You should definitely take a solo trip!

Disneymomma18

Mouseketeer
Ok guys I’ve only been here 1 day so far, but being here alone has been absolutely amazing! I can’t describe the feeling of freedom I have by coming here solo. I was able to take my time walking down main street, skipped rides I don’t care for, and ate a kakamora float for dinner! If you are thinking about doing a solo trip GO FOR IT!!

Ok guys I’ve only been here 1 day so far, but being here alone has been absolutely amazing! I can’t describe the feeling of freedom I have by coming here solo. I was able to take my time walking down main street, skipped rides I don’t care for, and ate a kakamora float for dinner! If you are thinking about doing a solo trip GO FOR IT!!

Love it!

Glad I'm not the only one who eats "junk"(as Mom called it for meals. Ghirardelli's sundaes, a No Way Jose, German Caramel snacks, etc. all make great meals.
Just be careful-solo trips can become addictive. 25 years ago, DH and our DS surprised me with a solo trip for Mother's Day. I've taken a "Mom's mental health retreat" every year since then, even though by now, all our kids are grown and gone.

Hold the Phone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> What is a Kakamora Float?!? And where do I find it next April??? Is that anything like a Cowabonga Sink?!?

Hold the Phone >>>>>>>>>>>>>> What is a Kakamora Float?!? And where do I find it next April??? Is that anything like a Cowabonga Sink?!?

It’s on my list to try next month.

Coconut soft serve with pineapple juice and blue curaçao syrup. It comes with a cake pop too.

Love my solo trips (to other places as well). I might actually prefer them to going with my son or hubby. Most definitely better than going with hubby since hates to travel and goes places because I want to and I always know he'd rather be at home on the couch.

Love my solo trips (to other places as well). I might actually prefer them to going with my son or hubby. Most definitely better than going with hubby since hates to travel and goes places because I want to and I always know he'd rather be at home on the couch.

Umm, if I didn't know better, I'd suspect DH had a second family-this sounds just like him! When he and I go together, I spend all my time and energy trying to make sure he has a good time, instead of just relaxing.

I've only done one solo trip and I enjoyed every second of it. While I love vacationing with my friends and family, the ability to do whatever you want, whenever you want, is a real treat when I usually have to plan every single aspect of the vacation. Enjoy yourself!

It is a coconut dole whip in a cup with blue caracou syrup, pineapple juice, and a chocolate fudge cake pop.

Attachments

• B9DC515C-20BD-40BE-A87E-017C456D2A67.jpeg
    B9DC515C-20BD-40BE-A87E-017C456D2A67.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 10
Here’s a little picture recap of my first of many solo trips. I saw so many things I’ve never seen before, took time to see some shows (tiki room, hall of presidents, frozen singalong). I’m a mother of a 3 and 1 year old and let me tell you I have not had a break in 3 years. This was the most relaxing and exciting trip! Exactly what my momma soul needed. 4 days was 1 too many for me. The next time I will do 3 days and come home early on the 4th day rather than staying late that last day. And I apologize in advance I don’t know how to make my pictures upright.
FFCD9586-6EAF-4AE0-92CD-6CFD0293982A.jpegD06F2E0A-4F9F-4FB7-B202-52DE2B1AB9EC.jpegDA3968B4-859C-4C33-B121-52D25DE7C37B.jpegD0D1EBCA-2214-4885-AEE4-934E0569374C.jpeg58C04CA2-FF87-4657-AB70-DB90507E617D.jpeg95EDCF2E-8F32-4B9C-8B4B-6EBDDA954777.jpeg00133457-F96B-479C-BDF8-1DF087E510A4.jpegAC724E92-A303-48BB-9C28-D8EF02412A57.jpeg

Attachments

• 9CAE2446-CF94-4B8A-963E-7136E43B9F69.jpeg
    9CAE2446-CF94-4B8A-963E-7136E43B9F69.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 4
  • D3710038-9EF6-4784-BF32-699C4E45D90B.jpeg
    D3710038-9EF6-4784-BF32-699C4E45D90B.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 4
Love it!

I did a solo trip in October 2019, basically to see Hanson at Eat to the Beat but of course I fit all the parks in. It was glorious. I got to do things my kid would whine about so much that it wouldn't have been enjoyable even if we had done it, like watch the glass blower on Main Street or the Main Street performers. It was so nice to do exactly whatever I wanted to do!

I wouldn't want to go solo every time but once in awhile is excellent for the soul!

I thought I’d love it, but mostly ended up wishing my DS was there. It wasn’t a true solo trip but I had one solo night and some solo time (was there with cousins). While I appreciated that I could do what I wanted, I learned that’s not as important to me as I thought it would be.

I’ve traveled alone many places in the world and always managed to find people to talk with, maybe even eat & drink, and occasionally adventure but Disney just doesn’t lend itself to that kind of spontaneous shared experience

What was originally going to be a trip for just me and my one long-time housemate this coming January has, over the last year, slowly ballooned into a three household/seven person trip (all adults, thankfully), including three complete Disney parks newbies. It's been kind of cool planning it out and I'm super looking forward to spending that time together and making those memories.

...and I have booked myself a solo trip in early May to help myself chill out and not worry about anything I "don't get to do" in January. I'm looking forward to both trips, but January's probably going to be kind of nuts, and May is going to be very chill.

I thought I’d love it, but mostly ended up wishing my DS was there. It wasn’t a true solo trip but I had one solo night and some solo time (was there with cousins). While I appreciated that I could do what I wanted, I learned that’s not as important to me as I thought it would be.

I’ve traveled alone many places in the world and always managed to find people to talk with, maybe even eat & drink, and occasionally adventure but Disney just doesn’t lend itself to that kind of spontaneous shared experience
This is actually one of the big reasons I don't plan to ever do a cruise/parks trip again, at least not one that puts the cruise first. I don't mind the lack of communal experience in general, but things were so friendly and communal on the cruise ship that it was really jarring to go to the parks afterward. So while I don't normally have this problem, I do get where you're coming from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter