You pin traders are evil!!

jdads2

Squirrelly as all heck
What have you people done to us. Here we are just a couple of innocent parents enjoying our first trip to WDW without the kids. Buying a couple of cute pins for the kids and a set of the 100 year celebration "painting" pins and the goofy manhole pins for each kid.

Then "OUCH"...what was that? Felt like I got bit by something. Hmmmm...

Next thing I know my DW is buying my the pin trading lanyard and I'm talking to some CM's about thier pins. Ooooo i like the mickeys on the film strip with the years on them. I guess that I can start trading for those. It IS fun talking to the CM's

I find out that there are 7 in that set with the 7th actually being the last released in the larger millenium set. OK, what do I know, I just think they're neat looking. I end up getting 4 of them real quick and start rewally looking for those CM's with lanyards. I am told that the best time to look for CM's is in the morning when they have the best pins.

I guess I've been bit by the bug...at least a small bite not a full blown rash or anything.

What great fun!! I love talking to the CM's and to knowledgable collectors. I was able to get six of the seven pins I wanted by Friday afternoon(our last day).

By talking to CM's I got so many more benefits: 1. I spoke to Manny at AK and after a nice conversation about pins (we traded) and Mickeys Jammin Jungle parade and why were at AK (Mostly to see the parade) he asked us to be in the parade!! That never would have happened had we not been interested in pin trading!! We spoke to Kimberly and after another nice conversation (she didn't have any we wanted) she gave us a pin anyway and offered to get us into a park the following day for free! We are AP holders so we thanked her and declined the offer. How very nice!

On our last evening we headed to the GF just to speck it out. We started talking to a nice couple from Hamilton, Ontario. We talked about pins and trading and how fun it was and what I needed. Turns out that they had the pin that I wanted! I could have gotten it earlier in the day but the other collector wanted my $15 manhole goofy pin....since I just started trading I figured I just pass that offer by. Well these folks wanted a Mickey pin I had from a CM. So we made the trade. I was thrilled and a little dissappionted. I have a set that I wanted but nothing more to look for.

Hmmmm...I like the new sillouette pins too:D

Another collection to start on our next trip!!

Originally posted by jdads2
I guess I've been bit by the bug...at least a small bite not a full blown rash or anything.

......give it time...LOL!! We *all* started out this way...:D

I have to tell you, Dave, that when I first read your subject line, I was braced for a fight, but you have given me the "laugh of the day".......Thanks for sharing your experiences and welcome to the addict....um, I mean welcome to the fun!

Christy

If you read most of my posts...like I am sure you have the time!! You will see that they are written tongue-in-cheek.

Thanks for the warni...uh welcome

Mahaahhahahahahaha... (evil laugh):jester:
Are the silhouette pins you are interested in from Pinpics like Pin 7134: Minnie Silhouette edition series? I think Pinpics only has three listed, but there are four: Donald, Mickey, Minnie and Goofy.
If you are interested in a 4:4 rack pin trade, JLMK. I bought them on Ebay as traders. I kept thinking if I ever saw a CM's lanyard with four pins I liked, I would do a 4:4 trade. But I didn't.

Yep, those are the ones that I would like to get. I will probably start searching for them on our next trip to WDW in Sept/Oct. It is like a scavenger hunt!!

Oh Dave...you've got it bad....but not to worry, so do the rest of us! You are in good company though, this is a really great group of people (if I do say so myself:D). Come to a meeting (er, chat) on Thursday evenings and meet everyone....

Hello, my name is Leslie and I am addicted to pin trading...LOL!!!:D

Welcome!!

I also LOVE those filmstrips with Mickey and the years. Only I haven't found as many as you yet! I think I have 3 or 4 tops. Our last trip was when I started with the pin collection. I bought DS a lanyard and spotted one of those great pins on the CM selling us the lanyard. I wanted to trade one for it, but DS didn't want to give up a Mickey or Minnie even though he had two! LOL! After I convinced him a couple hours later, of course that pin was gone! :confused: But I did spot a different one on a different CM. DS was okay with giving up a Minnie by then. :p I thought the pins I have say there are 102 in the series. Hmmm...different set?

The 102 pins may come from the Davy Crockett pins in the Millenium series.
There was one release that was an error pin. The wrong date was on the pin.
Then another, corrected, version was released.

Hey Dave,

IF you want to see pin trading at its best, plan your vacation around Sept 19 - a huge Pin Event in Disney World. The biggest of the year.

You will be amazed.

Darlene

I heard about the big pin trading event in September. Unforunately for me , fortunately for my wallet, we will miss this event by a couple of weeks.

I saw on pinpics that the complete set that my little set is part of actually has 103. There is the davey crocket pin, I think pin #'s 57 and 57a and pin #102 Same as pin #101 but Walt's picture is replaced with something, can't remember right now.

We will probably buy some cheaper pins for us and the kids and try some pin trading with the CM's when we get back to WDW this September. Maybe I'll pick some up for my parents as they are planning on joining us for this trip!

thats the way it starts, then "BAM!!!" your addicted....... have fun, its like a game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter