he really wanted to he could train to do Everest. Thankfully he doesn't want to. Partially because it has become such a business. There are so many that try to climb it that they think if they can afford to do it then they can do it. Sherpas risk their lives to get these folks up there. Again thankful that he decided to not pursue this one.

I’ll stick with Expedition Everest in AK, thanks.

Interesting fact: In Expedition Everest you are not riding to the top of Mount Everest. The peak is actually the Forbidden Mountain, and Mt. Everest is one of the smaller mountains off to the side.

Super-realistic themeing in the queue though. That snow almost looks real. Props to the Imagineers. And CM’s dressed like sherpas? Brilliant! :thumbsup2

so, the way down must be on the other side.. can't imagine all the "excuse me, excuse me" as you come back down through that line...

Interesting thought. This is the Nepalese side, and the other side is Tibet. There must be some kind of "go around" to come back down...permits, and such.

I was just listening to a podcast today about how climbers only have a certain span of time (48 hours?) in the low oxygen “death zone” on Everest before they’ll die. So it’s basically a rush to get to the summit and down. This line can’t be good....

I was just listening to a podcast today about how climbers only have a certain span of time (48 hours?) in the low oxygen “death zone” on Everest before they’ll die. So it’s basically a rush to get to the summit and down. This line can’t be good....

This picture surprised me: I thought they had to wear oxygen when they got up that high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter