You guys will know.....

wcw57

DIS Veteran
Realistically, if I am moving a family from Saratoga Springs Resort to Whispering Canyon Cafe: How long should I allow for travel time?

Also----If we are leaving AK for the Luau show, what would the travel time be...

I know that your mileage might vary and there are no guarantees in this life, etc etc.

Many thanks!!!

If you are using Disney transportation, I'd allow at least 90 minutes. You have to take a bus to MK and then the boat or bus to Wildnerness lodge. If you are leaving ak for the Poly, you could probably give yourself a little less time because you only need one bus instead of two.

When we stayed in September and took the bus from AKL to MK it took around 45 minutes on the bus itself. We also had about 20 minutes of wait time that day. I'd say it would be about 60 minutes from AK to Poly.

From Saratoga, I agree, you should need about 90 minutes.

sorry....should have been more clear....internal Disney transportation

Thanks for the input, y'all

Bus from SS to MK. Allow, yeah, an hour including waiting for the bus, stopping at X other stops to unload and load passengers, then drive to MK. Allow another 30-40 minutes from there to WL, again between waiting for transportation then moving then getting to the restaurant.

Disney advises to allow 90 minutes. I’d second that.

If you are willing to Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van, you can cut that time down significantly.

Agreed on the 90 minutes, if not more if your schedule allows. The WL and Poly both have beautiful grounds so if by chance you get there early go explore! IIRC, the luau is a walk from the bus drop off --- maybe 5-7 minutes. At WL the walk is more like 1 minute.

Another option would be to walk or boat to Disney Springs and catch a bus from there to WL.

Another option would be to walk or boat to Disney Springs and catch a bus from there to WL.

This was my thought too. I know there’d be some walking from boat to the bus stop at DS, but time wise it would have to be shorter than SSR->MK->WL, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter