Yikes! What is happening to the Disney Store ?

KKatz

Earning My Ears
I stopped at the Disney Store yesterday and was disappointed to see that 90% of the store is children's clothing and there is very little clothing for adults. No t-shirts or sweatshirts, no men's clothing. The only adult clothes I saw were night clothes for women. What is happening?
My children have outgrown the children's sizes so I visit the Disney Store for me. I hope this is just a change of seasons and not permanent or I won't have much use for the Disney Store anymore.

minnie11a.gif

The same is true at our Disney store. When we talked with our friend the manager, she said that they will be reducing the number of adult clothing items, but will be upscaling the product line. The space left by the reduced stock will be filled with housewares, which they're still waiting to arrive - hence lots of kids clothes at this time. Hope that helps. Tori

mickey1.gif

My Disney store caters to little girls. The majority of the clothes, toys etc... are all in relation to little girls. I have 2 boys and I find it hard to buy them clothes there. The adult section does seem to look smaller as well. I love getting the catelog to look at the adult clothes.

Hey Folks - see the subject (TDS - Watches) here on the Budget Board. Please call, write and/or e-mail to let Disney know you are disappointed!

I posted this on the watches thread but I thought it should go here also. This is the response I just got from Disney regarding this.

Dear Disney Store Guest:

Thank you for your electronic correspondence. We appreciate your interest in The
Disney Store.

We are sorry to hear of your concerns regarding our recent change in our
selection of Adult Apparel.

At this time we have decided to narrowed our Adult product assortment, while
expanding our Kids product assortment. However, we will continue to carry
selected styles of Adult Apparel during various times of the year, typically
revolving around a specific holiday, season and promotion of a film property.

We realize that this change in our Adult Apparel assortment is new for all of
us. Even Walt Disney was always trying to improve the "show", whether the show
was a movie or Theme Park attraction or in our new product. He said, "I can
never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my
work." The Disney Store cannot stand still either. The stores began as an
experiment, and we must continue to explore new avenues to remain the world's
premiere retailer. Many new and exciting product lines will soon be arriving at
all of our stores. We hope that you will enjoy our new assortment as much as our
merchandise staff has enjoyed creating them for you.

Be sure to check out DisneyStore.com and the Disney Store Catalog as they will
continue to have great selections of Adult Apparel to offer you.

The Disney Store is an entertaining retail business, touched by the magic of
Disney, and we will never lose sight of that. Thank you for taking the time to
write and share your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,

The Disney Store, Guest Services
North America

I think their response was great. Note they said "experiment". I truly believe if they see their "experiment" is not working that they will change again to make it work. So, if we all keep letting them know we still want every day adult wear, not just movie theme and holiday clothes, I think they will change back. I'm going to keep letting them know that most of the adult guests going to WDW want to purchase "Mickey", "Pooh", etc. every day wear at The Disney Store before they go to WDW. So keep on being vocal, don't let up, and I'm betting we'll see more and more and more adult clothes coming back to the Stores. They are pushing adults to purchase clothes on-line and through the catalog. I know you can return everything you purchase that way at the Disney Stores but I personally hate buying clothes through catalogs and on-line. I want to see them, feel them, make sure they are long enough, etc. Can't do that on-line and through a catalog. The things I do purchase on-line and through catalogs is usually housewares, gifts, etc. - the stuff they want to sell in the stores now. Go figure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter