Yikes, I have a really bad cold!! And the race is in 3 days!! Help!

sunshine girl

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I never have a chance to post on these boards (I have a relatively new job and just can't steal too many minutes away for the boards). I have to quickly post to say that I'm excited about the race this weekend - I'm running the Disney 1/2 - BUT, sadly, I have a huge, horrible head cold!!

The cold won't go away and seems to be getting worse! Arrgh. I left south Florida and moved to Michigan for this great new job that I couldn't pass up (I know, it sounds crazy, but there are jobs in Michigan!), and the change in weather seems to be destroying my immune system!

Does anyone have any "make the cold go away faster" remedies that they swear by? I'll try anything! I already take vitamins and Emergen-C...

Good luck this weekend to all! Thanks for letting me whine about my cold.

:sunny:

Sorry to hear about your cold! Sending some pixiedust: your way for a super speedy recovery.

I was told that drinking lots of fluids can help to flush the cold germs and viruses out of your body. I like drinking hot water, honey and lemon slices. It keeps you warm and the lemon has vitamin C. The honey gives it a sweet taste and is good if you have a sore throat. Other than that, make sure you're getting lots of rest!

Hope to see you Saturday!

Hi all! I never have a chance to post on these boards (I have a relatively new job and just can't steal too many minutes away for the boards). I have to quickly post to say that I'm excited about the race this weekend - I'm running the Disney 1/2 - BUT, sadly, I have a huge, horrible head cold!!

The cold won't go away and seems to be getting worse! Arrgh. I left south Florida and moved to Michigan for this great new job that I couldn't pass up (I know, it sounds crazy, but there are jobs in Michigan!), and the change in weather seems to be destroying my immune system!

Does anyone have any "make the cold go away faster" remedies that they swear by? I'll try anything! I already take vitamins and Emergen-C...

Good luck this weekend to all! Thanks for letting me whine about my cold.

http://www.zicam.com/

or if you cant find it

http://nccam.nih.gov/health/echinacea/

You will likely need to find a local health food store, or if there is a Whole Foods near you, you can probably get it there.

http://www.allstays.com/c/natural-food-stores-michigan-locations.htm

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/annarbor/ (If you are in Ann Arbor)

I haven't used zicam, but my training partner swears by it.

Good luck!

Mike

I just went out and bought some Zicam! I've never tried this stuff. Willing to try anything just to make this go away!

Thanks!

Zicam is good stuff...

I would also stick to Tylenol and avoid asperin or NSAIDS at this point if you are feeling achy...

Good luck and feel better!

Feel better Sunshinegirl! I'm in MI and came down with a cold last Wednesday. It's better than last week. I'm taking my daily vitamin. Drinking water. Taking the Zicam. I'm afraid I'm just going to be coughing thru the half LOL

Keep the hope! Maybe the FL sunshine will make us magically 100% better :thumbsup2

And sleep as much as you can! Lots of rest! Your training is done, so don't worry about any of that. Maybe one short easy run of 10-15 min. when you get to Florida, just to loosen the legs.

Good luck and have fun!

Zicam is good stuff...

I would also stick to Tylenol and avoid asperin or NSAIDS at this point if you are feeling achy...

Good luck and feel better!

Someone is in the medical field.

NSAIDS = Non Steriodal Anti Inflamatory Drugs, like aspirin, Ibuprofen and Naproxin.

Like AisleEleven said, Tylenol, which has acetaminophen is not an NSAID.

Thank you everyone! I wish I'd had more time to post on these boards pre-race, you are all so helpful.

My cold is still here but I am resting as much as possible before boarding my plane tomorrow AM! My non-drowsy cold medicine is making me kind of delirious.... I am sneezing like crazy yet so excited to go run 13.1 miles!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter