calculator-lt226.jpg

You primary means of communication looked like this:

black-rotary-phone.jpg

You remember this being a national chain of restaurants:

images

You remember going to one of these:

images

I'm guilty of them all.

My house has a child only had rotary phones, even when I went to college in 1994.

I still go to the drive in.

All the rest... nope, too old for me.

Guilty of all of them myself. I will say that the washer was when I was a little girl and I helped my great aunt do her laundry. She was afraid of the basement. I got paid a quarter and used that to go to the saturday matinee and buy popcorn and a soda too - all on ONE quarter.

I remember all but the washer.

But, I did use this to solve math problems in high school and college.

SlideRule.jpg

I was lucky that I was the first class that didn't have to use slide rulers. :thumbsup2 We didn't have Howard Johnson's where I grew up. I had all the rest though.

Oh boy, I remember all of them except the washer. Thanks to previous posters for naming it as I had no idea what it was. Thought it might be a toilet! :rotfl:

Oh boy, I remember all of them except the washer. Thanks to previous posters for naming it as I had no idea what it was. Thought it might be a toilet! :rotfl:
Ooooo...bad image, bad image. :lmao:

I wish I had a washer like that right now. Our washer's spin cycle is messed up and all the water doesn't get out of the clothes so I have to wring them out before putting them in the dryer. What a pain! (I need to call the repair guy!!!)

I'm 40 and I don't remember the first 2, tv or washing machine.

As a kid, we always stopped at a Ho-Jo's when we were on road trips. Everytime my parents would buy me a "hard as a rock stuffed animal". They were at the registers when you were leaving. I had quite the collection. No one including my parents remembers these....Does anyone else????

I still have a wringer washing machine. I use it to store stuff in the garage until I can find a better use (planter?).

We still have a rotary phone connected in the basement. I was recently amazed that you could still dial out on it. Never expected that pulse dialing was still supported.

I remember all the others.

I hope that tvguy posts a picture of the tv set he still uses!

I remember -- as in personally interacted with -- everything but the wringer washer.

Given my age, it might be strange that I've only been to a drive-in movie twice. The first time, I think I was about 5-6 years old, and they were showing Dumbo. This was in Houston, and a truck came by every few minutes fogging for mosquitoes. Every time it did, my mom would cover my face with a wet washcloth to keep me from inhaling the chemical fog, so I missed significant chunks of the movie. I was NOT pleased, and it was more than 20 years before I finally saw the whole movie. The second time it was a double feature, and my GF and I were riding with a couple that she knew. (This was in college.) We watched the first feature with great enjoyment -- Butterflies are Free. For some reason or other :banana:, I have absolutely no memory of the second feature. I think Omar Sharif was in it, though.

And I STILL have my slide rule. Haven't used it in 40 years, though.

I remember all of them.... Especially the wringer washer, I got my hand caught in the wringer when I was about six.... No damage done just scared the crap out of me until my mom could get it out. They opened up from the top for when things got caught - like hands :)

I wish I had a washer like that right now. Our washer's spin cycle is messed up and all the water doesn't get out of the clothes so I have to wring them out before putting them in the dryer. What a pain! (I need to call the repair guy!!!)

Watch what you wish for because if you use one of those wringer washers you have to hang everything out on the line to dry them. No indoor electric dryers.

You remember this as nightime TV:

images

You've used one of these:

Wringer-Washing-Machine1.jpg

You remember when this cost at least $100:

calculator-lt226.jpg

You primary means of communication looked like this:

black-rotary-phone.jpg

You remember this being a national chain of restaurants:

images

You remember going to one of these:

images

I'm guilty of them all.

Sadly so am I. I remember not mastering the slide rule as well. I just went to the drive-in movies two years ago...they haven't completely left yet. Close though!

Watch what you wish for because if you use one of those wringer washers you have to hang everything out on the line to dry them. No indoor electric dryers.

Why? The wringers did a better job than the "gentle" spin cycle on most automatic washers. No reason you couldn't throw them in the dryer after using the wringer. The main problem with wringers were getting fingers/hands caught, breaking buttons and bending hooks and eyes. And they sure got clothes clean.

Yes on all of them. The wringer washer is a bit before my time, but my grandmother used one.

My grandparents had a hunting camp out in the woods (Allegheny National Forest in northern PA.) They eventually moved full time up there from Pittsburgh. They had no running water except for what was pumped from a crick (see the Pittsburghese coming out in me there?) out in the woods in behind the property. My grandmother was washing her clothes and reached back behind her to the basket and instead of grabbing another handful of clothes, she grabbed a handful of fur. Yup, she grabbed a hold of the black bear that mosied up to her.

I remember all of these expecially the slide ruler. I was really have only a little memory of the washer but my Mum had one. I still have my slide ruler but haven't used it in oh a couple of years I guess LOL
We also only had one of the phones in the house and it was on the main floor. There wasn't this everyone having their own phones.
tigercat

I remember driving from New York to Florida in the summer and the only place my parents would stop at was a Howard Johnson.
Don't remember the stuffed animals, but I loved their chocolate ice cream.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter